Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
P15 Newbie, library into folders?
mchl236 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 07, 2016 10:24 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I just got PD 15, and am trying to get our annual Thanksgiving movie made for the family. The whole fam sure looks forward to it being there on Thanksgiving day. Difficult to do this by the deadline when I am new to this software. I have always had to use Windows Movie Maker, and have waited patiently to be able to get PD! I have my pics and videos organized on my pc in folders according to subject for the movie. My question is, is it possible to import these folders into my project, and keep them separated in these folder? Haven't been able to figure this out. Also, I don't lnow anything about aspect ratios. What would be the correct ratio for my home movie? Just going to burn to disk for tv viewing. Any help greatly appreciated. Bon Heur Dans La Vie
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
"Did you post this twice? It will not speed up getting an answer.

1 ) My recommendation is to do a separate project for each of your folders. When you go to create a DVD, just add the projects as chapters in your menu.

2) If you are just making a DVD, then 4 by 3 is the correct ratio. 16 by 9 is for high definition and blu ray type discs. I know you are on a short timeframe but looking at some of the tutorials would save you time in the long run."

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2016 06:44

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have my pics and videos organized on my pc in folders according to subject for the movie. My question is, is it possible to import these folders into my project, and keep them separated in these folder?

Yes, that's possible. One can create media library tags (really a folder for your content). See the attached pic. Click the arrow (1) to expand the library explorer view. Then click (2) to add a new tag. Here I've created a tag of "Birthdays" and another tag of "Parties". You can simply click on the tag and then load for instance an entire media folder or several files individually into these tags for simply project creating management.

As far as aspect ratio, most things these days are 16:9 (widescreen).

Jeff
[Thumb - PD15_Folders.png]
 Filename
PD15_Folders.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
53 time(s)
mchl236 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote "Did you post this twice? It will not speed up getting an answer.

1 ) My recommendation is to do a separate project for each of your folders. When you go to create a DVD, just add the projects as chapters in your menu.

2) If you are just making a DVD, then 4 by 3 is the correct ratio. 16 by 9 is for high definition and blu ray type discs. I know you are on a short timeframe but looking at some of the tutorials would save you time in the long run."

Thank you so much for your reply, good suggestion! Bon Heur Dans La Vie
mchl236 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have my pics and videos organized on my pc in folders according to subject for the movie. My question is, is it possible to import these folders into my project, and keep them separated in these folder?

Yes, that's possible. One can create media library tags (really a folder for your content). See the attached pic. Click the arrow (1) to expand the library explorer view. Then click (2) to add a new tag. Here I've created a tag of "Birthdays" and another tag of "Parties". You can simply click on the tag and then load for instance an entire media folder or several files individually into these tags for simply project creating management.

As far as aspect ratio, most things these days are 16:9 (widescreen).

Jeff

Thank you very much, I will try this! Bon Heur Dans La Vie
justvideo1117 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Frankfort, Kentuccky Joined: Feb 09, 2017 15:08 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
This is the only place where I found answers concering the "TAGS" (AKA Folders). Thanks.