Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Locked out of PD15
[Post New]
I’m very upset about this. I have a subscription to PD15, it’s active and good for almost a year still. Today, when I went to open it, I get a dialog box saying I must log in with my Cyberlink Member Account email and password. When I try, it says no account exists even though I can log into the account via the web; including this site. I am totally locked out.I called Cyberlink. They stated this is a known issue and will send instructions to remove the existing software and reinstall it. In the process, any custom effect I have created, templates, or downloads will be lost. Their advice was to back it up to their Director zone – how the hell can I when I can’t log in and get the damn program running!All projects are backed up – but any downloaded templates will be lost. Now, they stated this is a KNOWN PROBLEM. WTF!!!!I have used Cyberlink PD for 4 years. I have put up with glitches, hang ups, etc. But this is about the last straw. I’ve got a paid up subscription – I don’t expect to be locked out at random and loose stuff due to a known problem. Would it have been that hard to send some kind of e-mail advising of this issue and to recommend some steps be taken? Why do customers have to find this out the hard way???I’m awaiting the “instructions”. But I have to state, this is piss poor. I subscribe to the service with the expectation it will be kept updated and stuff like this won’t happen. I’ve been on the fence about moving on to another program, this certainly adds a level of urgency for me to do so.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Michael,

Thank you for sharing your experience on the forum. Maybe other users who have experienced the same issue can provide insight into it.

Can you share your support ticket number with me here? I would like to pass it on directly to the CyberLink customer support manager so they can investigate.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Brad McClaren [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 06, 2016 08:34 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm also having this problem.

(QuestionID = CS001679629)
Brad McClaren [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 06, 2016 08:34 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I’m very upset about this. I have a subscription to PD15, it’s active and good for almost a year still. Today, when I went to open it, I get a dialog box saying I must log in with my Cyberlink Member Account email and password. When I try, it says no account exists even though I can log into the account via the web; including this site. I am totally locked out.I called Cyberlink. They stated this is a known issue and will send instructions to remove the existing software and reinstall it. In the process, any custom effect I have created, templates, or downloads will be lost. Their advice was to back it up to their Director zone – how the hell can I when I can’t log in and get the damn program running!All projects are backed up – but any downloaded templates will be lost. Now, they stated this is a KNOWN PROBLEM. WTF!!!!I have used Cyberlink PD for 4 years. I have put up with glitches, hang ups, etc. But this is about the last straw. I’ve got a paid up subscription – I don’t expect to be locked out at random and loose stuff due to a known problem. Would it have been that hard to send some kind of e-mail advising of this issue and to recommend some steps be taken? Why do customers have to find this out the hard way???I’m awaiting the “instructions”. But I have to state, this is piss poor. I subscribe to the service with the expectation it will be kept updated and stuff like this won’t happen. I’ve been on the fence about moving on to another program, this certainly adds a level of urgency for me to do so.

I found a fix for my problem, hopefully it'll help you as well.

Go to your update history in Windows 10 and repair the Visual Studio update that was installed on 11/18. After the reboot you should be able to login w/o any problems.
Madrieco [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 17, 2016 09:47 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I found a fix for my problem, hopefully it'll help you as well. Go to your update history in Windows 10 and repair the Visual Studio update that was installed on 11/18. After the reboot you should be able to login w/o any problems.
I don't have that update in my history, so I still have the problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 19. 2016 03:43

Madrieco [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I’m very upset about this. I have a subscription to PD15, it’s active and good for almost a year still. Today, when I went to open it, I get a dialog box saying I must log in with my Cyberlink Member Account email and password. When I try, it says no account exists even though I can log into the account via the web; including this site. I am totally locked out.I called Cyberlink. They stated this is a known issue and will send instructions to remove the existing software and reinstall it. In the process, any custom effect I have created, templates, or downloads will be lost. Their advice was to back it up to their Director zone – how the hell can I when I can’t log in and get the damn program running!All projects are backed up – but any downloaded templates will be lost. Now, they stated this is a KNOWN PROBLEM. WTF!!!!I have used Cyberlink PD for 4 years. I have put up with glitches, hang ups, etc. But this is about the last straw. I’ve got a paid up subscription – I don’t expect to be locked out at random and loose stuff due to a known problem. Would it have been that hard to send some kind of e-mail advising of this issue and to recommend some steps be taken? Why do customers have to find this out the hard way???I’m awaiting the “instructions”. But I have to state, this is piss poor. I subscribe to the service with the expectation it will be kept updated and stuff like this won’t happen. I’ve been on the fence about moving on to another program, this certainly adds a level of urgency for me to do so.

I have exactly the same. Thx for my money Cyberlink. Paid for something I can't use now.

Hmmm... Weird, sometimes I can login, but most of the time it says that my account doesn't excist... Is there something wrong with the registration server?

[Question ID = CS001679684]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 19. 2016 03:42

[Post New]
CL tickets #'s CS001679533; CS001679558 both dated yesterday.

I looked for that Microsoft update and can't find it. Even if I did I'm not sure how to "repair" it. Really, though, if that a compatability issue than it should be incumbent on CL to release a patch rather than customers having to search for which (if any) Microsoft updates could be conflicting. I don't have time to play programming "Where's Waldo" games when I need to be using the damn program!

I have totally cleared out ALL CL programs that I could find. Tried downloading the Application Manager multiple times. Still can't get past the "Account Doesn't Exist" dialog box when asked to log in.

CL did provide a direct address for the Application Manager. Looks like it's the same program but I'm not sure. After I downloaded THAT version I was asked for a password and user name that CL provded to me in the first e-mail. THAT application manager seems to have gone in and looks like it's working as the prgrams are beginning to download.... we'll see....
[Post New]
OK, So I got an Application Manager dowloaded as stated earlier that proceeded to download all the Powerdirector programs. So far so good. I was able to click on the PD15 icon afterwards and it opened! Closed it and went to open a project later and guess what... Back to that "no account exists" crap so I'm still locked out.

Tried taking out the Microsoft updates from the 18th. No change. Still locked out.
QTMEL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 30, 2015 05:31 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem for me this as of this morning 19th Nov 2016. Can log
into member account via website but cannot launch power director at all. Says
user account does not exist. Anyone reported this to customer support yet and
has an open ticket?
[Post New]
Quote Same problem for me this as of this morning 19th Nov 2016. Can log
into member account via website but cannot launch power director at all. Says
user account does not exist. Anyone reported this to customer support yet and
has an open ticket?

Yeah, I have a few I put in yesterday. I've managed to totally remove and reload PD15, only to end up back "not existing." I'm stuck and waiting on a response to my tickets....
[Post New]
OK... still messing with this thing. Still getting the "log in with account" dialog box and I still don't seem to exist.

HOWEVER... out of frustration, I clicked on the button about 15 times and got in! So it would seem like there is some kind of hangup with that sign in dialog box bit. Been playing with it... sometimes I can get in on the 3rd or 4th attempt, sometimes on about the 20th repeated click(s). I NEVER had to sign in prior to opening the program before - but always had the option to once in the program. Did CL change something? Is this part of a "silver bullet" to shut down pirated versions?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 19. 2016 08:49

Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Thanks for the ticket IDs. They have been passed along.

Good to know that two of you have seemed to fixed it. Tech support will hopefully follow up with a reason and a solution for everyone.

In the mean time, keep passing along your info and fixes to help others.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
[Post New]
OK... for the last several hours PD seems to be working normally..... BUT I honestly don't know what, if anything, I did to get it back to this state. I'm having a hard time right now "trusting" this thing will come up as it should when needed. I guess time will tell, but it would be nice to have an "official" determination of the cause/solution from CL.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 19. 2016 12:28

Madrieco [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote OK... for the last several hours PD seems to be working normally..... BUT I honestly don't know what, if anything, I did to get it back to this state. I'm having a hard time right now "trusting" this thing will come up as it should when needed. I guess time will tell, but it would be nice to have an "official" determination of the cause/solution from CL.

Here it also seems to work again. Nothing changed in my software so I asume it was the registration server...
[Post New]
Hello,

CyberLink RD informed me that this error was caused by a database upgrade performed last week. They apologize for the inconvenience, but it should be fixed now.

If you have any further issues please contact CS directly, not respond in this thread, as it will be closed because the issue is solved.

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator