Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The Screen Recorder in PowerDirector 14 gives an error and stops recording instantly.
waseem1345 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2015 15:05 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah don't worry about my C: space, I clean it up like everyday/2 days, and I keep updated of what happens in appdata and programdata..
The documents/etc folders are set on the D: drive, the temporary folders are on the C: drive but I clean them daily, and I like to keep my pc clean and to know what's going on on it I'm having it this way since like a month.

I formatted my pc last time because after updating the drivers, youtube videos started crashing and I had a lot of problems and sometimes I get the bsod.. fortunately I had the old drivers setup, so I prohibited Windows from updating it and installed the old ones.

Just tried Bandicam and it worked perfectly, and since I'm the only one who is having that problem I don't think CyberLink should care about it..
I think I'm gonna stick to it.. Sorry for bothering that much and thanks a lot
Alec200 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2015 20:14 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Yeah don't worry about my C: space, I clean it up like everyday/2 days, and I keep updated of what happens in appdata and programdata..
The documents/etc folders are set on the D: drive, the temporary folders are on the C: drive but I clean them daily, and I like to keep my pc clean and to know what's going on on it I'm having it this way since like a month.

I formatted my pc last time because after updating the drivers, youtube videos started crashing and I had a lot of problems and sometimes I get the bsod.. fortunately I had the old drivers setup, so I prohibited Windows from updating it and installed the old ones.

Just tried Bandicam and it worked perfectly, and since I'm the only one who is having that problem I don't think CyberLink should care about it..
I think I'm gonna stick to it.. Sorry for bothering that much and thanks a lot

I realise this post has been inactive for years, but I found it when having the same issue using the screen recorder from the Powerdirector 15 Live suite.

I found that disabling "hot keys" from the screen recorder settings fixed the issue.
Magus363 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2017 23:09 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I came upon this post as I was also having the same problems. I found that the solution is more than likely a hardware issue.

If you are here because you are having the same problems, you can find out if you're hardware is capable by pressing the windows key and g and checking the yes box when it comes up .In windows 10 this launches the game recorder. Try starting a recording and if you get an error, click the link that says "learn more" to get an explanation.

Hope that helps.
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Waseem1345, please run the DxDiag test as requested in the "Welcome" sticky at the top of the forum index page. That may help us understand why you're having the problem.

You can also try uninstalling PD14 and removing Quicktime and SmartSound when prompted. Reinstall PD14 and click Yes/OK to install both QT and SS, then apply the 2109 PD patch and update QT to v7.7.8 from www.quicktime.com.

Have to correct you -

latest Updates for PowerDirector 14 is build 2820

I can't find any patch named 2109 for PD 14 under download Software Update

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 29. 2019 14:00

PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Have to correct you -

Anja – This post is 1 ½ years old. Magus363 was commenting about his windows 10 game recorder not the PD14 screen recorder. Optodata response might have been correct back in October 2015 when he answered. sealedlaughingsmiletongue-outfoot-in-mouth
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Waseem1345, please run the DxDiag test as requested in the "Welcome" sticky at the top of the forum index page. That may help us understand why you're having the problem.

You can also try uninstalling PD14 and removing Quicktime and SmartSound when prompted. Reinstall PD14 and click Yes/OK to install both QT and SS, then apply the 2109 PD patch and update QT to v7.7.8 from www.quicktime.com.

Have to correct you -

The Shadowman wrote:

Build 2109 was issued 16th September 2015 - optodata was seldom wrong

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 29. 2019 14:01

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
in regards to tomasc and The Shadowman

Sorry, sorry - and especially to Optodata

didn't see the post was old, old, old

the link to the post just popped up in my mailbox today. PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
Sharon11 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2017 11:53 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have Power Director 15 and I have been getting this same error for a long time. I just now got around to spending time figuring it out. I tried these suggestions--none of them worked.

What DID work was going into the Screen Recorder settings and unchecking "import into Power Director."

I don't know much about computers, so I have NO idea why this work. But it did. Thought I'd share what worked for me.
Anja the Dane
[Post New]
Quote I have Power Director 15 and I have been getting this same error for a long time. I just now got around to spending time figuring it out. I tried these suggestions--none of them worked.

What DID work was going into the Screen Recorder settings and unchecking "import into Power Director."

I don't know much about computers, so I have NO idea why this work. But it did. Thought I'd share what worked for me.

Thanks Sharon ,
I'll try this next time I'm going to use the screen recorder and then cross mi fingers and hope it'll work for me too. PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12