Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SVRT not finding Samsung SIII Video format
[Post New]
Captured a few video clips using a Samsung SIII phone and I'm trying to figure out what are the correct settings to use in PD13.

Currently the project is set to: 30FPS (NTSC)

The frame-rate of the 2 video clips I'm adding is 30FPS (details attached).

So when I add them to the time-line I get a mismatch "the frame rate of the clip is 30fps and the time-line is 29.97 fps”.

Then when I choose produce and click on SVRT it:

a) suggest a separate profile for each video clip (nothing you can select)

b) I tried to add a custom profile with the suggested settings - but it never finds it.

What is the correct way to use this video format in PD?
[Thumb - SVRT.jpg]
 Filename
SVRT.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
99 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1707 time(s)
[Thumb - ProjectSetting.jpg]
 Filename
ProjectSetting.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
31 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1706 time(s)
 Filename
ClipFormats.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
6 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
307 time(s)

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Mar 30. 2015 17:50

Win8.1 Pro x64 / Dual x5670 / 24GB / GTX960 4GB / 240GB SSD + 640GB HDD / PD13 Ultimate
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi EKSVid ,
Thank you for adding this post.

You have a problem with the video clips and which SVRT to select, for sure. The problem as I see it (from the text/properties info) is more to do with the variable frame rate the camera you've used records at. Due to this variation you have two different fps clips.

OK, please can you provide 3x 5 second video sample clips from your camera?

Track fps selection, 30fps.

I look forward to checking out the samples. The data will be passed onto CyberLink.
Dafydd
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi EKSVid,

If your problem is VFR (Variable frame rate) as Dafydd suggest I might have a solution you can use although it ofcause gives more work and using more of your time.
It is apparently a known issue (outside Cyberlink) that PowerDirector is one of the only video editing programs that can not handle VFR.
See thread at Bandisoft: Tested Importing MP4 Container (2.1) Into Nine Video Editors
http://www.bandisoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2956

First check your video clips to see if the frame rate are variable or constant. You can use MediaInfo to get the code. It's freware and when installed you just right-click on your videoclip in Explorer and choose Mediainfo.
Mediainfo option
In Mediainfo choose View, then Text and you vill be able to see a lot about your clip including frame rate. e.g.
Frame rate mode : Variable
Frame rate : 27.480 fps
Original frame rate : 50.000 fps
Minimum frame rate : 16.667 fps
Maximum frame rate : 50.000 fps

If this is the problem You can use another freeware program, HandBrake, to convert your clips to CFR (constant frame rate).
See how to at NCH Forums: Constant framerate
http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/21549-constant-frame-rate/
or just watch the instruction at YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp2wiEUhV08&feature=player_embedded

Hope this will help you - helped me with clips recorded with a screencapture program that generated VFR.

Cheers, Anja

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 31. 2015 09:39

PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
[Post New]
Thanks Anja

The video info is attached to the original post "ClipFormats.txt" and Yes, it is "Frame rate mode : Variable"

I already have Handbreak - so I will try to convert them as shown in the video.

Also, Dafydd thanks for your response.
The video is from a cell phone Samsung S3 ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_III )
One of the worlds most popular Android phones ever.

I have two of them and I can add some video clips for Cyberlink to test with later today.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 31. 2015 10:56

Win8.1 Pro x64 / Dual x5670 / 24GB / GTX960 4GB / 240GB SSD + 640GB HDD / PD13 Ultimate
[Post New]
Anja's suggestion was spot on!

Once I converted all the clips to have fixed frame rate I was able to add them to the project and time-line without warnings
and the SVRT would also work in suggesting/finding a profile to use (I still need to find the best Handbreak conversion setting).

Thanks Anja!

Two things I noticed along the way:
1) When SVRT is suggesting a custom profile to use(not an existing one) and you edit it after saving it, the Advanced section has neither Speed nor Quality checked (one should be checked since this is a radio button).
(Could be a bug)

2) This was a Gotcha (BarryTheCrab had mentioned in another Topic) but I fell for it anyhow embarassed
When you make changes to ALL your clips (in my case added stabilizer to all clips) SVRT will not find your profile.

When at least one clip is not modified it will find your profile again.

This "kinda" makes sense, if all cips are modified then you will not get a fast render from any part (since all clips need to be rendered and not just coppied) but it would still be nice if it would suggest the closest existing profile you already have.
[Thumb - screenshot.13.jpg]
 Filename
screenshot.13.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
172 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1583 time(s)
[Thumb - screenshot.10.jpg]
 Filename
screenshot.10.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
61 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1565 time(s)
[Thumb - screenshot.12.jpg]
 Filename
screenshot.12.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
189 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1610 time(s)

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Apr 01. 2015 11:54

[Post New]
If you have a bunch of clips to convert (fix the frame rate) with Handbreak than this tutorial should be very useful to do all at once

http://www.howtogeek.com/199993/converting-videos-by-the-batch-with-handbrake/