Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dual Screen HDCP Problem
S4NK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 28, 2014 01:10 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

When I have two monitors plugged in, 13 Ultra claims that I have an HDCP problem and refuses to play. However, if I plug in one screen or the other it works fine. One monitor is actually my TV and one is my regular computer monitor.

It would be great if I could play a movie on the TV and use my computer--but today, I can only use one screen at a time.

Is there a solution to this?

Thanks,
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello,

When I have two monitors plugged in, 13 Ultra claims that I have an HDCP problem and refuses to play. However, if I plug in one screen or the other it works fine. One monitor is actually my TV and one is my regular computer monitor.

It would be great if I could play a movie on the TV and use my computer--but today, I can only use one screen at a time.

Thanks,

Why would you want to watch a movie AND work on your computer at the same time? What kinds of input ports do you have on your TV?

What computer do you have? Is it powerful enough to run both at the same time?

I use the HDMI output from my Alienware laptop to a projector. If that is workign, my computer monitor shows a logo only.

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I accidently got on this forum when clicking for another forum. This is interesting as I have been doing this for years. One of my pc is used for both computing with a dvi monitor and hdmi to the big screen tv as a home theatre setup. PowerDVD always crash if there were any errors on the BD disk used. Believe it or not, the fix was updating the AMD driver.
SN4K did not say what brand of video card is on his pc. Maybe updating that driver will fix his problem.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I might add after updating the video driver then you might use the BD advisor(free download) to check what setup you have is not hdcp compliant. Such problems could be as simple as temporarily removeing a capture card, redoing your HT setup, etc.
Tika [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 06, 2013 18:30 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I Have a Dual Display setup, both DVI. VG278 Asus 27" 3D Vision. MSI GTX 770 2GB SLI and am wondering why I can not play a DVD but can only play blue rays, my Pioneer BD Drive does BDXL too and plays all formats including DVD RAM which I think is now not used much anymore. Power DVD 13 Ultra Crashes on impact, could the new 344.11 WHQL drivers, or the fact I have two displays be an issue, but then thinks it worked before. what changed? MSI Z77A-GD65 MSI GTX 770 x2 I7 3770 16GB DDR3 1600 6TB Drive Space 2 Optical - Pioneer BDR DVD-r/+r/RW RAM - LG 3D Blue Ray Writer RE RW ROM DVD R RW RAM
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
This problem is different from the started thread. In the PDVD settings for video, uncheck Hardware Acceleration and then try to play a DVD. If it works Then do the opposite and check again. There is an issue now with cyberlink software using the latest drivers. Head on over to the powerdirector12 forum and take a look. NVIDIA WHQL Drivers, version 337.88 is what you need. Don't know if your setup will take this driver. There are other solutions but they are posted in the powerdirector forums. I know that you want to stay in gaming.

Let us know if you can play a DVD now.

ZCFBZD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 10, 2014 02:29 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I accidently got on this forum when clicking for another forum.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 10. 2014 02:38

Tika [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 06, 2013 18:30 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: This problem is different from the started thread. In the PDVD settings for video, uncheck Hardware Acceleration and then try to play a DVD. If it works Then do the opposite and check again. There is an issue now with cyberlink software using the latest drivers. Head on over to the powerdirector12 forum and take a look. NVIDIA WHQL Drivers, version 337.88 is what you need. Don't know if your setup will take this driver. There are other solutions but they are posted in the powerdirector forums. I know that you want to stay in gaming.

Let us know if you can play a DVD now.

hi I did what you asked and Power DVD Crashed and burned. BD plays fine 2d and 3d without hesitation. DVD just will not play. MSI Z77A-GD65 MSI GTX 770 x2 I7 3770 16GB DDR3 1600 6TB Drive Space 2 Optical - Pioneer BDR DVD-r/+r/RW RAM - LG 3D Blue Ray Writer RE RW ROM DVD R RW RAM
bretbartlett59 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 19, 2020 23:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I couldn't find a more relevant post but...when I move Powerdirector 15 from my laptop screen, where the program runs find, to a second monitor, the program freezes up and won't respond. I close the program and restart it on my laptop..works fine, but not on second monitor

Quote: Hello,

Thanks,

Why would you want to watch a movie AND work on your computer at the same time? What kinds of input ports do you have on your TV?

What computer do you have? Is it powerful enough to run both at the same time?

I use the HDMI output from my Alienware laptop to a projector. If that is workign, my computer monitor shows a logo only.