Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Question about video quality after rendering.
MrPadded [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2014 02:42 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Hey there,

I've made my first two videos using powerdirector 12 and I love the program.

My first video is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqOG7sIXflw

My second here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRsSnm4lAS0

The second (which is still being edited) when rendered with the exact same settings and both were done with the same camera and in the same format but the second isn't the same quality when rendered. It's like it's missing frames per second or something.

I'm not sure if I've knocked some setting but it all appears the same to me.

Can someone help me with this?
Jimbo223 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 25, 2012 02:59 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
Nice vids.

Check your original footage from the camera against each other just to make sure they have the same specifications (frame size and frame rate). Did you download/install anything between the making of the two?

Some PD users have had issues running PD and editing on a single drive.
It's best to have a separate drive for editing and one for where all your Windows applications run.

Check your PC for malware or system updates running in the background when you least expect them to.
Also, its usually best not to have your anti-virus running while editing as it can interfere.
This also means disconnecting from the internet.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, I don't see a whole lot of difference in the videos on you tube. The first one automatically selected high definition while the second started playing at 360 definition. When I changed the first one to 360, it looked more like the second. When I selected the second one to play at HD, they looked the same.

In neither case did I see any artifacts in the title slide pages.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 24. 2014 12:58

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.