Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 12 not able to import or produce MP4 files
wjs [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 22, 2013 21:09 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Some info first. I have windows 7 pro and had to reload it. I installed PD 12 right after a fresh install of windows. I also installed the quicktime software that it asked me to. I then went out and got the latest update for the program and installed it. The problem is when I go to import or save a file as an MP4 I get an error.

When I try to import a file I get this error

An error occuredwhlle opening this media file in the media library.......

When I click on the produce button and try to save a file as an MP4 nothing happens. I dont get an error it just does nothing.

The software worked fine before the reload and I know the files I am trying to import are ok. I have downloaded Powerdirector 14 (trial) and the videos import fine. I have looked through the forum but did not see anything that seemed to help. Any ideas? Thanks.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try updating QT to the latest version 7.7.8.
wjs [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did. Still have the problem. Thanks for the suggestion.
wjs [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have installed the software on a laptop and have the same exact situation. I tried to make an MP4 from the video files that come with the software and it still does the same thing. I installed it on another computer and left the network cable unplugged and got an error when I tried to produce an MP4. It said

"Power director can not play this media because some components have not yet been activated vie the internet."

I then plugged the network cable in and it still did not work. Surely both hard drives and the laptop can not all be bad. Makes me think that whatever the software needs to be able to produce in MP4 format it can not get. Any other ideas?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 30. 2015 08:11

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
There is a limit on how many times that you can install PD. If you had purchased an upgrade PD then the previous version may have features disabled. That is why the PD14 trial worked. You probably need to contact Cyberlink support.
NicoleM2011 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 17, 2011 18:06 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I am unable to import MP4 files to PowerDirector 12. I have logged into Director Zone, as I saw on another post, but I continue to get this message. I have Windows 10, fairly new laptop (few months) and the video came from a Sony Cybershot. Occasionally, I get the importing media screen but it just sits there and doesn't do anything.

I receive the following message:
An error occurred while opening this media file in the media
library. It may be because the file is broken, an unsupported
format, protected video content, or for another reason. Try
contacting your video provider for a different video format.

If I need to change a setting or do an update, please advise how, I am still learning to navigage Windows 10.

Thanks!
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
You posted this in an old thread. You really should start a new topic. Have you ever been able to use mp4 or did this just start? __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
NicoleM2011 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You posted this in an old thread. You really should start a new topic. Have you ever been able to use mp4 or did this just start?

I couldn't figure out how to start a new thread. It is a new computer so it is the first time I'm trying to import the MP4. I can view it in the Windows 10 Movies/TV app but that's it.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
"...............I couldn't figure out how to start a new thread............."

Hi NicoleM2011,

When you open up the forum, above the Topic Column, top left is the button for a New Topic.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator
[Thumb - new topic.PNG]
 Filename
new topic.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
25 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
65 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 05. 2016 02:47

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Has it asked you to activate? Some codecs have to be before use. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
NicoleM2011 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Has it asked you to activate? Some codecs have to be before use.

I did not receive any requests to activate. Where could I find the codecs and how would I determine if they need to be activated or updated?
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Has it asked you to activate? Some codecs have to be before use.

I did not receive any requests to activate. Where could I find the codecs and how would I determine if they need to be activated or updated?

some users have problems with PD12 compatible with W10.

Quote See this webpage and run the compatibility check : http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/window10-updates-center/enu/index.jsp . PD7 is 8 years ago and you may need software created now that is compatible with win 10.

try tomasc link -> http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/window10-updates-center/enu/index.jsp

good luck.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1