Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director blu ray problem with ,,hardware video encoder'' Nvidia video card
blasiusxx [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 12, 2011 09:44 Messages: 330 Offline
[Post New]
Better contact Cyberlink Support. If more users describe this Issue, than better. This Issue can't be solved by us.
Gigi Gigescu [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 04, 2016 12:32 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
i know but you have better POWER DELIVERING THE MESSAGE TO THEM ! I will send but i think will be ineficient. There are out there a lot of users confrunting this problem guys.
I want to help in any way...
[Post New]
I also encountered bluray playback issues when 'hardware acceleration' is enabled (gtx 970). I fixed the issue by simply unchecking on it and blurays play fine. Compiling takes about 2 hours for a 3 hour video (1080 60i) on my rig. I hope that helps. 4790K / Asus Z97i-Plus / 16gb (2-8gb)crucial @1866 Mhz / Samsung ssd 840 pro 250gb / Samsung 850 evo 250gb M.2 / 2-4tb HGST 7200rpm raid 1 / Nvidia GTX 1070 founders) / corsair RM650 PS / LG BD-RE
Gigi Gigescu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Aldoxide. I know about this solution i have tryied onlywith cpu unit unchecking hardware encoder but you will lose a lot of time. So then what's the point of hardware acceleration if we can not use it. We got to do something about this.
Gigi Gigescu [Avatar]
[Post New]
I don t know how can you make a editing software in our days withowt testing this important feature. Pd 13 works fine, and it s a shame to blame nvidia drivers for this. Every editing software have problems but it resolves by making update patches.
If i can help in any way please let me know.
[Post New]
I had an R9 290x card before and this wasn't an issue... I'm just hapy it works tbh. I get to turn in work on time without any issues. I've used hardware accelaration and it wasn't that much quicker for my videos anyway. 4790K / Asus Z97i-Plus / 16gb (2-8gb)crucial @1866 Mhz / Samsung ssd 840 pro 250gb / Samsung 850 evo 250gb M.2 / 2-4tb HGST 7200rpm raid 1 / Nvidia GTX 1070 founders) / corsair RM650 PS / LG BD-RE
Gigi Gigescu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Aldoxide; to make a test with or withowt GPU it's not enought to uncheck the box ,,hardware video encoder'' you have to uncheck in settings ,,hardware video encoder'' also! and then you will see the difrence; this is the common mistake that a lot of people do.
2 hours of rendering for 3 hours of video it's not bad; you have to take in consideration the effects applied for the blu ray or multitrack video like editing in 2 camera that will incresse your time;at 2,30 time bluray i wait to our BEAST in the office 59 min redering using GPU.

Only CPU: 1.10 and withowt anyvideo card: 1.21

So 22 min is some difrence... right?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04. 2016 07:56

[Post New]
@Aldoxide: GPU-Z also can show to what extent the GPU is used during encoding (if any). Bluray chapters require Java, so that might be another issue...

And BTW, 970 doesn't have the latest hardware encoder, purelly for video editing the 960/950 are better because they have the latest nvenc.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 04. 2016 09:48

Gigi Gigescu [Avatar]
[Post New]
SoNic67 i'm using GPU Z ROG; it seems PD 14 uses a lot of Video Engine Load instead of GPU LOAD; at 690 it used 90 % and at gpu load only 10-15% maximum. I didn't measure at 980ti OC yet.

I'm sure that the problem is at java. And please let's not forget about editing .mov DSLR Full Frame files because this is the future and the future is here now. It's not a big discovery that i mead but i hope we can do toghether something with this problems.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04. 2016 09:50

[Post New]
Video Engine is the hardware encoder (NVENC), separated piece from the actual cores.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_NVENC
[Post New]
Sonic,

the hevc decoding helps with 4k and the h265 profile... relatively a new way to handle 4k video. I use the h.264 for my blurays and I don't think I'll be working with Ultra hd video for a long time... so for me... I benefit more from the other gains the 970 has to offer.

Gigi,

if you follow what goes on with powerdirector you know that having a relatively working system is what gives people the most heachaches... it would be ideal to have all things work as intended... but people here grow gray hairs and spend hours trying to make the software work for them (just for basic editing, production, burning and playback) ... 20mins doesn't seem like a big deal. I hope that you find a solution to your issue... in the meantime enjoy the fact that your system 'works' 4790K / Asus Z97i-Plus / 16gb (2-8gb)crucial @1866 Mhz / Samsung ssd 840 pro 250gb / Samsung 850 evo 250gb M.2 / 2-4tb HGST 7200rpm raid 1 / Nvidia GTX 1070 founders) / corsair RM650 PS / LG BD-RE
[Post New]
It adds 4K hardware profile for H264 at 60Hz too, not only H265.
Gigi Gigescu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Aldoxide 22 min means 28% in my exemple. 28% it's not good? i smell that you are a new guy to this domain. Put rendering a 5 hours conference, concert for example you will gain 44 min with GPU right? it's still 28% percentage. So it doesn't sound good? see...
Let me explain to you a few things: maybe to me it's not a very high necessity ,,hardware encoder' because we in our company we have powerful production PC (5000 euro value) but this is not about showing off here on this forum, my point in this is to help other people:
others have a week CPU like i5 but they have a great video card like 780 Ti or 690; so do you realize that you can reander with CPU and GPU at half of the time that you render with CPU so it's 100% more advantage. When i upgraded from 570 gtx to 690 it was a BIG BIG difrence at rendering and preview. (of course i had i7 but not the ultimate one but the GPU save'd me). i Talk from my experience in time from many many sleepless nights of spending to fix problems with PDbut with other softwares as well like Vegas, Adobe AE...
So let's think to others not to our selfs and let's forward messages to cyberlink.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 05. 2016 09:56