Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Suggestions for PDR 15
Russell1967
Senior Member Location: Kissimmee, Fl USA Joined: Aug 10, 2013 23:35 Messages: 165 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah, and optical flow is available as open source code so CL wouldn't even have to research it. There's a free open source program called "slowmovideo" (by granjow) that does some very interesting things for dynamically adjusting the speed of video. As far as I know it's the only free option out there right now.

Anyway, as PowerDirector 15 is due to be released any day now (my guess), really we should be putting in suggestions for PD16 instead. Hopefully Cyberlink reads these suggestions...

Russell1967 System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive
JosephM [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 22, 2014 11:22 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Seems like the new PowerDirector 15 will release soon. Udemy has course listed there with PDR15
https://www.udemy.com/powerdirector/

Russell1967
Senior Member Location: Kissimmee, Fl USA Joined: Aug 10, 2013 23:35 Messages: 165 Offline
[Post New]
Hey! Good tip! They have the entire course titles listed, which gives us an idea of what is new in PD15, such as "360 degree video editing", blending effects and....(drum roll please...) "The Mask Designer"!!! I hope this is what I think it is!

I expect Cyberlink to make the announcement any day now. REALLY looking forward to that Mask Designer! If it's a spline-type mask designer, I will flip my proverbial wig!

[edit: I see that Cyberlink's "final" sale is until September 6th, so probably immediately following that they will release PD 15.

Russell1967

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 31. 2016 16:49

System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive
[Post New]
I hope PD 15 works with FX Titler Pro 4 this time ...

Just looked at the course description of new features. No need for 360 videos here, other might be more useful for us. Let's hope the list of new features/updates is longer ;

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 04. 2016 13:57

Russell1967
[Post New]
I didn't know that NewBlueFX Titler Pro 4 didn't work with PD14. I see that it's about 3 times more expensive than PD itself, so maybe there just isn't enough of a market for it in the hobbyist NLE market. That being said, though, I see that TP4 is an OpenFX plug-in, so if PD15 is compatible with that architecture - which I believe has been hinted at over the years by Cyberlink - then it might be possible. Making PD OFX compatible would open the door to TONS of fx that are not currently available for it.

Russell1967 System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive
[Post New]
You've probably missed the thread, discussing the issue. PD13 came with the Titler Pro 1 as a bonus. You could upgrade, and the upgrade price was decent. The problem is, that the upgrade did not work with PD anymore.

I've been active - contacted CL, FX, both did not reply properly. I managed to "hack" it, so I substituted TP4 installation in Windows registry, so that I could launch it from PD. There was some watermark though.

There is just small wrapper DLL, which would take maybe few hours for a skilled programmer to update? My guess is, that there's some politics/money in the play. However - seeing TP4 supporting cca 8 NLEs and PD not being one of them, is kind of embarrassing ...
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
There will be no Titler Pro 4 integration, sorry to say, though I also contacted New Blue to ask them about it. Although we all recognize the power of PD, and probably agree it is on the cusp of being a professional application, it is still Consumer/Prosumer and that is how it is being treated and developed. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Isn't PD in the same league as a Sony Vegas? My take is - either one or the other company required the partner to pay some money, or it is a plain ignorance. Give me the sources to the small wrapper DLL and I will arranget its adaptation ;
Russell1967
[Post New]
Yeah, I have TP1, which I got with PD 12 or 13, I forget which. I think NewBlueFX is probably concentrating on the "professional" market now, so they don't support "the little guys" anymore.

But, if PD could make their architecture OpenFX compatible, it would make it better for everyone: The plug-in makers don't have to custom-taylor their plug-ins for specific NLEs and the customers have a MUCH larger selection of plug-ins to choose from. Not sure how much of a re-write this would be for Cyberlink, though. And to make it still compatible with legacy plug-ins might be more work than it's worth. Hard to say.

Johnny C [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2008 14:05 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I would like to have PD 15 improve the sync by audio in their multiple timeline tracks. Whenever I've multiple clips in each timeline they are all messing up after syncing(a lot of the clips moves down the next tracks). This will be great feature for the next PD because I always use 2-3 cameras most of the time.

Also, I would like to have a SAVE feature in MultiCam Designer so I can work on my project later and especially now the PD 14 always crashes. big headache

A big +1 on the ability to SAVE in MultiCam Designer. Also, it wouldn't hurt to have a confirmation (you are now leaving multicam designer) dialog on the cancel/ok button, I've lost my work more than once by exiting the designer by mistake.
Russell1967
[Post New]
Well, PD15 should be released either this week or next week, if I had to guess. Today is the last day of the sale, and most of their releases happen around this time of year.

I hope the "Mask Designer" is what I think it is, and not just a built-in png-type graphic designer (which can have alpha areas, etc).

[Post New]
It is 7.9. here, my birthday today. So, where's my birthday present? :
moisesmcardona [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Oct 23, 2012 11:48 Messages: 167 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah.. It's 7 here to and the front page still says about the sale that supposedly ended yesterday. My bet is that they forgot to update the website XD Main Machine: Jetway NF9G-QM77, Intel i7-3610QM, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB, 128gb SSD, Windows 10 Pro
Secondary Machine: Lenovo Y510p, Intel i7-4700MQ 2.4Ghz, 2x nVidia GT750M, 500GB SSHD, Windows 10 Education
visit http://moisescardona.video
[Post New]
Final sale offer extended till September 12th. We can imo expect announcement the day after.
JosephM [Avatar]
[Post New]
CyberLink always says "SALE" on their homepage. I guess they haven't make enough money from the old version :
[Post New]
Maybe PD 15 has so few of innovations, that they want to capitalise on a discounted old version :
CoolBalla15 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 08, 2015 13:42 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I dunno if this has been suggested yet, but please bring support for x264. It'll be really useful.
moisesmcardona [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Oct 23, 2012 11:48 Messages: 167 Offline
[Post New]
x264 support is there. Just export to H.264. After all, it is just an MPEG-4 codec.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 08. 2016 12:26

Main Machine: Jetway NF9G-QM77, Intel i7-3610QM, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB, 128gb SSD, Windows 10 Pro
Secondary Machine: Lenovo Y510p, Intel i7-4700MQ 2.4Ghz, 2x nVidia GT750M, 500GB SSHD, Windows 10 Education
visit http://moisescardona.video
videomaker 10
Newbie Location: eua/brazil Joined: Dec 02, 2013 14:51 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
At least added blend modes layers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XrN8ak8_2Y Pc bulldozzer 6300,12gb ram,Hd ssd 240gb S.O W7 64 bits,Hd 2tb Ar,motherborad asus M5a97 R2.0,Geforce Gtx 650 Ti.
Pdr 12,Adobe Premiere,after,Photoshop,Photodex proshow producer and pinnacle studio 16.
JosephM [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am surprise to notice that this link https://www.udemy.com/powerdirector/ has been set private now.

I wish CyberLink reveal their plan, milestone to their users so that we know what is coming up on the next versions. There are lots of suggestions and feedbacks posted here, but seems like CyberLink doesn't really read
[Post New]
Well, I have no interest in 360 video, mobile phone video, or Go pro sports stuff. So the only new feature for me is - blend modes. Sounds good, but too little to upgrade. And once again, and over and over again, I can see absolutly useless cartoonish non-professional font type presets. And my guess is, that those interested in Titler Pro plugin, will be again left in the water, with some typical company excuses ....