Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Movie not showing in folder - help please?
[Post New]
I am fed up to the back teeth of my pc at the mo, so excuse my frustration. I have spent all afternoon uploading a movie to Cyberlink Power Director 13 and I used windows to get it. Have tried clicking on import to get at the video's and it's showing in a yellow folder but when I open the folder it says 'no items match your search' yet it's showing in the folder from the outside. How do I sort this please? All women can do great things.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Louise

Are you saying that the file is visible in Windows explorer, but not visible when you try to open it in PD? If that is the case, in Windows, if you click on the yellow folder and open it. What are the properties of the file inside? Right click on the file and "view properties?

Sorry if I have mis-understood your post.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 16. 2015 15:54

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
There also is the possibility if the LIBRARY DROPDOWN MENU is set to anything other ALL MEDIA or VIDEO, the explorer won't see any type of video media. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Are you saying that the file is visible in Windows explorer, but not visible when you try to open it in PD?

Yes

if you click on the yellow folder and open it. What are the properties of the file inside?

Mpeg

There also is the possibility if the LIBRARY DROPDOWN MENU is set to anything other ALL MEDIA or VIDEO, the explorer won't see any type of video media.

When I connected the video camera to my tower the drop down menu didn't give me an option to transfer to Cyberlink power Director, only photo Director, so I chose the windows option. How do I correct this please? All women can do great things.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Louise

Just to clarify

The film to which you refer is from your video camera?

With your camera connected to your PC and if you open Windows Explorer, do you see the camera as a drive?

If you do see the camera as a drive, go into PowerDirector and in the Media Room click on the IMPORT MEDIA button, browse for the camera drive and find your file. Is it still missing? Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
[Post New]
The film to which you refer is from your video camera?

Yes

I didn't open windows explorer, a menu appeared when I connected the camera lead to the tower.

The stupid (sorry) program doesn't seem to be working at all now since I tried adding transitions. It just sticks and has gone all sluggish also there is a horrible noise that somes out the speakers. I am seriously thinking of giving up and moving onto some Sony software. It's a shame as I like this software but it simply just isn't working for me at all.

I have never known a software crammed full of so many problems it's unbelievable! I'm sorry to be rude but unless Cyberlink sorts it out then I'll have no choice but to go.

I need a reliable programme that works and this just doesn't seem to be up to the job.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2015 06:14

All women can do great things.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
What make/model is the camera?
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Sony HDR-CX115E All women can do great things.
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Barry has asked you about your camera, tell us also what version and build in PD you have.

This doesn't sound like a PD problem, we will get there, Louise.

In the meantime, when the dropdown menu appears, X out of it and go into PD and try to import again Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
The Shadowman
[Post New]
According to the camera manual it has a memory card. What happens if you load this in your PC? Do you have a card slot on the PC? Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
[Post New]
I don't have a card slot on my tower, I have a card reader but I can't see how that makes a difference. I am basically stuck with software that doesn't work.

Also can you tell me what rendering means?

I click on it to play film and that comes up with a green line going across. Seemed ok until I started to add the transitions like fade etc. Does that mean it's corrupted before I've even started? All women can do great things.
The Shadowman
[Post New]
If you use your SD card to transfer your files, I am pretty sure they will be there.

The SD card will show as a drive in Windows explorer which you will be able to find when browsing for media in PD13.

You need to try what we suggest. You are NOT stuck with duff software
Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,