Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Ripple transitions for a block of clips?
Harris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2008 02:53 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
In PD7, I can insert a single transition at a time or I can insert transitions for all my clips in the timeline. What if I want to add the same transition for only a block of clips, such as 20 pictures for example. Can't find any way to do that. Pinnacle Studio calls it "ripple transitions". You insert the transition you want, select it and then select the ending clip. This highlights your block. You then click "ripple transition" and it puts that transition between every clip in your selection.

Sure hope there is some way to do this in PD7 but I can't find it. Thanks for any help
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Harris,

Did you try the search function, your enquiry has been asked and answered within the past week.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/4066.page

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Harris,

Thanks for the PM, I agree there does not seem to be a facility where you can apply a single transition to a range of clips rather than all the clips in the timeline.
The only workaround I can suggest is that you make a separate file of the images apply the transitions, produce it, then bring it back into the main project, seems longwinded I know.

Put the request up on the forum as a wish list for the next version.

JL, any thoughts on a workaround?

Robert
Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots