Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Recover OEM Cyberlink software
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Hey folks, I have an issue, in another thread, about the problem I have altering disc menu backgrounds. I may have to re-install Windows but I was wondering, how do I rescue/restore my OEM Cyberlink software? I have Media Suite 10 OEM and I would like to have it back, is that possible? Is it on the recovery discs? Sure, I can buy an upgrade, but if I don't have to...I already own almost all of the software, I just want the nice interface.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 30. 2016 09:02

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hey folks, I have an issue, in another thread, about the problem I have altering disc menu backgrounds. I may have to re-install Windows but I was wondering, how do I rescue/restore my OEM Cyberlink software? I have Media Suite 10 OEM and I would like to have it back, is that possible? Is it on the recovery discs? Sure, I can buy an upgrade, but if I don't have to...I already own almost all of the software, I just want the nice interface.
Barry, If the OEM Cyberlink software is the original that was installed on the computer when you first received the computer, then the OEM Cyberlink Software should be in the recovery partition or in the recovery disks (if you got any).

The bad part is, the recovery partition (or Disks) will restore the computer to the factory condition. That means everything you have added since will be deleted (removed).

If you have made Images of the hard drive (Acronis True Image is one brand), then you can restore the computer to when you had everything working.

If you have copies of the rest of your software, you can just install that software after a Recovery from recovery disks.

( I would recommend you use Disk Imaging software on a regular basis ).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 30. 2016 09:18

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I may have to re-install Windows but I was wondering, how do I rescue/restore my OEM Cyberlink software? I have Media Suite 10 OEM and I would like to have it back, is that possible? Is it on the recovery discs?

See this link: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Accidentally-uninstalled-CyberLink-Media-suite-10-from-my/td-p/3277695 . There appear to be 3 different ways to get the software back. The last reply on the forum is more interesting than the ones from the hp support representative.

In the past when I replace hard drives found that most utilities like Acronis that Carl312 mentioned will also copy the hidden partitions. Not sure if you mean you want to do a reset on windows 10 or use the recovery partition to put back at windows 8.1.