Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 Crashes No Matter What I Try
Danielle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2008 22:26 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
I am new to pd7 and just bought the newest version a few days ago. I have so far been extreemly disapointed in it's performance, but am hoping my opinion will change once I can fix the problem. pd7 crashes about every 5 mins for me, no matter what it is I do. I have installed DivX, I have installed the newest patch. I made sure i unistalled all reminants of the trial version, I unistalled all my other video editing software. I have even cleaned out MY Pictures (becuase I had alot), thinking that would give pd7 more room to breathe. Please can anyone help me figure what the issue is? Please see below for my computers info. Thank you so much!

operating system
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
version 5.1.2600
PID 76487-OEM-0011903-00803
service pack 2.0
language 1033

System Information
BIOS version 3.15
Help and Support version 1.0.0

Support Phone Number
Select your present location

processor
Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz
version x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 4
current speed 2800 MHz

memory
Maximum capacity 4.00 GB
Installed memory 2.00 GB
Memory Slot 1 1.00 GB
Memory Slot 2 1.00 GB

hard drive
total capacity: 232.86 GB
sum of hard disks ( C: D: )
Eric [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 10, 2008 21:45 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem. I tried downloading and installing the new version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable application and found some improvements reducing the crashes.

I dont know if the problem resides in that application but I need a good answer from Cyberlink.
Michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 15, 2008 08:40 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Same thing is happening to me too. No help from Cyberlink either. I think its back to Adobe Premiere Elements 7, now they have got AVCHD sorted.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 15. 2008 08:47

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Same thing is happening to me too. No help from Cyberlink either. I think its back to Adobe Premiere Elements 7, now they have got AVCHD sorted.

So why post on this forum?
Or is this your way of wanting assistance?
Or is it to advertise another company's product?

As for your "no help" comment - that's rubbish. I deal with CyberLink staff and I know how much they try to assist and to resolve issues. PM me your reference number and I'll get CyberLink to look into the help given to you.

Without any of your details here, how can help be given on the forum?

A guide to read.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART A & D mainly but the rest can apply.

Just so you know - I have seen so many "same things" that turn out to be different. The most likely cause of an issue is the user!

Dafydd

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Oct 15. 2008 14:51