Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't Open ColorDirector from within PowerDirector
ajs [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 19, 2016 18:29 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

ColorDirector is installed and when I click on a clip and click fix/enhance, there is a menu button to open the clip in colordirector however when I click it, it tells me that it is not installed on the system and then has a buy now button.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 27. 2016 01:59

Jirka.Bolech
Senior Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Aug 16, 2014 06:03 Messages: 158 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

Yes, I have the same problem on my computer. My exchange of messages with the CyberLink support people about this was completely useless. I decided that the potential benefit of being able to open ColorDirector from within PowerDirector was not worth the trouble to try to fix it. Perhaps some Windows registry manipulation would solve the issue but I don't care…

Jirka
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Powerdirector Director Suite 5, it works on my system.

I place the sample video on the timeline, select it, click the button Fix/enhance. When Fix/enhance opens there is a button at the top for ColorDirector. I click that button, ColorDirector opens with the video loaded. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Jirka.Bolech
Senior Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Aug 16, 2014 06:03 Messages: 158 Offline
[Post New]
Carl, you made me realize, I should perhaps mention my computer runs Windows 10…

Jirka
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Carl, you made me realize, I should perhaps mention my computer runs Windows 10…

Jirka
I doubt Windows 10 would make a difference.

One thing I might suggest, uninstall ColorDirector, then re-install ColorDirector if you have the standalone version of ColorDirector.

Otherwise, you would have to uninstall the Director Suite, then reboot the computer, Install Director Suite.

Somewhere in the original install something did not happen as it was supposed to.

Use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall DirectorSuite. That would likely clean the registry. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Jirka.Bolech
[Post New]
Well, you never know but I agree Windows 10 is an unlikely culprit. I purchased and installed ColorDirector separately. Its reinstallation didn't help. I don't remember exactly but I think I tried to uninstall and then install both PowerDirector and ColorDirector again. Anyway, this issue is no big deal to me…
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Well, you never know but I agree Windows 10 is an unlikely culprit.

Hi Jirka -

It's not a Win10 thing. Here, on Win10, PDR & CDR interact as you'd expect. I agree, it's no big deal... as long as CDR can be accessed as a standalone.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ajs [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm on Windows 7 so Windows Version Numbers is not the issue.

Cyberlink support is not helping either as I have no answer out of them.

Quote Well, you never know but I agree Windows 10 is an unlikely culprit.

Hi Jirka -

It's not a Win10 thing. Here, on Win10, PDR & CDR interact as you'd expect. I agree, it's no big deal... as long as CDR can be accessed as a standalone.

Cheers - Tony
ajs [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well I managed to solve this issue.

I am operating on a 64 bit system and for some reason during the install process cyberlink has installed the colordirector shared files to the C:\program Files(x86)\CyberLink\Shared Files\ directory.

I moved the CyberLink Directory from the above to C:\Program Files\ directory (Which is the 64 bit directory) and it now works.

Quote Hi there,

Yes, I have the same problem on my computer. My exchange of messages with the CyberLink support people about this was completely useless. I decided that the potential benefit of being able to open ColorDirector from within PowerDirector was not worth the trouble to try to fix it. Perhaps some Windows registry manipulation would solve the issue but I don't care…

Jirka