Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director blu ray problem with ,,hardware video encoder'' Nvidia video card
Gigi Gigescu [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 04, 2016 12:32 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Hi; How many of you have problem when creating blu ray disks 2d with PD 14 and you use ,,hardware video encoder'' and the project is compleated and you try to play the bluray you just created on power dvd 14 or 15 or a normal Tv blu ray player you can't forward or use a chaper you prefer. It just work the PLAY option and not selecting one of many chapters; no matter what chapter you chose, it will play from the beggining.

353.62 nvidia driver card, GTX 690 card, Power Director 14 ultimate from 2019 to 2513. (This was tested one 2 difrent PC's and the same result was with a few versions of nvidia dirvers 347.52, 353.62, 361.75). The DVD Video works ok. If you make withwot ,,hardware video encoder'' only with CPU, it works the bluray playing right on Power DVD.

Someone fixed this problem because the update didn't fix it?
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Have you removed GeForce Experience? It has been causing problems for PD14 users. Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
Gigi Gigescu [Avatar]
[Post New]
hi; it's not working; i removd Geforce experience and it does the same thing; it's very strange: the GPU helps A LOT! The time is with 40 % more rapidly with the GPU support; In PD 13 this problem doesen't exist !!!

I can't imagine how it is working if i uncheck hardware video encoder: this seem to me a problem from power director 14 that will be corected with a patch if in PD 13 this problem is absent.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone!

For a start I don't have Nvidia GeForce on my computer(wipes away sweat from brow, heaves sigh of relief), From everything I've read thus far it speaks to me of Nvidia having "laid an egg" with GeForce, and that egg has ended up on their(collective) face! That such a piece of hardware(and software) could cause so much grief, should deliver a very strong message to Nvidia: YOU GOOFED! BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD!

Cheers!

Neil
Gigi Gigescu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Neil.F.1955 if the Power Director 13 works with nvidia (GTX 690 in my case ) and PD 14 don't what does this tell you? That nvidia is for blaiming?
Power DIrector is weeel known with fuul of bugs and crashes.
I'm not a Newbie on this forum i have helped people on this forum and usiing since PD 7. For exemple i discovers that PD 14 will freeze working on blu ray creation disk at 0% and unistaling New Blue Titler (if you instaled any newblue programs) will do the job and unblock the program. I have made a post with this.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 06. 2016 03:15

Gigi Gigescu [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have not got the curage to blame nvidia corporation for PD problems. It would make a big difrence if the operators on this forum implicate enought !!!!! Instead of blaiming nvidia.
Again: If in PD 13 there are no problems with nvidia drivers and in PD 14 are. Who's fault is this? Nvidia? come on ...
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Neil.F.1955 if the Power Director 13 works with nvidia (GTX 690 in my case ) and PD 14 don't what does this tell you? That nvidia is for blaiming?
Power DIrector is weeel known with fuul of bugs and crashes.
I'm not a Newbie on this forum i have helped people on this forum and usiing since PD 7. For exemple i discovers that PD 14 will freeze working on blu ray creation disk at 0% and unistaling New Blue Titler (if you instaled any newblue programs) will do the job and unblock the program. I have made a post with this.

Hello, Signora Gigescu.(I assume you're a lady, Gigi being a feminine name)

First of all I'm simply going on what has been said by so many others who have posted on this forum to date. Thus far the weight of opinion is heavily against GeForce, and Nvidia, being the creator thereof, is getting a considerable amount of criticism because of the problems people have been experiencing with GeForce. You say that GeForce isn't giving trouble with Power Director 13? Well and good! But there are a great many out there who are experiencing difficulties with PD14.

Secondly, it's not really a matter of "blaming" Nvidia, it's just that the many who are experiencing the difficulties thus far reported, either express the desire for Nvidia to "sort out" the problems with GF, or they take the action of disabling it.

Cheers!

Neil.
Gigi Gigescu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Neil.F.1955; hi; Gigi in Australia maybe is a girl name, in my country is a man name. (no trouble for this)

My problem is that i don't see that operators implicate enough on this forum. Everywere i look there is not a single working or problem resolving post telling to users what to do in CRASH or FREEZE problems. I guided in a post now and i have posts on other nickname helping users...
So it can be a good thing for PD users for helping them but commodity is better than helping right? What's the point of being a Senior Contributor if we don't resolve the problems. All right forwarding problems to cyberlink it's ok but can be better helping people. i my self i'm not a very important person on this forum but i help how i can.

So in the conclusion do you not see is a problem to PD 14 if in PD 13 nvidia graphics driver is working on blu ray creation?

An i agree partial with you that nvidia realese drivers that sometimes conflict with PD but this problem is at the latest drivers; the old drivers testet by Cyberlink must work corectly because these PD updates! so....

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 06. 2016 12:21

Gigi Gigescu [Avatar]
[Post New]
If i can mention another big problem is that full hd .MOV files (specialy from dslr) are very dificult to edit. it's works very very hard at spliting and playing. DSLR full frame are the future so why is no one take atitude!? what is so damn hard to think is that this is FREE FEEDBACK si so all Cyberlink have to do is to take this information and test it because i never get it wrong. I had a point befor reporting problems and i will have in the future because i test and work with this software and 4 more professional editing software and i know my things. thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 06. 2016 12:27

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello Gigi!

Firstly, apologies re: your name. Secondly, I can only state again that I was going by what other people have said through this forum, re:Nvidia and GeForce. You are right, though. There are some considerable problems of conflict between Nvidia and PD14 that were not present with PD13. Clearly these problems were unforseen by either or both Cyberlink and Nvidia. The tips on offer through this forum, and this particular thread, while providing a solution for some, may not do so for others, a "hit & miss" situation.

Cheers!

Neil.
Gigi Gigescu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi; thanks for the message; Beside nvidia, it apears that Power Director has problems with his own NewBlue effects integrated on instalation it conflicts with the new NEWblue effects; so it's has conflicts with a lot of programs; i wonder how it gets every year awards

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 07. 2016 06:10

[Post New]
Well, on my computer bot PD13 and PD 14 work just fine. What THAT tells you?

Is not a "fault" but maybe a bug that is manifesting in your specific setup. Sometimes other installed software might interact with the one you have. Also, you have an unusual dual GPU card, those cards are known to have issues with various software, even some games. You didn't even bother to read the sticky post ""Welcome to the PowerDirector Forums - guide information to assist members. PDR14"; besides the fact that we are doing this for free (this is a user's forum), we also are not able to guess everthing.

As for New Blue, that is not "owned" by CL, it is a third-party add-on, they might have less control on what is going on there.

Also, if you ask for help, sometimes is better to be less aggressive in the tone, I personally tend to stay away from that kind of posts. Prinzi mai multe muste cu miere decat cu otet.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Feb 07. 2016 08:38

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Gigi Gigescu – It is interesting that you posted this problem now and not before after installing the beta patches but not the latest 2520. This problem has been reported earlier in this thread by blasiuxx 5 threads up from the bottom 4 months ago in this link: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/46097.page#240183 . The problem you post here does not exist on my pc probably because of a different video card being used.

There are two things you need to do to get this problem resolved and maybe fixed for you.

1. Install the latest beta patch 2520 and then if it don’t work then post this issue as a thread in the post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/47262.page . I believe Cyberlink monitor this particular post.

2. Contact Cyberlink support and report this issue. It may a long time to get the issue acknowledged but don’t give up. Continue and don’t let them close out your ticket.

I (We) are interested in what or how Cyberlink address the issue for you. Keep us posted. Let us know. sealed
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:

As for New Blue, that is not "owned" by CL, it is a third-party add-on, they might have less control on what is going on there.

I was just going to say something on that point when SoNic67 jumped in ahead of me! Indeed, NewBlue manifests itself in transition effects for Corel Video Studio (I have the Pro X5 version alongside my Power Director 8 & 14[both Ultra versions]) so Cyberlink is one of a number of "client" software makers for whom NewBlue produces components.

Cheers!

Neil.
blasiusxx [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 12, 2011 09:44 Messages: 330 Offline
[Post New]
This is an incompatibility issue between PD13+14 and the Geforce Drivers in Combination with Maxwell Graphic Cards.

Cyberlink told me, that i should deactivate Hardware Encoding in Creating a BD Disc.

But if i do that, my BD Disc Movies (Source Galaxy Note 4 mp4 Streams) picture quality becomes very dissapointed.

In the Summary, i need Hardware Encoding.

This Issue couldn't be fixed at this time, Cyberlink Support tells me a few weeks ago. This Issue is present since PD13 from the beginning, and still now in PD14.

Now i Use the integrated Core i7 4770K (Intel HD 4600) Graphics, and it works very well.

Can't understand this, that this Bug isn't communicated from Cyberlink to Nvidia to find a solution.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 08. 2016 10:14

Gigi Gigescu [Avatar]
[Post New]
SoNic67 is just me ha? but instead of arguing with me you shoud help people ! Do a search on Google to see exact how many people deal a lot of trouble with PD.
So leave your head down and do not lecture me when i make sense. Vorba multa saracia omului.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
So leave your head down and do not lecture me when i make sense. Vorba multa saracia omului.

Gigi!

The aggression is unacceptable! No-one on this website is trying to lecture you, or anyone else, for that matter. We're all users of Cyberlink product here, talking about, and doing our best to help solve problems related with the software we're using. We certainly don't need abuse!

Neil.
[Post New]
Quote: SoNic67 is just me ha? but instead of arguing with me you shoud help people !

Did you pay me (or anybody here) something? You ask for HELP here, stop acting like we own you anything. If you are not happy with the answers, submitt a trouble ticket to Cyberlink.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 08. 2016 18:46

Gigi Gigescu [Avatar]
[Post New]
hi; my friends something is very wrong! I changed my 690 to gtx 980 TI OC from Asus. The problem is still there; i instaled PD 14 right after winodws and drivers. What's wrong with this picture? Why with,,hardware encoder'' bluray do not work the chapters? something is wrong at java script to PD 14.
I'm repeting another big problem is editing 30fps dslr full frame files. they work very slow the program takees the command slow...
Can we all make something about this to fix this huge problem in creating with the videocard BLURAY's instead of fighting ?

I look forward to your answers and if i can help please let me know. Thanks
blasiusxx [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 12, 2011 09:44 Messages: 330 Offline
[Post New]
Better contact Cyberlink Support. If more users describe this Issue, than better. This Issue can't be solved by us.