Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I achieve smooth page scrolling screen captures?
SE4Geezer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 11, 2016 04:43 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Everyone,

I'm doing some screen captures of a scrolling web page, but they're quite jerky when rendered and I wondered if anyone out there had some top tips of smoothing them out.

The web page itself scolls smoothly, so that's not the issue. I've used the highest resolution and FPS on the capture app, and tried using the video enhancement, video stabilizer tool in PowerDirector 15, but it's still not good enough for a demanding client!

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 23. 2016 14:32

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi SE4Geezer -

I've been faced the the same problem myself at times. First up, I'm rarely able to scroll through a web page smoothly - either using the scroll wheel or the scroll bar at the side. That might be an age thing.

Secondly, the screen capture only captures my unsmooth scrolling frown

What I've done, as a workaround, is to take screenshots of all parts of the page from top to bottom - then combine them in graphics software...

THEN apply scrolling motion to the combined screenshot... which, in the case of this example, is 3818x10806. To make it look like I was actually scrolling I overlaid a "browser" graphic.

The motion can be paused at any point.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 24. 2016 05:23

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
SE4Geezer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 11, 2016 04:43 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi SE4Geezer -

I've been faced the the same problem myself at times. First up, I'm rarely able to scroll through a web page smoothly - either using the scroll wheel or the scroll bar at the side. That might be an age thing.

Secondly, the screen capture only captures my unsmooth scrolling frown

What I've done, as a workaround, is to take screenshots of all parts of the page from top to bottom - then combine them in graphics software...

THEN apply scrolling motion to the combined screenshot... which, in the case of this example, is 3818x10806. To make it look like I was actually scrolling I overlaid a "browser" graphic.

The motion can be paused at any point.

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony,

That's really useful, thanks! Your example video is so mooth running you'd never know it's a series of stills. I'll give it a try.

Have a nice day.

SE4Geezer
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Just to clarify, & maybe you understand already, in PDR it's not a series of separate screenshots. They were pasted into a single combined screenshot before import.

Then the scrolling motion was applied & the overlay inserted into Track 2.

Couple of screenshots attached that may help (or not).

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Screenshots combined.png]
 Filename
Screenshots combined.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
252 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
17 time(s)
[Thumb - PiP Designer Scroll keyframes.png]
 Filename
PiP Designer Scroll keyframes.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
264 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
16 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!