Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 14 ECHO on all audio (??????)
StevenB2002 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 15, 2016 15:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
All audio files have 'echo' in PD14. Even the audio from imported video clips is echoing. I installed the new patch today and now have the echoing issue...no echo before installing patch.

It also has the echo once the project is rendered.

I can not find any setting to disable echo. I have a project due and currrent echo issue makes video nearly unbearable to listen too.

Anyone else having this issue or know how to correct?
jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]
Have you check sound card settings? Usually there are options for sound effects. CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

My Video Editing Computer
| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
| Anadrac_Organ_Works | My_Youtube_Channel
itbestuk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 18, 2017 13:01 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Have you check sound card settings? Usually there are options for sound effects.

Hi all, this is an old thread however I have the same issue, I record a movie with perfect sound, then once it's imported into PowerDirector it has a church like echo!?

Any ideas?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Have you check sound card settings? Usually there are options for sound effects.

Hi all, this is an old thread however I have the same issue, I record a movie with perfect sound, then once it's imported into PowerDirector it has a church like echo!?

Any ideas?

Did you make changes ito the sound card/sound chip settings ?

Do you have a web cam or a laptop with a built in microphene?

Please post your dxdiag.exe text file so we can see what you are working with.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 19. 2017 11:08

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Further to what Steve says, are you sure this is the same issue? The OP concerns an imported video clip whereas you mention recording. Are you using screen recorder? If so, then the echo could be caused by the audio settings in screen recorder, having two separate sources selected for instance.
itbestuk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Further to what Steve says, are you sure this is the same issue? The OP concerns an imported video clip whereas you mention recording. Are you using screen recorder? If so, then the echo could be caused by the audio settings in screen recorder, having two separate sources selected for instance.

Hi Chaps, thanks for your responses, here is some more information...

Did you make changes ito the sound card/sound chip settings ? [IB] - No I have made no chnages, the driver all look to be working fine

Do you have a web cam or a laptop with a built in microphene? [IB] - Yes it has both, they work fine and record without the echo, the echo only become apparent once the video is imported imported into PowerDirector.

Please post your dxdiag.exe text file so we can see what you are working with. [IB] - attached...

Further to what Steve says, are you sure this is the same issue? The OP concerns an imported video clip whereas you mention recording. Are you using screen recorder? If so, then the echo could be caused by the audio settings in screen recorder, having two separate sources selected for instance.

[IB] - I get the echo if I import a video from any external source, the echo was not present until imported into PowerDirector

If I make a video using the cam feature in PowerDirector the Echo is also present

Sample Echo Video attached
 Filename
DxDiagIB.txt
[Disk]
 Description
dxdiag TXT
 Filesize
94 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
339 time(s)
 Filename
echo Issue.mpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
24342 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
245 time(s)
jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]

Any ideas?

1. Open the Control Panel

2. Click on Sound

3. Select the offending device i.e. "Speakers"

4. Click Properties

5. On the Properties window... click the Enhancement tab

6. In the scrolling box, uncheck Environment OR select Environment and change the setting to None.

These steps are based on the Win 7 OS, Others may be different. CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
itbestuk [Avatar]
[Post New]

Any ideas?

1. Open the Control Panel

2. Click on Sound

3. Select the offending device i.e. "Speakers"

4. Click Properties

5. On the Properties window... click the Enhancement tab

6. In the scrolling box, uncheck Environment OR select Environment and change the setting to None.

These steps are based on the Win 7 OS, Others may be different.

Hi, I have followed the directions but the 'Enhancement' Tab doesnt show...See attachments....
[Thumb - Prop.JPG]
 Filename
Prop.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Properties
 Filesize
77 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
40 time(s)
[Thumb - Sound.JPG]
 Filename
Sound.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Sound Speaker Selected
 Filesize
47 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
33 time(s)
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
What are the settings in your recording devices tab? Your screen grabs show the tab for playback devices.
jcardana
[Post New]
Quote Hi, I have followed the directions but the 'Enhancement' Tab doesnt show...See attachments....

The window "Realtek High Definition Audio Properties" is the wrong window.

The one under it, "Speaker Properties" with the General, Levels and Advanced tabs is the one you're wanting. But like you said, there's no Enhancements tab. What operating system are you using. Kinda looks like 10 to me???
[Thumb - SpeakerProperties.png]
 Filename
SpeakerProperties.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
305 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
37 time(s)
CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

| My DirectX Diagnostics

Sutter Hill SDA Church
jcardana
[Post New]
[IB] - I get the echo if I import a video from any external source, the echo was not present until imported into PowerDirector

If I make a video using the cam feature in PowerDirector the Echo is also present

Sample Echo Video attached

I'm thinking it's a PD thing and not an OS thing. I've never had an echo problems with PD. Not sure I can help any futher. CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

| My DirectX Diagnostics

Sutter Hill SDA Church
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
On a win 10 laptop I checked the Realtek Sound/Speakers/Properties/Speaker Properties/ the Enhancements tab is missing but that tab is available on my win 7 desktop pc.

I produced itbestuk’s echo Issue.mpg at the same 720 x 576/50i 8Mbps DD 256 Kbps audio without using svrt for a full cpu encode produced as EchoIssueTest.mpg. Placed it on the timeline. Started the Screen recorder. Media Library played the original and then the produced. Timeline played the original and the produced. All 4 clips sound the same to me without any added echo. See the attached screen capture.

Unless another PD user can duplicate an echo issue then contacting Cyberlink Services may be desired.
 Filename
Echo Tests.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
Screen recorder capture of original and produced video clip.
 Filesize
7748 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
298 time(s)
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just to satisfy my curiosity, does it make any difference whether you have your Elgato device connected or not and when did you first have the problem?
itbestuk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Just to satisfy my curiosity, does it make any difference whether you have your Elgato device connected or not and when did you first have the problem?

[IB] - I have now diconnected the Elgato device and uninstalled the driver, however the echo is still there when recording or playing clips using PowerDirector.

[jcardana] - The one under it, "Speaker Properties" with the General, Levels and Advanced tabs is the one you're wanting. But like you said, there's no Enhancements tab. What operating system are you using. Kinda looks like 10 to me???

[IB] - Yeah even under 'speaker properties' there is no enhancement tab, I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers however it made no difference + My OS is Win 10

How would I have this issue raised with Cyberlink services, do I need to raise a ticket with them?

Thanks Iain
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
The only times that I have had problems with my sound system (and that included a really bad echo in PDR on one occasion) have been after Windows 10 updates. A couple of times the updates completely disabled my SoundblasterZX and set my monitor as the default playback device - it doesn't have any speakers!! I asked when the problem first occurred in case an update on your Win10 system had caused a problem.