Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3D Titles/Text animation with keyframes, or?
[Post New]
Just looking to have an extruded text rotate about an axis slightly, then back, during a title animation/clip. Ease in/out, the usual stuff.

Problem is, keyframes are for 2D (with no perspective adjustments to even fake it), and 3D has no keyframes! So if you position the 3D text, that is it... it has to stay in that position (this is where I can go no further)...

Please tell me someone knows how to do this... or that I should stop fiddling with it an dreading docs... :)

thank you!

PD Ult. 64-bit v14.0.2820.0 Continuous member since the AVID, Pinnacle days... Cyberlink erased my original profile (dohh!) so now I'm a newbie again!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi A Bogus Exception -

I thought someone should try to help you out before your post disappears off the front page.

What you've found about the lack of keyframing with 3D-like titles is correct.

If you use NewBlue Titler Pro, you should be able to achieve what you want. After you format your title, look under Effects and select Turn > Slow Turn - then turn on keyframing. Add the keyframes where you want, then set each one.

Attached is a screenshot of the NBTP Effects workspace & a produced file showing the sort of title I think you're after.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
NBTP Turn.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1193 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1187 time(s)
[Thumb - NBTP TurnPauseTurn.png]
 Filename
NBTP TurnPauseTurn.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
62 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
20 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Scott7268 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2018 01:55 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi A Bogus Exception -

I thought someone should try to help you out before your post disappears off the front page.

What you've found about the lack of keyframing with 3D-like titles is correct.

If you use NewBlue Titler Pro, you should be able to achieve what you want. After you format your title, look under Effects and select Turn > Slow Turn - then turn on keyframing. Add the keyframes where you want, then set each one.

Attached is a screenshot of the NBTP Effects workspace & a produced file showing the sort of title I think you're after.

Cheers - Tony

I'm using PD 19 and the bundled NewBlue 1.5.

Every example showing NewBlue shows a solid, static background. I want my 3D title to follow a path on my video. Your original advice was back in 2016. Has anything changed?