Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 10 no longer want to open
Caturel2015 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2016 18:56 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I have been using this app and photo director for two years now and I don't know why suddently one day PowerDirector couldn't open. It pop out a window telling me to send a broken repport witch I did but I never had a response to fix the problem. It really weird because photodirector is working perfectly fine. It really annoys me because I don't want to buy another app to make video and it was working just fine for me. Those app were coming with my laptop when I bough it so I don't have any receipt.

Hope someone can help
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible that changes were made to this pc one day that caused PD10 not to run. Let us know how often you use PD10 and when did you notice it stopped working. Please read this sticky: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50109.page and supply the PD version and build number and a DxDiag.txt.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have been using this app and photo director for two years now and I don't know why suddently one day PowerDirector couldn't open. It pop out a window telling me to send a broken repport witch I did but I never had a response to fix the problem. It really weird because photodirector is working perfectly fine. It really annoys me because I don't want to buy another app to make video and it was working just fine for me. Those app were coming with my laptop when I bough it so I don't have any receipt.

Hope someone can help

Did they give you PD disc when you bought the laptop? If so it will be quicker for you to re-install the program. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Caturel2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Is it possible that changes were made to this pc one day that caused PD10 not to run. Let us know how often you use PD10 and when did you notice it stopped working. Please read this sticky: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50109.page and supply the PD version and build number and a DxDiag.txt.

I screach and I saw that to find the build number and a DxDiag.txt. you have to open the application. As I explain, the app just don't want to open anymore. When I click on it, it shows me this : the link lead to the pic

https://docs.google.com/a/marcelline.qc.ca/document/d/1WoOVpOsFKI8Da2f7zxhfp2FWGm2ouElxPyro2JhgTtI/edit?usp=sharing

I was using it a lot last year for school projects and for my personals videos. I did a project on april 2016 and it was not longer after that that it started crashing. I know it's been a while but during the summer I didn't needed it that much so I kind of gave up on making it working. And the only changes made where that I updated it to windows 10 put it crashed before that update....

really hope there is a solution

PS the picture is in french if you need any translation tell me.
Caturel2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have been using this app and photo director for two years now and I don't know why suddently one day PowerDirector couldn't open. It pop out a window telling me to send a broken repport witch I did but I never had a response to fix the problem. It really weird because photodirector is working perfectly fine. It really annoys me because I don't want to buy another app to make video and it was working just fine for me. Those app were coming with my laptop when I bough it so I don't have any receipt.

Hope someone can help

Did they give you PD disc when you bought the laptop? If so it will be quicker for you to re-install the program.

No they didn't, it was already install when I activted it.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
The google link you supplied is private so no one can access that document. The DxDiag.txt does not require you to open PD10.

Thank you for explaining your situation here. It all makes sense now. You last used PD10 on April 2016. Upgraded to windows 10 and find that it no longer works. That is expected as PD10 was written for windows 8.1 which is before windows 10 and no patches have been issued to make it compatible. There is a patch written for PD13. See this link: http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/window10-updates-center/enu/index.jsp#rangeWin10 . Run the compatibility check.

The best solution is to obtain and use the software designed for windows 10 such as PD15 which is current.
Caturel2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The google link you supplied is private so no one can access that document. The DxDiag.txt does not require you to open PD10.

Thank you for explaining your situation here. It all makes sense now. You last used PD10 on April 2016. Upgraded to windows 10 and find that it no longer works. That is expected as PD10 was written for windows 8.1 which is before windows 10 and no patches have been issued to make it compatible. There is a patch written for PD13. See this link: http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/window10-updates-center/enu/index.jsp#rangeWin10 . Run the compatibility check.

The best solution is to obtain and use the software designed for windows 10 such as PD15 which is current.

Thank you for the information. I think I suceeded to put the DxDiag. I run the compatibility check and it's telling me that all the products should have an update to the latest version. But like for exemple I have photodirector 3 and it's just working fine. So basically I have to pay again to have PD15?
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
90 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
237 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
PD15 Deluxe is closest to what you have. If you registered the old PD10 then you may be entitled to a 10% discount. You can stay with win 10 or you could revert back to the original os if within 30 days or use the backup from the hidden partition on the hard drive to restore the computer to the original configuration.

Your DxDiag.txt at the end does show that you have crashes with the Instagram app and with windows 10 updates but none from PD10 because it does not start up.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
You may wantr to contact the computer manufacturer to see if they will give you a Windows 10 update OEM program. Some manufacturers also have an updated version on thier web site update page. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Caturel2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote PD15 Deluxe is closest to what you have. If you registered the old PD10 then you may be entitled to a 10% discount. You can stay with win 10 or you could revert back to the original os if within 30 days or use the backup from the hidden partition on the hard drive to restore the computer to the original configuration.

Your DxDiag.txt at the end does show that you have crashes with the Instagram app and with windows 10 updates but none from PD10 because it does not start up.

Thank you a lot for your help. I don't know a lot about the informatic so I think I will screach for another app maybe a bit cheeper.

Have a nice evening
Caturel2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You may wantr to contact the computer manufacturer to see if they will give you a Windows 10 update OEM program. Some manufacturers also have an updated version on thier web site update page.

Okay, but by computer manufacturer you mean for exemple HP or the shop where I bought it ? And what's an OEM program... I really don't know a lot in this sorry

thank you for your time
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You may wantr to contact the computer manufacturer to see if they will give you a Windows 10 update OEM program. Some manufacturers also have an updated version on thier web site update page.

Okay, but by computer manufacturer you mean for exemple HP or the shop where I bought it ? And what's an OEM program... I really don't know a lot in this sorry

thank you for your time

Repeat "contact the computer manufacturer to see if they will give you a Windows 10 update OEM" In your case HP.

An OEM program, sometimes called a teaser, is a free program with a hardware purchase. It gives you the basic functionality but it is limied in that it doesn't give you any unique functions if you want to get into video editing more. Any majore changes to the hardware will cause it not to function (OS system change). In most cases sales of OEM software is illegal although I see more and more of it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 18. 2016 07:22

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Caturel2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]

thank you for your time

Repeat "contact the computer manufacturer to see if they will give you a Windows 10 update OEM" In your case HP.

An OEM program, sometimes called a teaser, is a free program with a hardware purchase. It gives you the basic functionality but it is limied in that it doesn't give you any unique functions if you want to get into video editing more. Any majore changes to the hardware will cause it not to function (OS system change). In most cases sales of OEM software is illegal although I see more and more of it.

Okay !! thanks a lot
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Quote what's an OEM program?

OEM stands for "Original Equipment Manufacturer" so, by definition, OEM software is supplied by the manufacturer of the equipment. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64