Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Integration of PowerDVD 15 with Kodi
nik2k [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2015 11:34 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Can anybody from PowerDVD team describe command line arguments of PowerDVD 15 (and other automation options if they exist). This forum describes PowerDVD 13 arguments, PowerDVD 15 is different apparently.
jmferris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 05, 2015 14:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Bump, for the sake of getting that information, as well. I am happy with PowerDVD 13, which I am licensed for - but building a new HTPC, if I can bypass the mounting of my ISO files and launch this player in Full Screen, then I am very likely to upgrade. If, on the other hand, these features are not available, I am likely to look for another solution.

Can anyone in an official capacity provide any information for command line arguments for PowerDVD 15, please? At the very least, I would imagine that if there is confirmation to be made, that others would likely consider using this solution, as well.
jmferris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 05, 2015 14:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
@nik2k - I have had some limited success after downloading the trial. The old command line will not work, since the old launcher is not a part of what I installed (at least). However, I have been able to run a mounted ISO with the following:

PDVDLP.exe "F:"

In my case, F: is just the drive where I mounted. At least with the trial, I am not able to use the same syntax to launch an ISO, if my settings are currently set to display in Cinema mode. It tells me that media files are not supported in Cinema Mode, which is not what I was hoping to find. This means that I need to invoke the drive mounting software that I use to mount the image, still, then launch, then unmount once terminated.

Will have to do some side by side audio/video quality comparisons to see if there is any compelling reason for me to upgrade right now. Otherwise, I will just stick to what I have been using, in PowerDVD 13.
Milyard [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 05, 2015 20:20 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I am looking for the same. I want to use PowerDVD 15 Ultra to playback all my bd and 3d bd .iso files.

I am trying to keep as simple as I can but running into some issues. When using TMT6 in the past Kodi would launch Elaborate Bytes and mount the iso files and then run TMT6 and auto play the movies. When using PowerDVD 14 or 15 Elaborate Bytes mounts iso files. Then when PowerDVD starts it shows the mounted drive with Blu Ray but doesn't auto play them. I want to keep simple for the family to use. Also when playing movies hard to control. I heard there are some /cmd arguments to change playback mode making it smipler but since new to PowerDVD not sure what those could be.

Also issue I am seeing is PowerDVD doesn't detect if content of the Blu Ray is 3d or not. When I start it I need to selected (right click) and turn on 3d. TMT6 would just detect it. After doing that it plays after later if run a non 3d blu ray you need to do the same and turn it off.
ghutch92 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 22, 2015 12:11 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I asked Technical Support for the command line switches for PowerDVD 15 and they sent me the below

Local File Playback:
For Video, Photo, Music files, provide the file fullpath as the first argument of PowerDVD
PDVDLP.exe <filename>

The filename has to be quoted if the path contains space character.

Examples:
> PDVDLP.exe "D:\my works\birthday.mkv"
Starts PowerDVD and play D:\my works\birthday.mkv video

> PDVDLP.exe "E:\cyberlink.mp3"
Starts PowerDVD and play E:\cyberlink.mp3 audio clip

DVD, Bluray Disc (optical) Playback:
For DVD and Bluray optical disc playback, provide the drive letter as the last argument of PowerDVD following the first argument "AUTOPLAY" and disc type as second argument:
PDVDLP.exe AUTOPLAY <DriveLetter>

Examples:
> PDVDLP.exe AUTOPLAY DVD F:\
Starts PowerDVD and play DVD disc in F:\ drive
> PDVDLP.exe AUTOPLAY BD G:\
Starts PowerDVD and play Bluray disc in G:\ drive

DVD, Bluray Disc (HardDisk) Playback:
For DVD and Bluray disc folder playback, provide the full path as the last argument of PowerDVD following the first argument "AUTOPLAY":
PDVDLP.exe AUTOPLAY <path to root folder, index.bdmv or VIDEO_TS.IFO>

Examples:
> PDVDLP.exe AUTOPLAY F:\SomeBlurayTitle\
Starts PowerDVD and play Blu-ray folder rooted in F:\SomeBlurayTitle\

> PDVDLP.exe AUTOPLAY F:\SomeDVDTitle\
Starts PowerDVD and play DVD folder rooted in F:\ SomeDVDTitle\

Launch PowerDVD in Classic Mode or Cinema Mode:
To launch PowerDVD in a specified mode, provide "/LaunchProgram" as the first argument followed by the mode name, this option can be combined with the AUTOPLAY switch:
PDVDLP.exe [AUTOPLAY <DriveLetter>] /LaunchProgram <PowerDVD|PowerDVDCinema>

Examples:
> PDVDLP.exe /LaunchProgram PowerDVDCinema
Starts PowerDVD in Cinema mode

> PDVDLP.exe AUTOPLAY DVD F:\ /LaunchProgram PowerDVDCinema
Starts PowerDVD in Cinema mode and play DVD disc in F:\ drive
nik2k [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2015 11:34 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
@ghutch92: Looks like they sent you instructions for PowerDVD 13. This is the same as posted on these forums. This is not applicable to PowerDVD 15 -- this is why I posted asking for *updated* set of instructions.
ghutch92 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I use the below for my playercorefactory.xml

My optical drive is letter D:\
Milyard [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I use the below for my <a>playercorefactory.xml</a>

My optical drive is letter D:\

I use this I change to H:\ since that is drive when I play with PowerDVD my iso mounts to.

When I use this powercore PowerDVD Cinema runs but I am at PowerDVD Movie Library screen. It looks like the image never mounts.
Milyard [Avatar]
[Post New]
This is the code I am trying right now:

Powercorefactory:

<playercorefactory> <players> <player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true"> <filename>C:\Users\Ray\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename> <args>"{1}"</args> <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc> <hideconsole>True</hideconsole> <warpcursor>none</warpcursor> </player> </players> <rules action="prepend"> <!-- Bluray ISO --> <!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV --> <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/> </rules> </playercorefactory>

And PlayISO.bat:

Set file=%1Set dummy=%file:iso=%IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next):nextSet file=%1Set dummy=%file:mpls=%IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv):playiso"D:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema.exe" H:"D:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /uGOTO end:playmplsset pth=%1set pth=%pth:~1,-25%"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema.exe" "%pth%" exitGOTO end:playbdmvset pth=%1set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema.exe" %pth% exitGOTO end:endexit

When it runs the iso mounts and PowerDVDCinema starts. However it's not playing the H: drive. I am getting this:As you can see it's looking at H: drive. Then I need to click the mouse and I will get this screen:From here if I select H: this screen comes up:If I click restart all works. Also when I stop the movie it doesn't clock PowerDVD. I would like it to close to go back to Kodi.If anyone knows what I might be doing wrong that would be great!
Milyard [Avatar]
[Post New]
So if I use this code:

Set file=%1Set dummy=%file:iso=%IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next):nextSet file=%1Set dummy=%file:mpls=%IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv):playiso"D:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\PowerDVD.exe" H:"D:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /uGOTO end:playmplsset pth=%1set pth=%pth:~1,-25%"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\PowerDVD.exe" "%pth%" exitGOTO end:playbdmvset pth=%1set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\PowerDVD.exe" %pth% exitGOTO end:endexit

It autostarts and plays. However I would like to start in Cinema code but can't seem to figure out how the add the command line switch for that to try.
ghutch92 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I use

C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema.exe

instead of

C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\PowerDVD.exe

to start in cinema mode. I just wish I knew how to get it to launch fullscreen. It will always start in the last state you left it. So if you left it windowed it will start windowed, if you left it fullscreen it will start fullscreen.

I use an actual optical drive with physical discs so that could make a difference.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 18. 2015 20:21

Milyard [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I use

C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema.exe

instead of

C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\PowerDVD.exe

to start in cinema mode. I just wish I knew how to get it to launch fullscreen. It will always start in the last state you left it. So if you left it windowed it will start windowed, if you left it fullscreen it will start fullscreen.

I use an actual optical drive with physical discs so that could make a difference.

When I do that I get the issue above. Where is start Cinema mode but doesn't play.
Milyard [Avatar]
[Post New]
So I think I have found the issue just not sure how and if can fix this. I found what when running the PlayDVD.bat file the image mounts. Then PDVDLP loads then it jumps right the unmounts iso. If I put a timeout of say 60 secs you can play iso for 1 minute. If you run PowerDVD.exe instead then the unmounts doesn't run until you close the program.playercorefactory: PlayDVD.bat:
Milyard [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well I have been messing with this a lot in PowerDVD 15. I am finding that this code works best for getting Cinema Mode.PlayDVD.bat: I am using this on my HTPC in Theater Room with our Epson 3d 2030 projector. We have a Harmony Ultimate Home remote to keep simple for family. When I was using TMT 6 if pressed stop on the remote it would close TMT and go back to Kodi. With this setup it doesn't. You need to click the X to close the program then you'll get Kodi. I would like to find some way to close program easy so doesn't need to keep a mouse in Theater room.
ghutch92 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Can you map alt+f4 to the fancy remote when cyberlink starts?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 21. 2015 19:41

chris0079 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2015 14:39 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi HELP!!!! lol reading this post and it would be amazing to be able to use my powerdvd to play iso and 3d iso from kodi. unfortunately im a bit of a moron when is come to the setup. don't suppose anyone can point me to a proper idiots guide ??
Milyard [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi HELP!!!! lol reading this post and it would be amazing to be able to use my powerdvd to play iso and 3d iso from kodi. unfortunately im a bit of a moron when is come to the setup. don't suppose anyone can point me to a proper idiots guide ??

I got most of my info from here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=116724&pid=2012153#pid2012153
chris0079 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2015 14:39 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks
wickemu [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 13, 2015 15:40 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Well I have been messing with this a lot in PowerDVD 15. I am finding that this code works best for getting Cinema Mode.PlayDVD.bat: I am using this on my HTPC in Theater Room with our Epson 3d 2030 projector. We have a Harmony Ultimate Home remote to keep simple for family. When I was using TMT 6 if pressed stop on the remote it would close TMT and go back to Kodi. With this setup it doesn't. You need to click the X to close the program then you'll get Kodi. I would like to find some way to close program easy so doesn't need to keep a mouse in Theater room.

This is a great workaround for what should already be built into PowerDVD15. I don't understand why they would advertise native ISO playback and then not offer it in their cinema mode. Are the Cyberlink people aware of this oversight? I've sent them a tech support message about it but I really feel like more people need to be asking about this - for home theater users, to have to switch to a mode that is far less supported by a remote control is really frustrating.