Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Missing so many things in PD15
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Frankly, in a number of ways, this recent installation of PD15 is seeming more like a downgrade from PD11 than an upgrade.

Jeff has already helped me get back my missing custom Produce files by copying and pasting in the old profile.ini file. The one that came with PD15 was completely blank. I've also gone to Director's Zone and re-downloaded some missing Titles, Frames, Particles, DVD menus, and Particle Objects.

Now I've compared the Titles, Transitions, FX, Particles and PiP Objects found in PD15 to the ones in PD11. A very large number are still missing, and I have no idea how to get them. What is going on?

I won't bore with you with the complete list. Here are some examples of the differences between these two PD versions:

FRAMES in PiP Objects - PD15 has 1, PD11 had 33.

STATIC OBJECTS - PD15 has 3, PD11 had 33.

TRANSITIONS - Slides - PD has 3, PD11 had 12. - Are there supposed to be only 2 things in the proDAD folder?

In TITLES, the new "Tripod Cover" folder has ZERO files in it. I see in the installation folder on my C drive that there are a lot of files for this, but none were installed in the program. None of the Dialogue Balloons from PD11 are in PD15's Titles either.

In PARTICLES and elsewhere, PD11 had legacy files from PD10, 9 and 8. Why aren't those here in PD15 along with the ones from PD11? When I upgraded from PD9 to PD11, everything I already had was migrated with the new installation.

I spend what for me is a fairly extravagant amount of money on myself, only to have such a huge amount of things no longer available in this new version - and that's not going over too big with me.

I'm glad I've recovered a few things, but am Very Unhappy with Cyberlink. I see there were issues fixed with that patch - I've run that. But what about the rest of what I'm missing? Are other people missing this many things? Isn't there anything I can do to reclaim all this stuff?

RB
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
From what you describe it appears maybe you didn't get all the downloads if a online purchase, they didn't unzip correctly, or the like. Can you post a windows explorer pic of the downloaded files you have with sizes and also what flavor of PD15, Ultra, Ultimate.... you purchased. (My DirectorSuite pic attached for reference) A pic of like your PIP Object room may also help so one can see what you have to compare with.

Maybe that will shed a little light on the issue.

Secondly, during install of the exe file I'd assume you had the accompany rar files all downloaded and in the same location as the exe.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD15_DS_Install.png]
 Filename
PD15_DS_Install.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
27 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 16. 2016 19:43

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Dissatisfaction like what you voiced could lead to problems. New features, new items added could mean older features and older items dropped to satisfy the new market each year. A newer car of the same make/model can be much different from the same 10 years ago.

Content packs installed in one version of PD never carried over to any later versions. Newblue effects from previous versions are available for use in later versions if they are full versions instead of upgrade versions purchased. You pay less you get less.

The 12 slides transitions in PD15 are all there. You can change the direction to access the others.

I once thought keeping all the old versions of PD allow me do perform the older tasks better but I find that I don’t access them except to answer questions.

Edit: I see that Jeff has answered while I was still typing. Hope this may clear up some disreprency that you see. There are ways to get what you want back.
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
JL_JL and tomasc, you guys are great. Thanks for helping out.

I purchased Director Suite 5 Ultimate. As requested, I'm attaching a screenshot of my install folder. As instructed, all the downloaded files are in the one folder from which I installed the program. You can see that I also put a MediaEspresso update file in this folder, along with the 2309 PD15 update patch, to keep all my current Cyberlink install files in one location.

The second attachment is the requested screenshot of my PiP Objects menu. You can see, for instance, that the new "Tripod Cover" folder is empty, even though all the files are in the installed folder for PD15 in my master Program folder. As mentioned in my post yesterday, none of the folders of Objects from previous versions of PD are listed. My PD11 program included files from PD11, 9 and 8 - a total of 118 Objects not to found in this new install.

So I could figure out what all is missing from PD11, I also did screenshots of FX, Particle Room, Titles and Transitions. When comparing those screenshots to PD11, I can see all of them have missing things.

Tomasc, what do you mean, "The 12 slides transitions in PD15 are all there. You can change the direction access the others." -- ? My Transitions menu shows 3 slides, not 12. I don't know what you mean, "change the direction"--?

Upgrading my music production software is what I've had the most experiece with. When upgrading, always, without exception, everything from previous versions is always included in the new package, along with whatever's been added or changed. I don't understand the concept that older items should be dropped.

"There are ways to get what you want back."--- OK - how? Haven't other people had the same experience of losing things? What, if anything, have they done to fix this problem?

Randy B.

Quote Dissatisfaction like what you voiced could lead to problems. New features, new items added could mean older features and older items dropped to satisfy the new market each year. A newer car of the same make/model can be much different from the same 10 years ago.

Content packs installed in one version of PD never carried over to any later versions. Newblue effects from previous versions are available for use in later versions if they are full versions instead of upgrade versions purchased. You pay less you get less.

The 12 slides transitions in PD15 are all there. You can change the direction to access the others.

I once thought keeping all the old versions of PD allow me do perform the older tasks better but I find that I don’t access them except to answer questions.

Edit: I see that Jeff has answered while I was still typing. Hope this may clear up some disreprency that you see. There are ways to get what you want back.

---and from JL_JL

in regards to rbowser
From what you describe it appears maybe you didn't get all the
downloads if a online purchase, they didn't unzip correctly, or the
like. Can you post a windows explorer pic of the downloaded files you
have with sizes and also what flavor of PD15, Ultra, Ultimate.... you
purchased. (My DirectorSuite pic attached for reference) A pic of like
your PIP Object room may also help so one can see what you have to
compare with.

Maybe that will shed a little light on the issue.

Secondly, during install of the exe file I'd assume you had the
accompany rar files all downloaded and in the same location as the exe.

Jeff
[Thumb - PiP Objects in PD15.jpg]
 Filename
PiP Objects in PD15.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
PD15-PiP-Objects
 Filesize
40 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
18 time(s)
[Thumb - PD15-install-files.jpg]
 Filename
PD15-install-files.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
PD15 install files
 Filesize
217 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
22 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
So I think you have what's included with PD15. For your PIP Frames inquiry, yes PD15 does not include all the PIP Frames from previous versions. As I indicated in the other thread, for those one needs to download from directorzone with the link I had supplied. The attached pic of PD11 shows the 31 frames you reference, so for Baby 001 it would be from directorzone http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/8831

PD11 is the last version that contained those particular frames in PIP objects, they are not part of PD12, 13, 14, or 15 and one would need to download from directorzone.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD11_Frames.png]
 Filename
PD11_Frames.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
635 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
19 time(s)
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, Jeff - Yes, yesterday I went to DirectorZone and re-downloaded the Titles, Frames, Particles, Motion Objects, Static Objects, and DVD menus which I had downloaded for PD11 but which were missing in this new install. Looks like I'll need to keep visiting DirectorZone to pick out more missing things - and, as you said in the other thread, that's a crazy thing to have to do, wading through 1,000+ things just to put back what Cyberlink inexplicably removed from the program. Why would people stop wanting all these Frames that were thrown out? Strange.

Regarding these Tripod files - Do they show up for anyone? As I've said, that folder shows 0 files in PD15, but all the Tripod files are there in the Program installation folder for PD15. That indicates something went wrong when I installed the program. Or, if nobody has those Tripod files, then it's a glitch Cyberlink needs to address.

Thanks again. It will just be an on-going project for awhile, doing whatever I can to try and fix this semi-broken installation - not what I expected to be doing with this Christmas present to myself!

Randy B.

Quote So I think you have what's included with PD15. For your PIP Frames inquiry, yes PD15 does not include all the PIP Frames from previous versions. As I indicated in the other thread, for those one needs to download from directorzone with the link I had supplied. The attached pic of PD11 shows the 31 frames you reference, so for Baby 001 it would be from directorzone http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/8831

PD11 is the last version that contained those particular frames in PIP objects, they are not part of PD12, 13, 14, or 15 and one would need to download from directorzone.

Jeff
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jeff, a quick follow up. I see that using Search at DZ, I can retrieve missing things as needed, getting the specific old items if I know their names. Fine.

But PD15 doesn't have the direct DZ link at the upper left as in PD11. I'm getting to DZ by clicking the question mark then selecting "Download Free Templates." That looks like the only way to do that now. I wonder why Cyberlink took away the direct DZ link?

I thought maybe I'd find these missing "Tripod Cover" files at DZ - they're not there. Still a mystery why these new items are in the Program folder for PD15 but not showing up in the program.

RB
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote But PD15 doesn't have the direct DZ link at the upper left as in PD11. I'm getting to DZ by clicking the question mark then selecting "Download Free Templates." That looks like the only way to do that now. I wonder why Cyberlink took away the direct DZ link?

There are many ways to access DZ, that is one of them.

Additionally, in each room, PIP Object Room, Particle Room, Title Room, Transition Room, Create Disc Menu Pref area, there is a blue icon with a download arrow on it in the upper left of each library when all the content is selected. This takes you to DZ from each of the rooms that you might want to download a given template from. The icon usually says "Free Templates"

Jeff
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ah, that's what that is, yes, I see - didn't realize those were DZ links. Every room has that arrow except the FX room. There's a download for the NewBlue folders, but not one for the full folder. Fine, this is better. Thanks again, Jeff.

Still no word on why Tripod Cover is missing, and if anyone actually has that?

RB

Quote But PD15 doesn't have the direct DZ link at the upper left as in PD11. I'm getting to DZ by clicking the question mark then selecting "Download Free Templates." That looks like the only way to do that now. I wonder why Cyberlink took away the direct DZ link?

There are many ways to access DZ, that is one of them.

Additionally, in each room, PIP Object Room, Particle Room, Title Room, Transition Room, Create Disc Menu Pref area, there is a blue icon with a download arrow on it in the upper left of each library when all the content is selected. This takes you to DZ from each of the rooms that you might want to download a given template from. The icon usually says "Free Templates"

Jeff