Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I Mute Audio Playback while Capturing
CalagazPhoto [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Pensacola, FL Joined: Aug 02, 2014 15:39 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to capture footage from VHS Tapes. I hvae no problem with this. The issue is the audio. How can I mute the audio so that it does not "play through my speakers" as I am capturing. I still need the audio recorded, but I cannot mute the playback. I need the speakers for other things as I record. But the audio from the tape does not mute....even when the master volume (next to the record button) is muted.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 29. 2014 13:00

[Post New]
What are you using to capture the tape? A camcorder or a Pc program?
With Camcorders, if the volume is really having issues, pull out the red plug on the av cable that connects the VHS player to the TV. With a PC program, you can just mute it afterward in PowerDirector, the pull the other recording of audio onto the timeline.
Hope this helps!
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
I think OP wants to capture the audio, just not be subjected to hearing it as it is captured... Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
Leigh-Ann [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2018 20:23 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I too am also trying to mute what is being captured, so that I can watch Netflix while I capture. When I press the mute button in powerdirector 12 it mutes my computer's main volume, thus the powerdirector software is muting anything playing in my internet browser (or anywhere else) and not just the sound from what is being captured. Is there a fix?

EDIT:

After posting this, I looked around some more and found this post https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/22682.page which describes my problem and solves it as well. I use windows 10 and the solution works.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 07. 2018 20:48