Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SUGGESTIONS FOR PD 13
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All

Just thought I would start a thread on suggestions for the upcoming PD13.

Who knows someone at CL might actually take note

1. Alpha channel for video

2. A search box to easily find media easily

3. In Produce why does it default to the AVI profile? Surely there should be a check box in the Preferences to choose your preferred profile.

4. The ability to burn BluRay discs at 50/60P. More and more cameras are using the format

5. Sort the 'reverse' Fade out. It's been like that since PD10

6. A PD PRO versions with Professional Titles, Lower Thirds and Video overlay transitions.

7. Drastically overhaul the DVD menus

Anyway, I'll probably think of more. Feel free to add yours.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 20. 2014 01:43

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
I would like a Clone Stamp for Video.

Second the improve the Powerdirector Menu system.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 27. 2014 22:57

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

videomaker 10
Newbie Location: eua/brazil Joined: Dec 02, 2013 14:51 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Surgiro PRODAD and compatibility with Red Giant plug-ins, and the program itself give option of working with masks to see the fixes in the effects. Pc bulldozzer 6300,12gb ram,Hd ssd 240gb S.O W7 64 bits,Hd 2tb Ar,motherborad asus M5a97 R2.0,Geforce Gtx 650 Ti.
Pdr 12,Adobe Premiere,after,Photoshop,Photodex proshow producer and pinnacle studio 16.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I have no doubt PD13 is set in stone, at this point, and these good ideas are a bit too late.
It's possible that a few of these ideas are already part of the upcoming PD13, as the folks at Prodad personally told me at least some of their plug-ins are now PD-ready.
We'll all have to wait and see. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Kevinv64 [Avatar]
Member Location: Upper Midwest Joined: Jun 28, 2012 05:41 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
You know how the motion tracking feature in ColorDirector works, right? What if ColorDirector or PD itself would let you track a person or object and isolate it and capture it as a motion object for use in PD? I could see having a lot of fun with that; for example, putting a friend or relative in a silly situation.

Come to think of it, that kind of capture would probably be more of a ColorDirector type of function than PD. At any rate, it would be used in PD.

Kevin
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Amen to wish number 4! :

Andrew Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Consistency throughout the various tools with the ability to copy or even duplicate keyframes.

Maybe even reduce the amount of "tools" as PD is starting to look like it has been designed by lots of people with the same idea but not quite sitting around a table and talking things through, kind of layout !

The ability for PD to be able to actually use a GFX card for extra power while time line editing/processing.

The option to have a player & recorder window with the ability to mark an IN & OUT in the player window.

Tracking would be great, it could be linked to better image stabilizing, you decide which pixels to select for a stable image!

Ah heck, I think I'll go to bed cos these things are never going to happen...

good nite all I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
mbdhd2014
Newbie Location: Argentina Joined: Dec 20, 2013 09:20 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, these are my suggestions I would like to note that cyberlink use the software since years and really see the great power that can have.
* Have the total capacity to import and export video and images with alpha channel.
* Have the total capacity to import and export image sequences.
* Have the ability to generate multiple workspaces.
* That will improve much editing keyframes.
And one more thing, I would like the software is not as "stable" to edit certain file formats.
I hope you take these suggestions into account as it is a great program. Nada
Alessandro de Sica [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2013 19:23 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
Oh God, there are so many things that are in desperate need of being fixed / altered / improved.

One thing off my mind: The DVD authoring /menu editor is a complete and utter mess. I've never seen such a crappy editor, to be honest. It's simply impossible to produce good, easy and simple menus without fancy objects swirling, Christmas trees, Monopoly boards, loud music blaring and dozens of totally useless submenus and chapters when all I want is a picture background where my thumbnails for the clips are and I just push play and the desired clip starts. And don't get me started on the menu text editor. My life is really too short to waste my time here (I'm serious).

I have to resort to a great freeware prog for that (can I say its name here? DVDStyler), which is a shame since I paid 85 Euros for PD 12.
Russell1967
Senior Member Location: Kissimmee, Fl USA Joined: Aug 10, 2013 23:35 Messages: 165 Offline
[Post New]
The subtitle room has a lot of room for improvement. For one thing, it doesn't seem to fully support the .srt format: formatting tags like "<i>" and "</i>" (for start/end italics) get printed on the screen verbatim, etc.

For another thing, it seems to be EXTREMELY slow to process. Loading into your project and even just selecting lots of lines of subtitles takes FOREVER (I selected "select all" from the right-click menu in the subtitles room and it took over 15 *MINUTES* to select the lines. REALLY?)

If you select a range of lines and then Ctrl-click one line (to un-select it), the window resets to line number one so that you have to scroll back down to where you were.

There's no search and replace for the subtitle room (to remove those pesky "<i>" occurrances) and no ability to shift the subtitles forward and backward by a certain amount of time.

Some video files, such as .mpg files de-muxed directly from a DVD, have subtitle and closed caption information embedded in the file, but PD12 can not see them. If I play these files with a media player such as VLC I can select subtitle and/or closed captions tracks and they appear on the screen when played, so they are there in the video file.

Anyway, these are additions to just the subtitle room I would like to see. I wonder what new and improved features we will actually see in PD13?

Russell1967

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 02. 2014 19:58

System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive
videomaker 10
Newbie Location: eua/brazil Joined: Dec 02, 2013 14:51 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
I will also suggest one more addition of two monitors previews one to see the effects, and another to display the editing with professional software like Edius, avid, premiere, to give a more professional layout to Pdr.. Pc bulldozzer 6300,12gb ram,Hd ssd 240gb S.O W7 64 bits,Hd 2tb Ar,motherborad asus M5a97 R2.0,Geforce Gtx 650 Ti.
Pdr 12,Adobe Premiere,after,Photoshop,Photodex proshow producer and pinnacle studio 16.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
While I have no quarrel with most of this thread, we must all remember the PRICE of PD, and where it sits in the scheme of things.
I want all sorts of bells n whistles, but I don't want to pay a heap of money, either. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: While I have no quarrel with most of this thread, we must all remember the PRICE of PD, and where it sits in the scheme of things.
I want all sorts of bells n whistles, but I don't want to pay a heap of money, either.

Agreed, although I do enjoy reading these posts to see everybody else's wish lists!

Andrew Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Andrew, I totally am down with reading these ideas. For folks willing to spend more, the increasing family of plug-in providers is worth keeping an eye on. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Another thing I would like added, is better and more informative Error Messages.

Give a Error Message for when PD hangs or freezes in the Create Disk module. Report if there a problem in creating the Menu and what the problem is so that corrective action can be taken.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Russell1967
Senior Member Location: Kissimmee, Fl USA Joined: Aug 10, 2013 23:35 Messages: 165 Offline
[Post New]
Carl312: Yes, a logging window giving (optionally) verbatim details of what the program is doing would help to find where the problem is. Sort of a debug log. Consumes almost no processor power, is easy to add - programmatically speaking - and extremely useful when there is a problem.

Russell1967 System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
When I detach my preview screen, I place it on my 2nd monitor. I can then see more of my timeline content on my main monitor. However, when I then choose to manipulate a chosen file in the timeline, many of the adjustment buttons are gonzo, covered up by the rest of the interface. I then need to open up/stretch out/provide more real estate to whatever module I am using to see the rest of the buttons, such as APPLY TO ALL. Meanwhile there is an empty space on the right side of the module. The buttons should relocate in this instance. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All

I sent this thread to CL's Customer Support and have received the following response:

"Dear Neil,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support

I understand that you are suggesting additional features & improvement in next version of PowerDirector 13.

Please note that the suggestions are forwarded to our product team. Thanks for reporting.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

We would like to hear from you:

The information you inquired about may also be available in our help, video tutorials, and tutorial book, so we'd like to ask you how we can make them better. Thank you.

You can find the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QRVBDYW

To get the naturally perfect look with just a few quick touches through your mobile.
Click here to enjoy CyberLink Camera App, YouCam Perfect, for FREE!!!

Thanks and Regards,

Sorokhaibam
CyberLink Technical Support"

There's a very, very slight glimmer of hope that someone in Product Support might of read this topic.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 09. 2014 01:45

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi All

I sent this thread to CL's Customer Support and have received the following response:

"Dear Neil,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand that you are suggesting additional features & improvement in next version of PowerDirector 13.

Please note that the suggestions are forwarded to our product team. Thanks for reporting.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

We would like to hear from you:

The information you inquired about may also be available in our help, video tutorials, and tutorial book, so we'd like to ask you how we can make them better. Thank you.

You can find the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QRVBDYW

To get the naturally perfect look with just a few quick touches through your mobile.
Click here to enjoy CyberLink Camera App, YouCam Perfect, for FREE!!!

Thanks and Regards,

Sorokhaibam
CyberLink Technical Support"

There's a very, very slight glimmer of hope that someone in Product Support might of read this topic.

Well done Cubby, that was a great idea.

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Russell1967
[Post New]
BarryTheCrab: These kinds of interface problems often occur when a company uses their own in-house designed user interface instead of the native OS's GUI elements (They're sort of having to re-invent the wheel, so-to-speak, and so problems like this crop up). The funny thing is, though, is that usually companies usually do the custom interface thing so that their interfaces look the same on multiple platforms (like Mac OSX, Linux, etc). In CL's case, I can't think of a reason why they decided to do it this way, since PD is only available on Windows (as far as I know!).

Anyway, using Microsoft Window's own GUI elements they could get it to look and act about 99% the same as it does now, but would *probably* behave better, since it has had many generations of OS versions to fine tune it.

Russell1967

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 05. 2014 21:19

System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive