Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where to find tutorial on producing menu on DVD
perceptive1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 03, 2010 07:06 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I have looked through tutorials listed by Daffyd B, both the Powerdirector University and PDtoots and cannot see what I'm looking for. Can anyone point me in the right direction for basic instructions. Have I missed a tutorial?

I wish to add a menu to a DVD so that user can select which of six clips they wish to watch and go instantly to watch it.

Steps so far:

EDIT

a) Six video clips into timeline.

b) Chapter room - insert chapter at start of each clip - Start

PRODUCE

c) Standard 2D

d) MPEG-2

e) Lowest setting for quality (2Mbps)

CREATE DISC

f) Create Menu structure with 6 buttons per page

??? Now what? How do I get the six chapters showing up, with a link that will take you straight to the appropriate Clip.

Thanks
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 08. 2016 04:55

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote f) Create Menu structure with 6 buttons per page

??? Now what? How do I get the six chapters showing up, with a link that will take you straight to the appropriate Clip.

Longedge has summed up what needs to done. He already answered while I was typing the respone below.

Choose the Cinematic menu or any 6 chapter menu and uncheck include root menu on the lower left of the screen. You should see the 6 chapter thumbnails on the preview screen. This allows you to start the the movie at the beginning of the chapter selected and it will then play to the end.

If you want to play each clip separately and return to the menu after playing then you need to produce each of the 6 chapters as separate clips. You also need to set the playback mode on the bottom of the page to play the selected title only.

Let us know if your issue is fixed.
perceptive1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote In Create Disc, once you've chosen and set up the menu you want, you can try it out by clicking on 'Preview'. No disc is required for this. If it's OK then click on 'Burn in 2D' and that will take you into the burning dialogue section where you set the title you want, burning speed (tip choose something around half the max speed you see) with a blank disc in your drive go ahead and burn. If you want more than 1 copy specify this before burning and then PD will only render once. The subsequent ones will be produced much more quickly.

p.s. 'Produce' is for when you want to produce a video file. 'Create Disc' is for when you are creating a DVD. You don't need to go to 'Produce' when you just want a DVD.

Thanks for this. I will try that as soon as I have a bit of time - Not for a few days though.

Special thanks for explaining that I don't have to do both produce AND create Disc, I hadn't realised.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 21. 2016 13:24

perceptive1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote f) Create Menu structure with 6 buttons per page

Longedge has summed up what needs to done. He already answered while I was typing the respone below.

Choose the Cinematic menu or any 6 chapter menu and uncheck include root menu on the lower left of the screen. You should see the 6 chapter thumbnails on the preview screen. This allows you to start the the movie at the beginning of the chapter selected and it will then play to the end.

If you want to play each clip separately and return to the menu after playing then you need to produce each of the 6 chapters as separate clips. You also need to set the playback mode on the bottom of the page to play the selected title only.

Let us know if your issue is fixed.

Thanks also to you Tomasc
perceptive1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Further to previous posts.

I tried out your suggestions and they worked perfectly.

DVD produced was played first time on player and with menu I was able to select which clip I wanted

thanks

Martin