Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
horrible customer service
MAURO50 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2013 10:45 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
My Power Director does not work, it freezes all the time, it freezes and crashes when I try to save my 2.5 hour project.

I called this company many times and nobody answers the phone, all you can do is leave a message but nobody calls back.

After months dealing with the stupidity I finally paid the USD 30 for a paid customer support for 2 months. That was 2 weeks ago. I lost the phone number where to call and nowhere in the website it shows what number that is. - except for the number where nobody answers the phone and you must have a TS number, which I either dont have it or I dont know what it is. I have a VS number.

So now I paid 30 dollars for support that I can't even have. After I finish this project which has been taking over 1.5 year to finish because the program always freezes, I will never use this stupid company again.

Your software is good but your disregard to your customers is pathetic.

CYBERLINK SUCKS
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Well known for most customers support. People come and go in this kind of jobs and the companies want to pay the minimum.

For that reason a good forum is much more than basic help.

If you paid by credit card just ask you credit card company for a charge back and explain why. You have one month after receiving your summary.

Good luck.

Alain II
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Mauro50,

Your best customer support (free) will probably be found on this forum. Provide details of your problem and your computer and other members here will try to help. Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi MAURO50,
Please provide your customer support ticket ID (here on the forum), I can then ask CyberLink to investigate and they'd contact you directly.

CyberLink are keen and do resolve issues, they do so quietly without fanfare and often without praise from those who've previously publicly "let rip". When they've fixed your issue and helped you with your computer, make sure you come back and let us know how much they've helped you.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 20. 2016 09:20

Paul1945
Contributor Location: South Africa Joined: Apr 12, 2014 14:11 Messages: 327 Offline
[Post New]
Please MAURO50 and Alain II

I can tell you out of my Live ...

It is the Sound that makes the music !!!!!!!

LOVE Cyberlink and this Forum ...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 20. 2016 10:56

Pauls PC
X399 AORUS Extreme/AMD Ryzen2970WX/1xQuatro 4000 Driver:Geforce 419.67Skill V DDR4 64GB/3200MHz/Win10 prox64
Intel SSD 750/400 / Intel SSD 750/1.2Tb 1x4TB SSHD /1xSeagate 10TB pro
1xSamsung UA28D590 4k LUMIX GH5 1xLG HDR
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Please MAURO50 and Alain II

I can tell you out of my Live ...

It is the Sound that makes the music !!!!!!!

LOVE Cyberlink and this Forum ...

Hmmm, in my opinion it's the "composition" that makes the music... wink

Me too, I like PD14 and their different softwares BUT we have to agree that the customer support is not always at level.

Customer supports fail 50% of the time by giving inadequate info. Just recently I asked something "special" they could not answer although it was quite simple and all they could do, was to direct me to the help index with no further info but a standard reply... .

Reason why I suggested here to submit the problem to this forum.

Alain II
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all!

I have to admit that I have not used Cyberlink Customer Support, but based on some other posters' critiques, likely it's just as well. There have been, particularly in the past few months, quite a few very angry posts regarding Cyberlink Customer Support(or lack thereof) from extremely disgruntled posters, some going even to the point of violating forum rules(naturally they were deleted). Such posts should be ringing alarm bells loud and long at Cyberlink's head office.... but do they? Or is Cyberlink impervious to criticism?

If a company ignores the comments of its customer base(good or bad), likely the customers will go elsewhere and the company that ignored them eventually goes broke. The old maxim applies here: THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!

Neil.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!

I spent the last 18 years of my working life in first line IT support and in my experience that is absolutely not true in fact quite the reverse. I found the old saying about empty kettles and the amount of noise they make to be nearer the mark. The louder the noise the greater the likelihood that the person at the other end had cocked something up.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Oh Mr Longedge - I was going to say that (well - sorta)

Some facts:

1. I'm a customer

2. I've made the odd mistake laughing & cannot claim to be "always right"

3. Though I've had limited need for tech/customer support since I started using PD7, of the dozen or so support tickets, more than 80% have been successfully resolved, some after escalation

4. This forum is an excellent resource for solving issues & learning how to use PDR more effectively/efficiently. There are some extremely knowledgeable and creative users, from whom I've learned much! On the other hand, you can occasionally find spurious advice from people who've never actually tried what they're posting about! Hard to believe, but it's true.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 21. 2016 07:49

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Tony,

I find your last point difficult to believe.

Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello, all!

When I made the quote"THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT", I was simply remembering the age-old maxim relating to in-store customer-relations, much of which appears to have "gone out the window" in recent times. In Cyberlink's case this apparently is so. Okay, so the customer may not always be right, but the customer nonetheless has a right to expect a decent level of technical assistance from those whose job it is, is to create the software for Cyberlink. After all, the customer is forking out some big bucks to buy this stuff.

Typical Power Director users might first turn to Cyberlink themselves for assistance in understanding or straightening out problems with their chosen software, if they don't get it, or what assistance they do get, proves unsatisfactory, of course they're going to be "a bit peeved"(putting it mildly), it's then that they may turn to this forum for the help they did not get from Cyberlink themselves.

Cheers!

Neil.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Dan -

Sorry about that. I shouldn't go just shooting my mouth off like that, making unsubstantiated assertions without providing some kind of evidence. If I just repeat it more firmly, would you believe it then?

Neil -

Of course CyberLink customers should be able to expect a decent level of customer & technical support.

My point is that - on the whole - that's how I've found it to be. Yes - true - I've had a couple of "canned" answers that don't help at all, but on the whole what has been suggested above is not my experience.

Hopefully, if you ever need to refer an issue to CL support services you'll get the help you need. laughing

Cheers - Tony
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Dan -

Sorry about that. I shouldn't go just shooting my mouth off like that, making unsubstantiated assertions without providing some kind of evidence. If I just repeat it more firmly, would you believe it then?

Neil -

Of course CyberLink customers should be able to expect a decent level of customer & technical support.

My point is that - on the whole - that's how I've found it to be. Yes - true - I've had a couple of "canned" answers that don't help at all, but on the whole what has been suggested above is not my experience.

Hopefully, if you ever need to refer an issue to CL support services you'll get the help you need. laughing

Cheers - Tony

Hi, Tony!

Of those who have used Cyberlink's customer service, I think each user's experience would differ. Some subtly, others markedly! And the variance could lie anywhere between "thoroughly satisfied" and "completely hacked-off!" I'm not talking of my own experience, I'm just going on what I've read here and made my own observations. As for any help I need on an issue to do with Power Director, my first choice is to log into this forum. Based on what I've read thus far, if Cyberlink themselves were running this forum.... There'd be a far greater number of disgruntled users unable to get clear answers for their issues with Cyberlink products.

As clever as these boffins at Cyberlink are at creating this software, I feel their customer relations skills might lie between sadly lacking and completely non-existant!

Cheers!

Neil.
ynotfish
[Post New]
Sorry mate -

You're basing your "observations" & conclusions on limited information.

1. You've never had a need to deal with customer/tech support staff

2. You're basing your observations only on others' experiences.

► How many disgruntled customers are likely to post in this forum to vent their dissatisfaction? Plenty!

► How many completely satisfied customers are likely to post in this forum praising the support they've received? Very few!

See? Your sample is completely skewed towards the negative, making your "observations" invalid.

I am not defending CL or their customer service. Just taking issue with forum posts that "don't stack up". Don't suppose I'll ever convince you how silly it looks.

Tony
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Sorry mate -

You're basing your "observations" & conclusions on limited information.

1. You've never had a need to deal with customer/tech support staff

2. You're basing your observations only on others' experiences.

► How many disgruntled customers are likely to post in this forum to vent their dissatisfaction? Plenty!

► How many completely satisfied customers are likely to post in this forum praising the support they've received? Very few!

See? Your sample is completely skewed towards the negative, making your "observations" invalid.

I am not defending CL or their customer service. Just taking issue with forum posts that "don't stack up". Don't suppose I'll ever convince you how silly it looks.

Tony

Tony,

let's just agree to disagree on this point and leave it there, okay? I still want to thank you(as I have in PM) for the help you've given on another issue. I've achieved a lot through those PMs.

Cheers!

Neil.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I usually don't post in threads regarding customer service but here are a few things to do (link). Read also the comments from customer service people at the end of the article. This is primariily about technical service via phone call.

http://lifehacker.com/5805406/a-step-by-step-guide-to-getting-better-customer-service

Empathasis: Details and images go a long way. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
MAURO50 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2013 10:45 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for all the replies, guys. I guess I will use the forum more often to fix this problem.

For now, does anyone know the phone number to call from North America for the --paid-- customer support please?

Thanks!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Please provide the support ticket ID I asked for.

Why not post your issue here on the forum?

To get started it would be best to read the guides at the start of the forum. See parts, A, B, E & F, and give us a screen shot of your project institu, pdr info, a diagnostic. Please continue to read the guides to see how to present an issue to members.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 23. 2016 09:38

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd,

This poster had some issues way back in Oct 2013 but never followed up with the requests made of him. I hope this is not the same situation as that and that he will provide the needed information. (I don;t have my hopes up).

MAUROSO,

How did you lose the e-mail you received? Did you look in your deleted items and/or your on-line mail provider? I'm sure that you looked at and rerad the information here:

Support Tickets (link)
[Thumb - support.png]
 Filename
support.png
[Disk]
 Description
Support Tickets
 Filesize
24 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
400 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 23. 2016 10:04

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi MAURO50,
I'm wondering if stevek is right about the lack of response to information requests, one might even consider the "shouted" comment at the start of the thread is thoroughly inaccurate. Should we be reversing the comment in your direction MAURO50, would that be more applicable?

Dafydd