Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Produce from Packed Project Material - Title graphics missing
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have a project which is made in 2013. Originally I produced only a wmv file to put on YT.

After that I packed the project materials.

The graphics for the title missing when I produce a video based on Packed Project Material.

It is though that in the project folder are the 942 png files.

Part of project folder

As I recall the project made in PDR 11.

What can I do to get the animated title back?

Cheers, Anja PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Suggestions/maybe's,
1.Open the pds in PDR14
Look for a similar Title in PDR14 and substitute the previous one.
The problem was that CyberLink changed the fonts used in some Titles at one point for there own proprietary named fonts, (they're still the same fonts!!).

2. Now if it is a customised Title you need to look in your PDR11 folder: C:\Users\ComputerName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\11.0\MyTitles

The problem is you may have changed your computer and not backed up data fully. In which case you'll need to remake the Title.

Best I can think of at the mo Anya.

Dafydd
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

I don't have a folder named: C:\Users\MyName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\11.0\MyTitles because I haven't had PDR 11 installed on this PC - only have PDR13 and PDR 14.
I didn't made the animated title myself - I just picked it from the Title Room.

I thought the idea of the Pack Project Materials was precisely to provide a backup for future use.

I just made a test

I opened pdr13 (here is the Title Brush_01, the one I used in the earlier project) I created a project including this Title.
Then Packed Project Material
Opens pds file in the packed project folder with pdr 14 and the title were present and worked.

One thing I have noticed is that all my old Packed folders do not have sub-folders (all material is located in the same folder).

The projects I pack today has subdirectories as slideshow, titles, MaterialCache etc.
And I notised tha the title in question has its own folder (pdr11_title_102_4_3)

When I apparently do not have access to all of the titles that are located in PDR13 in PDR14 I realize that this problem is a little self-inflicted because PDR13 and PDR14 is installed on different disks.
But that does not explain why the title work in my test project when it did not work in the older project - or maybe it does because of lack of of sub-folders.

Therefore some new question:

Are suplied titles in the ContentPack_Essential or in ContentPack_Premium?

Can I install earlier ContentPacks without damaging the PDR 14?

If I uninstall PDR14 and install it on the SSD drive will I then get all the titles that are i PDR13 which is on the SSD?

And what will happen if I then uninstall PDR13 to free space on the SSD?

Cheers, Anja PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Anja -

That title template is Brush_04 in the Title Room. It should be installed on your PC, if you have installed Content Pack Essential for PDR13 or 14. You're right - it was part of PDR11, and has been included with every version since.

If you look in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Essential\Titles\ and locate the PDR11_Title_111 folder, that's it! Your file path may be slightly different, but track down the Content Pack Essential folder(s).

In the library, the thumbnail should look like this:

And yes - when you pack a project, PDR includes title graphics.

Odd that it doesn't appear in your timeline, but re-inserting the template and formatting your title (copy paste from the other one) should resolve it.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Anja the Dane
[Post New]
Hi Tony,

always good for a solution smile

Though I think you didn't read the hole of my reply to Dafyds's reply.

I still have PDR13 on the PC. PDR13 Ultra was installed, right after I brought this PC in the spring, on the SSD drive. Just a month+ ago I updated to PDR14 Ultimate and because I wanted to keep PDR13 for a while and I didn't want to much on the SSD and it's now posible to install PDR on an other drive than C: I chose to install PDR14 on the F: drive.

I think this might cause that I don't hav many titles to choose about in PDR14, none of those in PDR13 are available in PDR14.
but the one I used in the older project (Brush_01) is available when I open PDR13.

Also please see what mentioned about my test result.

Funny,

when I look (where PDR14 is installed) in F:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\ I don't find a PowerDirector folder but the folders
Creative Design Pack including \Holiday Pack vol 6 and \Wedding Pack
plus
PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 1 including \templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 1\ and in the Titles folder there are only 8 title folders.

when I look (where PDR13 is installed) in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack 13
I find both PowerDirector 13 Content Pack Essential (has 193 titles) and PowerDirector 13 Content Pack Premium (has 10 titles).

Therefore, I think I should try to install 2_CyberLink_PowerDirector14_ContentPack_Essential_PCP150526-06.exe again and hope i wont make any conflicts.
or should I uninstall firsr and start from scratch?

I know I originally installed all and in the right order. But as, I think, you remenber I had troubles with SS as well.

Cheers, Anja

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 18. 2015 14:20

PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You should install the PD 14 contents packs on the same drive where you have PD 14 installed (F: ). Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Anja the Dane
[Post New]
Thanks Carl for quick answer, but that wasn't was I were asking about.
Dosn't realy matter I just try to install PowerDirector Content Pack Essential again - Things can only be better - hopefully. PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Anja - You probably won't get the answer that you are seeking because the contributors here may not have that experience. For the last 3 years I had a 64GB ssd and performed all the optiminization for it in the beginning found by googleing and by doing. That drives filled up fast with windows updates, system restore, etc. I have always installed PD on my hard drive by first creating the neccessary folders on it and browseing to them during installation. Still some parts will always be on the drive C ssd like smartsound, etc. which doesn't give a choice. I know that many contributors say that PD defaults and must be installed on drive C. I am one of the exceptons. That causes me problems when a user post a .pds file or a packed project for other users to analylse. I always had to browse for the files (titles, particles, etc.) that no other user had to do. When I post answers here referencing the location on drive C, in reality it is the correct folders and path but on drive D on my pc. I purchased a ssd 4x larger a few months ago and PD14 ultimate is the first one to be installed on drive C.

I do remember that optodata answered a user recently, maybe it was you suggesting that folders be created on the hard drive first. Beleive that he said that PD14 can be installed on the ssd and then by using the junction method, move the folders to the hard drive. That does work. I looked at the 5th thread about the content folders on your drive F. They are essentally the same except that the path is on my drive C. I don't have the experience with optodata's junction method suggestion but do know that I have problems with other users packed project mentioned earlier. The junction method may be the way to go. It sound promising. Don't know if you have to browse like I do on old user project that has a default drive C installation like your PD11.

Let us know if what you do work or you have to browse.
Anja the Dane
[Post New]
I regret that this item has been messy because of my supplementary questions. cry

Therefore, I will end this by concluding that neither the PD13 and PD14 are backward compatible when it comes to packed projects containing animated titles (titles without animation is ok), PiP and Particles.

This because previous versions (PD11 and older) packed all the project material in the same folder.
PD13 and PD14 create folders and subfolders for these special things. (also for MaterialCache, slideshow etc.)

This is a pity as it is the only way to make a backup of your projects. yell

After reinstalling Content Pack Essential I have all the previously used animated titles and I can by browsing through the old wmv video establish that there have been used Brush_01, Brush_0, Brush_03 and Brush_04.

I also see that it is the same number png files generated with the Pack Project Materials now and then.

I also establish that it is no use to even create the appropriate folders and subfolders (corresponding to the structure and naming used today) and move the png's to these subfolders.

Finally - Thank you to all who have given answers. laughing

Cheesr, Anja

Postscript. - tomasz I'll send you a PM. PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Phoenix Joined: Mar 13, 2011 11:35 Messages: 211 Offline
[Post New]
This question probably should be posted elsewhere, but I don't know where.

I read through all these Q&As in hopes of learning more about the PPM feature. I am planning on a long trip and figured I could continue working on my unfinished (many) projects on my laptop. My concern is that when I return, how will all my additions and updates be returned to my Desktop PC where I usually do my work?

How do I or PowerDirector resolve the changes in photo, video, audio, etc. locations from PPM back to the correct locations in my PC?

Bill Bill Seifert
HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-2022
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: This question probably should be posted elsewhere, but I don't know where.

I read through all these Q&As in hopes of learning more about the PPM feature. I am planning on a long trip and figured I could continue working on my unfinished (many) projects on my laptop. My concern is that when I return, how will all my additions and updates be returned to my Desktop PC where I usually do my work?

How do I or PowerDirector resolve the changes in photo, video, audio, etc. locations from PPM back to the correct locations in my PC?

Bill
The purpose of the Pack Project Materials is to put all of the materials that are in use on the timeline into a single folder with the Project file (.pds).

If you have other material in the media library, you can create a folder within the pack project folder to store your extra material.

Then you only have to copy/transfer one folder structure to your main computer.

If you use the recommended Project Management of create a working folder for your project and copy your materials to that working folder, all of you materials will be in one folder. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.