Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
best PC configuration
fkaMikeB
Senior Member Location: Ohio, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2014 23:22 Messages: 217 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: No one (until now) has talked about maintenance on thew computer. If it is loaded with garbage and the hard drives are fragmented, then performance will suffer. How often do people delete junk files, unused and trial programs, defrag a hard drive (not a SSD) and generally keep a computer clean and cool?
You are SO right! I'm in the business of "Computer Maintenance" and my favorite tool is Process Explorer. I find that a fair system runs between 60-75 processes. I've seen some Win7 systems dragging on because they have 110+.
How much junk/garbage files do PowerDirector/other Cyberlink programs leave behind that doesn't get auto-deleted? Mike B.
|>>PowerSpecG311 PC(2014)<<||>>Windows®7Pro 64-bit OS<<|
|MB:AsRock FM2A88X Extreme6+|CPU:AMD A10-7850KQuad 3.7GHz|RAM:8GB DDR3|GPU:MSI Radeon™R7 250 1GD5OC|
|HDD:Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB|HDD:WD Red 2TBx2|RAID:SansDigital TR5M+B 2TBx3|BD-R:LG BE14NU40 Ext|
|Camera:Canon Ultura miniDV|WebCam:Logitech C910|ADVC110 Analog/Digital Converter|
|PowerDirector12Ultra.2930|PhotoDirector5Ultra.5424|AudioDirector4Ultra.3522|Cyberlink MediaSuite10 OEM|
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Not only Cyberlink files but others as well. Download and run CCleaner and see what junk files are on your computer. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
fkaMikeB
Senior Member Location: Ohio, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2014 23:22 Messages: 217 Offline
[Post New]
Oh, I understand. CCleaner is one of my most run applications (along with PerfectDisk)!

I installed all the Cyberlink Media Suite software that came with my BD burner. Should have been more selective because I probably won't use most of it. Mike B.
|>>PowerSpecG311 PC(2014)<<||>>Windows®7Pro 64-bit OS<<|
|MB:AsRock FM2A88X Extreme6+|CPU:AMD A10-7850KQuad 3.7GHz|RAM:8GB DDR3|GPU:MSI Radeon™R7 250 1GD5OC|
|HDD:Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB|HDD:WD Red 2TBx2|RAID:SansDigital TR5M+B 2TBx3|BD-R:LG BE14NU40 Ext|
|Camera:Canon Ultura miniDV|WebCam:Logitech C910|ADVC110 Analog/Digital Converter|
|PowerDirector12Ultra.2930|PhotoDirector5Ultra.5424|AudioDirector4Ultra.3522|Cyberlink MediaSuite10 OEM|
BillyR
Senior Member Location: Southeast US Joined: Jun 19, 2013 14:33 Messages: 156 Offline
[Post New]
My suggestion along these lines is to get a custom-built computer rather than a factory one. Then you can specify the CPU, GPU, etc., instead of accepting what the factory builds into it. You will also avoid getting all the junk that comes preloaded on a factory computer. That is, of course, if you're getting a desktop. If you're getting a laptop the specs on mine below provide a very good editing experience for me, although I've never tried viewing a complete file on it before burning it. Small snippets are enough for me. I would use the minimum system requirements as a starting point, but it is advisable, I may also say imperative, to far exceed these minimums:
http://tinyurl.com/m6t29o6

Your local computer club can probably help you find a reputable builder if, like me, you lack the expertise or the inclination to build it yourself. Dell Precision 7510 Laptop
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit | Intel(R) XEON(R) CPU E3-1505M v5 @2.80 GHz
RAM: 32 GB
Windows Experience Index 7.5
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Phoenix Joined: Mar 13, 2011 11:35 Messages: 211 Offline
[Post New]
Well, I did the following: Updated BIOS, updated my video card, ran CCleaner, then defragged the C Drive and the extra internal drive where all my photos and PD files are.

I'm happy to report that I can now run at "HD Preview Resolution" at near 100% jerky-less (It seems that minutes into my 20-minute project, jerkyness becomes more evident during transitions, but tolerable. It's almost like RAM or something fills up and impedes smooth playback.)

But Full HD is still bad. I can't complain because the resolution at "HD Resolution" is MUCH better than running at "High Preview" which I had to stay at for nearly smooth playback.

Attached are my updated DXDIAGs.

Doyou have any other comments to move me to using the "Full HD Resolution" mode? Months ago I had already replaced the video card with upgraded specs and had to increase the power supply wattage. I'm not sure if that time, effort, and expense made any difference.

Sigh.

Bill

Filename
BillSeifert -DxDiag 9-7-14.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
53 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
324 time(s)
 Filename
64BillSeifertDxDiag 9-7-14.txt