Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Beta patch v1916
Hicham_B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jun 09, 2015 04:02 Messages: 1347 Offline
[Post New]
Notice:

• Resolves Blu-ray 3D playback issues under Windows 10.

• Resolves video playback issues on Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) display with 60 Hz screen refresh rate.

• Minor bug fixes.

Download Link

Regards

Hicham

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at Feb 23. 2016 04:48

Technical support:
EN: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
DE: https://de.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
FR: https://fr.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
ES: https://es.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
Member Location: US Joined: Nov 08, 2009 14:40 Messages: 54 Offline
[Post New]

Does it resolve severe stuttering with True Theater Video enhancements switched on under Windows 10 and the initial AMD drivers version? No
Michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2015 17:10 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I upgraded from PDVD 14 because with the Win 10 upgrade, when I put a bluray disk into the drive, it said no disk (worked fine in Win8.1).

Upgraded to version 15: same problem.

Downloaded and applied this patch: still the same problem. Will play DVDs on the drive, but when I put a dvd in the drive, it says there is no disk.
blasiusxx [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 12, 2011 09:44 Messages: 330 Offline
[Post New]
Michael, this is a Windows 10 Issue. I had it with other Software, too.

I turned back to Windows 8.1, Probem Solved.
Michael [Avatar]
[Post New]
Indeed ... but the program is touted as Win 10 compatible; the patch is supposed to fix the issue, which is that presumably you need 3rd party BR drivers, same as in Win8.1 ... which is not currently working. This patch specifically says fixes Bluray issues, and it doesn't (but IS beta, so hopefully with more work will be fixed)

... thus my post.
blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, but i use Nero BluRay Player and other Software with Windows 10, too. And there is the same issue that Windows say "please insert a disc" or "no disc".

It's not only with PowerDVD 15. I think it's generally a Windows 10 Bug, not a Cyberlink Bug.

Backup your System with Macrium Backup Free, Do a Clean Install or a Refresh of Windows 10, then install PowerDVD and test it again.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 11. 2015 02:47

Bhajje
Senior Member Location: France - Orléans Joined: Feb 06, 2011 11:30 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
Hummmm....

On my 3 PC's, under Windows 10, with PDVD15 béta patch 1916, I can play commercial BR, as well as self-made BR (With PowerDirector 13).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 11. 2015 03:32

Jean-Paul

i7-4770K 3.50 GHz, Nvidia GTX 960 2 Go, SSD 500 Go, RAM 32 Go
Win 10 64 bits, DirectorSuite 365
Michael [Avatar]
[Post New]
I will try a clean install later: don't have the time at the moment. I've sent the requested info to support so they can work on it. (Info from the Cyberlink BD and #D advisor, which says all is ok, and DxDiag: also all ok.)

I agree it appears to be a windows 10 issue, but having tech support look into it can't hurt!
Michael [Avatar]
[Post New]
re: Bhajje ... interesting it works on your systems. Perhaps some interaction on mine (and others?) I do have a lot of things running, but did try at least disabling antivirus.

If I do a clean install, I'd reinstall PDVD first and see if it works.
Bhajje
Senior Member Location: France - Orléans Joined: Feb 06, 2011 11:30 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
On 1 PC, under W 8.1, an other, under W 7, I upgraded to W 10.

On the third PC (under W 8.1), upgrading didn't worK So, I made, too, a clean install of W 10, after what, I spent a lot of time to reinstall all my softwares on this pc.

And now, on all three PC's, NO pb with playing BR. Jean-Paul

i7-4770K 3.50 GHz, Nvidia GTX 960 2 Go, SSD 500 Go, RAM 32 Go
Win 10 64 bits, DirectorSuite 365
Michael [Avatar]
[Post New]
I see I'm going to have the bite the bullet and clean it up. Just need to find a spare weekend.
Michael [Avatar]
[Post New]
In looking around to try to identify the problem, I came across MakeMkv.

Even though PDVD thinks there is no disk, MakeMKV IS able to read the BD correctly, and indeed back it up to my hard drive ...

I sent the details to tech support, but MakeMKV id's the drive and the BluRay disk just fine. Is it doing something to bypass windows to do this?

I first "backed it up" encrypted to my HD, and tried to play it with PDVD. That didn't work; I then backed it up using the MakeMKV decryption, and that DOES work, so I could play the movie off the HD using PowerDVD just fine.

So it seems that PowerDVD is not able to read the BlueRay disk, when MakeMKV is able to ... so what is MakeMKV doing right?
blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Have you tried this ?!

Frirst Deinstall PowerDVD.

Then deinstall the BD ROM/Burner in the Hardware Manager, Reboot, and then Windows will install it again automatically.

After that Reinstall PowerDVD again.
Michael [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well ... tried the above (uninstall, remove BDR, reboot etc) ...

No luck,

PDVD still says no disk, but MakeMKV reads it fine.
Michael [Avatar]
[Post New]
Also ... I have a two monitor setup. Both monitors are by dvi, and both show HDCP compliance in the NVIDIA setup.

I tried disabling one. Made no difference.

Came across AnyDVD. Downloaded the trial ... and after running that, PowerDVD works

Does this mean that AACS stuff is blocking PDVD? Presumably a windows issue, which is messing up what PDVD is seeing?

I can't see Bluray disks in File explorer either ...

blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
I Uese one Display with Two HDMI Inputs. One from GTX960 and One from i7 4770K.

All works now perfectly after Windows 10 Clean Install.

If you use an older Display or older cable, it's possible that it would't support playback of protected Blurays.

That's Copyright Protection.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 15. 2015 17:37

Michael [Avatar]
[Post New]
DVI is digital, and the displays I'm using are both HDCP compliant, so it's not the connection. As noted, I had no trouble with PDVD 14 under Win8.1 with the same setup...

So I suspect it is some interaction with something on my computer that is interfering with the HDCP checking via Win10, as you and others are not having the same issue.

As both you and Bhajje seem to be showing, a clean install of Win10 might fix this. I'm not looking forward to that, as I have a lot of "stuff" on this machine, but if I want to play Bluray easily (and not pay extra for AnyDVD) I guess I'll need to waste a weekend doing just that.
blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
ok, but how much time has cost you the far ?!

Make a Backup with Macrium Reflect Free, do a clean install and test it.

If it don't work, restore your backup.

Is there anything better ?!
Michael [Avatar]
[Post New]
Now working.

As suggested by support, unistalled PDVD (again), rebooted, reinstalled

... lost the BD drive in windows; had to uninstall the driver, twice, reboot ... and finally it's working

Presumably some win10 glitch on upgrading.
Jesse [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 20, 2015 02:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I can not get the software-with-patch to work in Windows 10 even after following all the above suggestions in this thread. According to your own compatibility wizard my hardware is all several versions past the minimum requirements. So that's not at all the problem.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program then reapplied the patch. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program after removing the hardware drivers and reinstalling them first. I've even used CCleaner and wiped out any possible trace of detached registry keys (left behind after the uninstallation either of the software or hardware driver) before reinstalling both.

I still have a purple screen when I try to play any Blu-Ray. Any one. And I have literally tried each one I own (double digits!).

Can you provide any more suggestions?