Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
horrible customer service
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi MAURO50,
I'm wondering if stevek is right about the lack of response to information requests, one might even consider the "shouted" comment at the start of the thread is thoroughly inaccurate. Should we be reversing the comment in your direction MAURO50, would that be more applicable?

Dafydd
MAURO50 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2013 10:45 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Dafydd B and Stevek,

I truly thank you for your help.
No, this is all accurate. Sorry it took me long to write back, I have been trying to get customer support for the last 6 days and it is going nowhere. Yes, they did try to help but no, they do not actually --read-- what I am saying.
I keep telling them that 2 of the steps they want me to do is simply not working, and instead of having a real answer back, they keep copying and pasting the same answer.

For example - I am told to open this link " ftp://cyberlinkcs:86M1IMJR@ftp.gocyberlink.com/vcneelam/" does not work. Nothing opens with that.

Then they tell me to search for the DUMP file. I go to start, task manager, but there simply isn't any PDR file.

Everything else they asked me I gave them. and all I get are the same copied and pasted same answers asking for the same thing again and again. nobody is actually reading when I say "that does not open!" "that does not work!"

I know I am no Eistein when it comes to computers, I admit that, but that is what customer service has to cope with. Not everybody is computer savvy.
I am going in circles, going nowhere.

What is my issue? My issue is that the programme (PD14) freezes when I try to save it. It will show saving up to 100% and then it freezes. When it gets to 100 it freezes forever. That;s the problem right now. Before it would crash all the time. After an update download that problem seems to be fixed, but now the problem is --saving-- the project.

Thanks for your help!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 25. 2016 23:20

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi MAURO50,
Thank you for the reply but.....
1. You still haven't given us any worthwhile info/data, diagnostic, screenshot, mediainfo.
2. The support ticket ID, I've requested. You know, CyberLink head office would like the ticket ID, so they can assist you!
3. You appear unable to follow instructions, just an observation because you haven't followed our requests and by the look of things in what you've written you haven't followed what the support staff have directed you.
3-1. The ftp address can be accessed via a free software called FileZilla but you will need the name and password to access the account and these would have been given to you via email. They are time restricted so if you don't act speedily you'll need to ask for the name and password again.
3-2, the dump file, I'm guessing you were given a local address on your computer to follow and find the dump file, do that and if you can't locate it initially then you must make sure your folders display all hidden files and folders - change the settings in View, see attached image. Take a screenshot for support to show them what you're looking at.
Rather than moan about support which looks increasingly wrong, kindly start giving us the information members need to assist.
Dafydd

[Thumb - SD-2013-02-2032.png]
 Filename
SD-2013-02-2032.png
[Disk]
 Description
view - hidden files/folders/extensions
 Filesize
25 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
292 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 26. 2016 04:27

CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
Another little 'side' issue Mauro50, is that you NEED to LISTEN tho these guys in here ... Dafydd and stevvek (whoops.. and the other guys too).

THEY can really help you if you just try your best to provide the information THEY are asking for.

Please keep in mind many issues are complicated and this may be a quick fix OR it might take some time, maybe even a long time to resolve your original issue. However, I am confident that these folks in here can address your issue.

CS

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 26. 2016 08:48

PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
GS kid
Newbie Location: Santa Barbara county, California Joined: Oct 24, 2015 22:25 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Technical support took almost a week to respond to me and didn't give me the correct solution (solved by a fellow forum member).

Their customer service on the other hand, for a partial refund (I had not received my upgrade discount at checkout and overpaid for it) was pretty good. Got a guy on the phone and had my Paypal account refunded in a matter of days.

This forum should be your first stop for help.... then.... go to technical support if we fail to give you a solution that works. Always give the forum a few days for users to answer you before hitting up Cyberlink support.cool Sony FDR-AX100 4K UHD camcorder
Sony ECM-XYST1M Stereo Microphone
Sony VCT-VPR1 Compact Remote Control Tripod
Vello VB-1000 ActionPan Stabilizing Action Grip
PowerDirector 14
Intel i7-4510u w/8GB RAM Nvidia GTX 850M w/4GB

MAURO50 [Avatar]
[Post New]
GS Kid, thanks for your post. Me too, waiting for days for customer service to get back to me. You're right, seems like any help will come from fellow members of this forum instead. Still, pretty poor "service" if you ask me...

Customer service agents - whenever I managed to undestand what they were saying - were pretty much just reading instructions from their screen. It did not seem to me that anything off the script could be any use. As I said before, I am not good with computers.

Anyways, Dafydd B and Stevek, thanks again for your effort to help me - much appreciated.

Here is what I got:

1- My tkt ID is CS001616506 and 255.

2- I have a screen shot of when the programme freezes but I do not know how to attach it here.

3-I finally figured out (with Dafydd help) how to get the DUMP file, which I now have, but haven't been able to send it over to them.

I phoned customer service and asked them to tell me how to send the dump file over but the 2 agents did not know how to. They said they would contact somebody else and phone back but so far nothing.

My product is PD14 on Windows10.

Any ideas, guys? Once again, I do appreciate your help!

the dumb guy
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
When you are ready to reply, use the full reply and you wil; see an attachment tab near the bottom of the window you are using. Attach the link to your files there.

Also did you ever run a Windows dxdiag.exe and attach it? In Windows 10, go to Cortana (bottom of the page) and type in dxdiag. one of the options that comes up is the dxdiag program. On the first page, click on save results (save it to your desktop). Attach it here.

I tthink that it is time to start a new thread, please. Just make a short title amd explanation with all the attchments, Thanks.
[Thumb - cortana.png]
 Filename
cortana.png
[Disk]
 Description
dxdiag
 Filesize
52 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
401 time(s)
[Thumb - attach.png]
 Filename
attach.png
[Disk]
 Description
Att5ach
 Filesize
54 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
415 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at May 29. 2016 07:48

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for the info MAURO50, unfortunately you still haven't grasped or provided what we've asked for and yet you want us to give input/ideas!!

Looks to me the issue here is the operator and not the software. In 95% of issues and situations such as this, it is the user of the computer who's at fault.

Dafydd
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Still trying to help.

I think he knows that !

Now we have to get him to read and respond to questions based on the information we provided.

Perhaps another language would help? How about a personal visit (wink)

?It is frustrating that there are so many sources for self help - including director's zone tutorials and the UDEMY courses.

Now I know the frustration that Tech Support experienced. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
MAURO50 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey guys, I did try a few times to send you the dump file, the dxdiag and a screenshot yesterday but it didn't work. Still having problems getting to send the dump file. Here's the DXdiag and screenshot.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
64 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
208 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot (1).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (1).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1101 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
42 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 30. 2016 11:10

stevek
[Post New]
The boardfs are acting up again. I tried to post a long list of suggestions but it got lost.

Your computer is underpowered, crapped up and otherwize not up to doing the complex video program that you want to do.

I'm going to sewe if this posts and if it does, I'll edit to add more.

1) An i3 computer just doesn't have enough power to do what you want to do.

2) You have too many programs running in the background. Edit W 10 Start programs menu so that only exactly what you need to have opne is open

3) You have soem errors relating to

4) Your video driver is out of date; you need to update it via Dell or directly from Intel.

5) Do Maintenance 10 Use the free REVO Uninstaller in the MODERATE Mode ONLY to uninstall programs you no longer use or that were trial programs. Use CCleaner (also free) to get rid of junk and temporary files. Do not use the registry cleaner in that program. Defrag your hard drive via Windows 10 or a hard disk defragmenter. It looks like you don't have a Solid State Drive (SSD) so perform this defrag.

6) There were more suggestions but I forgot what they were.

7) Do the maintenance and the update and then do a relatively simple project to see if it will not hang.

If it doesn't hang ,reload this complex project and try again. Remember not to be doing anyhting else. In fact, disconnect from the internet, pause your anti-virus protection when you try it.

I'm not sure if very many people who use this program a lot would attempt to do your complex program with an i3 computer.

Perhaps there is a gifting ocassion coming up and you can start dropping hints.

If I remember the other errors I'll edit this again.

Oh by the way you have an issue with Windows install and others. You have issues with "MpTelemetry", "Orchestrator" and Windows Explorer "ntdll.dll". You'll need to get help from Microsoft for these errors.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 30. 2016 12:44

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
This pc is 5 to 6 years old and is underpowered for HD video editing. An I5 or I7 processor is recommended for that. See this link for comparison: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i3-540+%40+3.07GHz&id=738 .

You are working on a project started on PD10. There may be compatibility issues as some effects may or not be packaged with each edition. You have to wait until shadows files are generated in which you have done so here before starting to edit.

I see that Stevek has answered here while I was still typing.
legendofzub [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 07, 2015 20:12 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Number 6 and of stevek's response were my favorite. I think it's probably mostly a problem with the background processes and other programs running, as has been stated. While the system itself seems like it would be straining pretty hard running such a complex program, the original poster is only having problems while saving. Since you're waiting two and a half hours to save, there are a lot of things that are building up in your RAM. I'm not sure how PD handles saving a project, but from what I've seen in my experience, it causes a burst in RAM usage. If it runs out of RAM to use, it will crash.

There IS a way to allocate hard drive space for a sort of pseudo-RAM, but I'm not familiar enough with it to explain it over a forum, and I would definitely not suggest a novice to attempt it without clear and simple instructions. It's significantly slower, especially if you're using HDDs, which it appears you are, but it will prevent crashing. If anyone else knows what I'm talking about and would be comfortable walking MAURO through it, that could be a quick fix.

Biggest tip I can give, though, is relevant to every program in existence:
Save early, save often.

It may just be a result of being part of the younger generation, but I don't get why people would go to customer support over an active forum when it's available for software and technical problems. Sure, they're "trained professionals," but too often their "training" consists of being friendly and pointing the customer to the FAQ. A lot of companies even monitor their forums and will respond in said forums.
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
"Sure, they're "trained professionals," but too often their "training" consists of being friendly and pointing the customer to the FAQ. A lot of companies even monitor their forums and will respond in said forums".

As I wrote earlier and that's not only for Cyberlink or video editing soft. All call centers have that problem. Reason why more and more companies bring back their call centers to their own countries instead of outsourcing to 3rd world countries... . All fine to pay a minimum but that works reverse and many companies seem to need time to realize that... . See telecom companies... .

Alain II

legendofzub [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yeah, I was referring to all companies, not just Cyberlink. I haven't had any problems with them.
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Alain II,

I think CL has HQ in Taiwan, so I'm not sure bringing their call centers "home" would help customers in US or Europe or Australia. It's a global economy... Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
I've said all I'm going to say on this matter! I have nothing more to add!
MAURO50 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Stevek, legendofzub and tomasc

thanks very much for your input, greatly appreciated.

it seems that the easiest way out of this deal is a new computer, would you agree? or should I take it to a computer store and ask them to upgrade it? in that case, what specifications would you recommend or which new computer? As you are already aware, I know squat about computers......ha ha.

Stevek thanks for the time you took to help me out
stevek
[Post New]
Mauroso

My pleasure to help.

Personal opinion only buy a new computer. There have been major changes is the last couple of year.s In the past, the inside of the computer was a jumble of wires; now if you look in them, they are practically empty. Much of the improvements are related to speed. It will probably cost more to try to upgrade then to buy new.

Get a gaming computer - depending on the $$ available. Consider a refurbished one if you want to save some $$.
Stay with name brands. Donate the old one after you clean it and take a tax write off.

I'm not going to do any recommendations other than that but I'm sure others will do some recommendations.

BTW, since my current computer is about my 6th one (or more), I bought one from a designer computer builder with minor changes. It wasn't cheap for what I do with it. I have not had any issues with the Cyberlink suite of programs.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 01. 2016 10:18

legendofzub [Avatar]
[Post New]
I agree that getting a new computer entirely would be the best course of action.

While I agree that getting a custom gaming rig or workstation is usually the easiest and often most reliable option, a chunk of that price is often put towards purely aesthetic uses, such as fancy lighting, and color coordination along with a snazzy case. They may also only offer components with features that you'll never use, such as fan control and in-depth temperature monitoring.

My suggestion is to find someone you know who's tech savvy. Ask for help picking out the parts given your workload, and they might even be willing to put it together for you for free. It's not difficult, so it wouldn't surprise me. The hardest part is figuring out what components you'll want to use.

If PowerDirector is the only taxing program you'll be running, the system requirements for it would be the only important ones. I would personally probably take a couple steps up from the recommended specs, though.

Back when I was putting together my old desktop, AMD/ATI cards were the best choice (for your wallet, at least) for low-mid range cards. Is that still the case, or would an older series NVIDIA card be preferable? With regards to NVIDIA, if you can wait a bit to buy a card, I would. Pascal just came out this past Friday and I have pretty strong feeling that older series cards will take a heavy price hit.

Does anyone know how Skylake CPUs are with PowerDirector? Can you do hardware acceleration with their surprisingly powerful integrated graphics? If so, that would DEFINITELY be the way to go if you're trying to keep the price down. If you did that, you wouldn't need a graphics card.
stevek
[Post New]
Perhaps I was misunderstood. I was not suggesting a custom gaming rig. I was suggesting an off the shelf gaming computer. All manufacturers have them and classify them that way. There are a few that have a video editing classification.

If you have a friend that builds computer, then that may be a solution.

Often there are economies of volume buying. Manufacturers can put together a good rig cheaper than you can. There would be no concern about compatibility of components. Shopping around will help as will a warranty..

See my signature for 2 of the computer I have. .