Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where is AutoSave for PowerDirector 11 please?
CSmith81 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2013 03:06 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Need to find the AutoSave files and I can't find them anywhere... can someone help please?
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Try looking in Local Disk > Users > yourUserName > AppData > Roaming > Cyberlink > PowerDirector > 11.0 > AutoSave. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
CSmith81 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2013 03:06 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I was just about to delete this post because I found it!! Thank you for your reply Fenman. It was in a weird spot but I have recovered by project!!
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Glad you got it sorted. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
RobertCarpenter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 10, 2019 16:00 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Try looking in Local Disk > Users > yourUserName > AppData > Roaming > Cyberlink > PowerDirector > 11.0 > AutoSave.

PowerDirector 19.0 uses the same .pds file backup location (i.e., 19.0 instead of 11.0). Thank you for this post, it was a life saver.

Why did I need it? My files were on an external drive that became disconnected through the night and PD removed the file links in my production. In the morning I hit save (hindsight - should not have), not realizing all of my external file content was removed, and it saved a new, nearly empty version, of the production.

The backup from the previous night was fully intact saving my 6 hours of work from the previous day.

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 04. 2021 11:11

GaryR28 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 09, 2016 08:46 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Tried the recommended fix, but alas... to no avail. Any other clues? I can't imagine why this isn't a simple box to check
on the Prefrences menu... hmmm.
gary R

and there was.... I found it under 'Projects'. Thanks for reading
Gary R

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 18. 2022 18:39

Clifford Bowe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 15, 2022 19:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

PowerDirector 19.0 uses the same .pds file backup location (i.e., 19.0 instead of 11.0). Thank you for this post, it was a life saver.

Why did I need it? My files were on an external drive that became disconnected through the night and PD removed the file links in my production. In the morning I hit save (hindsight - should not have), not realizing all of my external file content was removed, and it saved a new, nearly empty version, of the production.

The backup from the previous night was fully intact saving my 6 hours of work from the previous day.

Robert

This happed to me as well however I cannot locate the cyberlink folder in the Local Drive.Just lost about 5 hours of work.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This happed to me as well however I cannot locate the cyberlink folder in the Local Drive.Just lost about 5 hours of work.

It won't help if your SSD/HDD sufferes a failure, but you can easily find the folder by going to Preferences | Project | Browse (beneath the Auto save checkbox).