Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Timeline Framerate Conflict
rvf263 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 22, 2015 21:56 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
I shot a sample video using a Samsung Galaxy S4: resolution 1920x1080 (16:9).

I imported into PD 13, dragged to timeline, this error message popped up:

It's set to 30 FPS in my preference. Just curious if I should be concerned about this erroe message.

Thanks!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 27. 2015 14:12

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Don't be concerned. You can safely dismiss that error message.
rvf263 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 22, 2015 21:56 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks!
[Post New]
rvf263 the issue is VFR (Variable frame rate).
Read this post.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/43197.page

It has all the info on how to fix it. Win8.1 Pro x64 / Dual x5670 / 24GB / GTX960 4GB / 240GB SSD + 640GB HDD / PD13 Ultimate
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: rvf263 the issue is VFR (Variable frame rate).
Read this post.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/43197.page

It has all the info on how to fix it.
Maybe, but I believe the galaxy s4 uses a fixed 30 fps. You get the error as the timeline setting for PD is NTSC, 29.97fps just as the warning msg indicated. When you "Produce" your edited video, just create a custom profile at a true 30fps or use "Intelligent SVRT" in the produce area to help define a profile.
If you "Produce" to a default NTSC profile, a framerate adjustment from 30fps to 29.97fps will take place, often acceptable, depending on desired needs.

Jeff
delboy35 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Scotland Joined: Apr 12, 2015 17:21 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Just keep in mind when handrake or any other program converts variable to constant:
To keep the audio in sync it will have to add(duplicate) and/or remove(drop frames) if too much of this has to be done it can affect the smoothness of the video.It will appear jerky.

Since the range of frame rate difference between 30 and 29.7 is very small you dont need to worry about it.
The best solution to this is for power director to support the framerates ,like many of its competitors.
sbond [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 15, 2015 08:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
After reading extensive postings about timeline frame rate conflict messages when importing video clips with a 30 FPS rate, I have learned the following. First off there would be no confusion if PowerDirector actually labeled the Timeline Frame Rate choice in General Options as 29.97 and not 30, since 29.97 is the actual Timeline Frame Rate you get when you select "30 FPS (NTSC)", regardless of whether you choose to compensate the Timeline display or not by selecting Yes or No to "Use Drop Frame Time Code". This would eliminate the confusion created when we get the warning message. A new user immediatlely asks "Why is there a conflict if my video is 30 FPS and I selected 30 FPS as the Timeline Frame Rate". The answer is PowerDirector misled you - the Timeline Frame rate is 29.97 not 30 as displayed in the General Options choice.

Using Drop Frame Timecode compensates the display for the mathematical timing discrepency between a 29.97 Timeline and a 30 FPS video, but it does not change the final rendering. When you select an NTSC Produce option, it will render at 29.97 FPS, by definition. If for some reason you want to make the final video exactly the same FPS as your original 30 FPS clips, you have to hit the + sign under Profile Name/Quality and create a custom profile and select 30 FPS. When doing this you can set other video and audio parameters to match as close as possible to the preset NTSC profile you would otherwise have selected. Can use the details button to get the details of the default profiles and then match them in a custon profile, except for using 30 FPS in the custom profile.
JohnDough [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 16, 2015 11:09 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I tried to follow sbond's suggestion, however, when creating a custom profile, the software forces 29.97 as the frame rate no matter what I enter or select.

I see no place to alter the frame rate (only the KEY frame rate)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 16. 2015 11:44

sbond [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 15, 2015 08:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Here are the steps I followed. While in the Produce screen I selected H.264 AVC and used the drop down below this to change to MP4 instead of MTS. Leaving the profile type as default for the time being, I selected the MPEG-4 1920X1080 /30p (16Mpbs) profile under the Profile name/Quality heading, because I essentially wanted all parameters of the custom profile to be the same as this, except for the change in frame rate to 30. Next click the + sign next to this profile name and you get a window where you can type in the name you want and a description for the new custom profile. Then hit the Video Tab and you should get a window were you can change various parameters via drop down menus. Clicking on the Frame Rate drop down should show a list that includes a choice for 30, at least it does for me. I left everything else the same. (Average Bitrate at 15500, High Profile, Progressive, CABAC, Quality Mode and use deblocking). Parameters under the The Audio Tab should not need changing. (AAC and Stereo and Compression Rate 384 Kbps). Once you click OK the Custom profile will be saved. Make sure you switch to Custom Profiles instead of Default Profiles under the Profile Type heading. If this is the only Custom profile it will automatically be selected. I have checked the parameters of the videos I have created with this and they are 30 FPS.
Dazbug [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2015 07:12 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry to drag this up but having trouble understand what settings to use.

im in Australia and want to burn my movie to bluray, now all my footage is from my Samsung Galaxy s6 1080 30fps.

now when I press produce, do I Select PAL and adjust the frame rate to 30fps and at 1080/50i or do I select PAL which outputs at 25fps at 1080/50i.

To me leaving it at 30fps makes more sense? Or what settings should I be using

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 22. 2016 02:47

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Sorry to drag this up but having trouble understand what settings to use.

im in Australia and want to burn my movie to bluray, now all my footage is from my Samsung Galaxy s6 1080 30fps.

now when I press produce, do I Select PAL and adjust the frame rate to 30fps and at 1080/50i or do I select PAL which outputs at 25fps at 1080/50i.

To me leaving it at 30fps makes more sense? Or what settings should I be using

Hi, Dazbug!

You could quite easily do as your post asks. Many DVD players and Blu-Ray players are designed to play NTSC as well as PAL discs. The choice is yours!

Cheers!

Neil.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
If the video is shot in NTSC, then I submit the final exported video product is best produced in NTSC for smoothest possible playback, taking for granted the OP's player will play both. A file produced as PAL from NTSC may have some frames removed resulting in marginal degradation of the viewing experience. Both versions may be perfectly acceptable, it's the opinion of the viewer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 22. 2016 16:20

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT