Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multimedia keys on keyboard only working when PowerDVD has focus
octagon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 27, 2013 18:06 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I have a PowerDVD 16 Ultimate, installed on a Windows 10 Enterprise x64 system. I have a weird problem with the multimedia keys (Play, Stop, Fwd, Back, etc.). When PowerDVD has focus, they work as intended; however, when PowerDVD does not have focus (t.ex. if working on the desktop in Windows), the multimedia keys don't work at all. I have tried an endless bunch of advise found around the web - setting default apps, checking Windows Services etc. - to no avail.

I have a clean install of Windows 10 - installed from scratch. Previously I had Windows 7 installed on the system, and there were no problems at all.

Does anyone know how this can be solved? A solution will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 14. 2016 15:09

MrJoshua [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2014 21:26 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

I have a PowerDVD 16 Ultimate, installed on a Windows 10 Enterprise x64 system. I have a weird problem with the multimedia keys (Play, Stop, Fwd, Back, etc.). When PowerDVD has focus, they work as intended; however, when PowerDVD does not have focus (t.ex. if working on the desktop in Windows), the multimedia keys don't work at all. I have tried an endless bunch of advise found around the web - setting default apps, checking Windows Services etc. - to no avail.

I have a clean install of Windows 10 - installed from scratch. Previously I had Windows 7 installed on the system, and there were no problems at all.

Does anyone know how this can be solved? A solution will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

You mean that, they stop working with PowerDVD, or What?

VLC, Itunes, WMP, all stop working when not in Focus also, UNLESS you set global binds.

So if you mean that when, PowerDVD is not in focus, your multimedia keys stop working with PowerDVD that is "normal"

But if your saying, that you open windows explorer, while PowerDVD is open, but then your keys do nothing at all, no volume control, or what ever then you have a problem.