Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD15 - empty "Tripod Cover" folder in PiP Objects
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
I've asked this on other threads which dealt with several PD15 installation problems. This question I asked hasn't been addressed yet:

In the PiP Objects room, the menu lists a folder for "Tripod Cover," but there are 0 files in it. In my C drive Programs folder, I see the files for Tripod Cover. As far as I know, everything is there that should be, but none of that shows up in my PD15 installation.

Anyone have experience with this?

RB

EDIT - briefly, I incorrectly said Dialog and Extreme Altimeter weren't showing up either. They are - I was looking in the wrong folders inside PD15. I've edited this post accordingly.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 18. 2016 14:52

rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Updating my own question - I see now the PiP Objects are labeled according to their aspect ratio. So for the Dialog balloons, for instance, each different balloon has four versions. The Tripod Cover files that puzzle me are only labeled "2_1" - these aren't available in the other ratios.

How is that possible? Why are any of these Objects labeled "2_1" when we don't have that aspect ratio available in PD?

I see labels of 2_1, 4_3, 9_16 and 16_9. Am I not seeing the Tripod Covers in PD15 because they are only for 2_1, and I first need to see a display of 2_1 items - but if so, how is that possible when that 2_1 ratio isn't even available - ?

RB

Quote I've asked this on other threads which dealt with several PD15 installation problems. This question I asked hasn't been addressed yet:

In the PiP Objects room, the menu lists a folder for "Tripod Cover," but there are 0 files in it. In my C drive Programs folder, I see the files for Tripod Cover. As far as I know, everything is there that should be, but none of that shows up in my PD15 installation.

Anyone have experience with this?

RB

EDIT - briefly, I incorrectly said Dialog and Extreme Altimeter weren't showing up either. They are - I was looking in the wrong folders inside PD15. I've edited this post accordingly.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi RB -

You've pretty much answered your own question without realising it laughing

2:1 is equirectangular, so the three "Tripod Cover" PiP Objects are only available if you are working on a 360° video project. Not being a 360 guy myself, I don't have a clue what you'd do with them... but they look like they were made to mask something (?).

Switch your aspect ratio to 360, and you'll see them.

Edit: Just found this video which shows the use of 360 PiP Objects & titles.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 18. 2016 17:26

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Great, thanks for the answer, Tony - Not only were these "Tripod Covers" a mystery to me, but also why the 2:1 aspect ratio wasn't in the program's settings - I didn't realize 2:1 is only for 360 videos. OK - All cleared up. Thanks.

FB

Quote Hi RB -

You've pretty much answered your own question without realising it laughing

2:1 is equirectangular, so the three "Tripod Cover" PiP Objects are only available if you are working on a 360° video project. Not being a 360 guy myself, I don't have a clue what you'd do with them... but they look like they were made to mask something (?).

Switch your aspect ratio to 360, and you'll see them.

Edit: Just found this video which shows the use of 360 PiP Objects & titles.

Cheers - Tony