Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dazzle DVC100 and PowerDirector 14 ?
sc6jd02 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 09, 2016 08:48 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all

Has anyone any experience of using PD14 to capture video froma Dazzle DVC100 device ?

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50308.page mentions using a diamond multimedia one touch video capture VC 500 to capture, which is a similar device to the Dazzle, eg. USB2

I open PD14 and select Capture

I get a message saying Initialising Analog device

In the captured content windows get Line(Dazzle DVC100 Audio Device)

In Settings - Video setup Capture Device is shown as 001 - only one in dropdown.

Device resolutions dropdown is blank.

Audio device shown as Line (Dazzle DVC100 Audio Device)

Select Advanced settings - nothing happens

Audio input is greyed out

Mixer - Record tab is Line Dazzle DVC100 Audio Device

Capture options are

Capture from HDV Cancorder get Your version doesn't support this feature. Upgrade and enjoy complete set ot features.

Capture from a webcam - nothing happens

Capture from a microphone get Detecting audio device - no sound captrured

Can PD14 capture from a DVC100? I have Pinnacle Studio 15, AVSVideoRecorder and Serif MoviePlus X6, all of which can capture from the DVC100, but I think that the more capture options I have the better.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have the full version of Power Director 14 or do you have the trial or OEM version? Both of those are limited in what they can or cannot do.

If you have the full version, go here (link) and tell us what the Build Number and Serial Number are.

I assume you are using a USB port on the back of your computer and not one in the fromt or via a hub.

I don;t have that device but I have two other devices that work well. I have , in the past used different devices and they would not work with other than the software that comes with the device OR one very similar. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
sc6jd02 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Do you have the full version of Power Director 14 or do you have the trial or OEM version? Both of those are limited in what they can or cannot do.

If you have the full version, go here (link) and tell us what the Build Number and Serial Number are.

I assume you are using a USB port on the back of your computer and not one in the fromt or via a hub.

I don;t have that device but I have two other devices that work well. I have , in the past used different devices and they would not work with other than the software that comes with the device OR one very similar.

Help/About Cyberlink says PowerDirector LE 14.0.2820.0. Maybe thats the reason.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Do you have the full version of Power Director 14 or do you have the trial or OEM version? Both of those are limited in what they can or cannot do.

I don;t have that device but I have two other devices that work well. I have , in the past used different devices and they would not work with other than the software that comes with the device OR one very similar.

Help/About Cyberlink says PowerDirector LE 14.0.2820.0. Maybe thats the reason.

Possibly - the "LE" may stand for an OEM version. The OEM functionality is chosen by who supplies the software. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Help/About Cyberlink says PowerDirector LE 14.0.2820.0. Maybe thats the reason.

Not aware that the LE version of PD14 being available anywhere. Let us know how it is obtained.
sc6jd02 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Help/About Cyberlink says PowerDirector LE 14.0.2820.0. Maybe thats the reason.

Not aware that the LE version of PD14 being available anywhere. Let us know how it is obtained.

From here.

http://sharewareonsale.com/s/cyberlink-powerdirector-sale

Just noticed it says LE edition
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote From here.

Thank you for the link. I am sure many users that have the older versions of PD will want to save the 49.99! and try it out.
stevek
[Post New]
Quote From here.

Thank you for the link. I am sure many users that have the older versions of PD will want to save the 49.99! and try it out.

It is a limited version so it has some functionality disabled. To try it out there is a trial version at the Cyberlink site. By the way, this trial version is also limited. .