Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[Beta Patch] PowerDVD 14 beta patch v4028 release
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
[Beta] PowerDVD 14 beta patch v4028 release

Going forward, we’d like to provide our forum members with access to beta patch updates for PowerDVD 14. Beta patch updates are provided by CyberLink so PowerDVD 14 users can have access to quick bug fixes and assist in confirming the issue have been resolved.

Release Date: 2014-May-2

Release Note:

General:
  • Resolves the issue where the error "There is not enough space available on the current drive" displays during the installation of PowerDVD 14 on a partition that has a large amount of free space.*

• Improves performance when PowerDVD is scanning folders for media import into the library.

• Resolves the issue when PowerDVD continues to run in the background after closing the program.

• Resolves crash issues reported by the CyberLink Issue Reporter.

• Blu-ray Movies:
  • Enhanced audio smoothness for Blu-ray movie "Frozen" and other movies with DTS soundtracks.

• User Interface:
  • Adds QR Codes for PowerDVD Remote and Power Media Player apps under the Devices tab for easier installation on mobile devices.

• Adds in-program CyberLink Cloud tutorials.

• Adds a delete button in the photo library to allow for easier photo removal.

• Notice:
    This beta patch download is only for customers who purchased full version. This beta patch resolves an installer issue, so we provide full build here. Ensure you have the product key for activating the program after re-installation. Customers who purchased upgrade version, please try not to install the full version. We are working on other build release.

It is recommended to right click on the PowerDVD 14 installer or desktop shortcut, select "Run as Administrator" to run the program to avoid UAC program blocks the usage.

Beta full build download link:
    Full build download is to fix the "cannot install on certain platform" issue
    Click here to download PowerDVD 14 Ultra v4028
    Click here to download PowerDVD 14 Pro v4028
    Click here to download PowerDVD 14 Standard v4028

Beta patch download link: Click here to download PowerDVD 14 Beta Patch v4028

Please feel free to post in this thread:

-if all the change log issues appear to be resolved by the beta patch update.
    -if any new program related issues arise as a result of installing the beta patch update.

Please do not use this thread to:

-post any questions about other issues not outlined in the change log.
    -post suggested enhancements for future versions of PowerDVD.

We want to ensure this thread stays on the topic at hand, so your assistance would be very much appreciated.

This message was edited 9 times. Last update was at May 26. 2014 04:32

[Post New]
    finally, a frozen response! i gave up on tech support. just to clarify, these work as patches & full/fresh installers. is this correct?

edit - yup, 2-in-1. seems to be an improvement in the installer/uninstaller. haven't tested frozen.

i must say i'm pleased with this beta release, i hope you throw out more beta releases and regularly. let the users be the testers [optionally of course] and thus tested on a range of hardwares :

Edit 2 - tested frozen 2d where 1st stutter occurs only. Played fine. Although the general playback seemed a little jerky.

Powerdvd task managers services are slow to close after closing bd playback. Sometimes as long as 10 secs

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 06. 2014 10:24

재형 [Avatar]
    Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2014 03:28 Messages: 1 Offline
    [Post New]
    Thank you for this beta patch update.
    All the skips in playing "frozen" I observed before disappeared wiht this update.

Thank you.
    [Post New]
    http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38660.page

Apparently the right click context menu that requires removing manually from regedit has returned. my tests didn't show a return but apparently poster has the issue as of beta

Maybe if you update the installers 12/13/14 with the option to not install "play with powerdvd x" in the first place

edit: i have done more research. for powerdvd 13, here asre the fix keys:-

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Classes\\SystemFileAssociations\\Audio\\Shell\\PowerDVD13CommandVerb
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Classes\\SystemFileAssociations\\Video\\Shell\\PowerDVD13CommandVerb
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Classes\\SystemFileAssociations\\Image\\Shell\\PowerDVD13CommandVerb

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\Audio\\Shell\\PowerDVD13CommandVerb
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\Image\\Shell\\PowerDVD13CommandVerb
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\Video\\Shell\\PowerDVD13CommandVerb

i have a few keys present for powerdvd 12 but not for 14. 14 is a fresh install. while 13 + 12 have been patched/updated etc. i think the issue exists if you update these 3 powerdvd versions. as such the uninstallers need to check + remove these keys from version 12/13/14

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 11. 2014 21:14

Pete 12 [Avatar]
    Member Joined: Aug 21, 2012 09:07 Messages: 96 Offline
    [Post New]
    Hi,can you tell me where I can find this option " dont install with "play with PowerDVD14" ?? I have never noticed such option, so we have to delete this keys manual from the registry, every time you update or upgrade the program !!

btw, did you install this beta-patch and did you noticed any improvements ? If not so, we better not install this beta ( why should you ?) Do NOT GIVE UP!! CyberLink updates PDVD12 next month for solving these frustrating problem!!
    Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
    [Post New]
    Hi,
    I added the patch download of v4028 beta to the first posting.

Notice: users who face the "cannot install" issue need to download the full build and not the patch - all other users can try the patch - feedback is very welcome

br
    Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
    [Post New]
    As of this beta patch, frozen disc is jerky when pause/seek

Powerdvd 11 has always had this issue. Now it's back

Edit - uninstaller hasn't changed upon further inspection. Also pete 12 is correct when you uninstall powerdvd double clicking bluray disc comes up with an error because it says "PlayWithPowerdvd14.0" on discs especially bluray

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 23. 2014 13:20

[Post New]

This thread is now closed as we released final patch on 05/26

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38888.page Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan