Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Run PowerDVD from command line.
RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

I want to play a video file using PowerDVD13 from the Run command.

C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\PowerDVD13.exe opens PowerDVD13 OK, but I run into problems when I want to open a particular file.

I thought adding "C:\Users\Robert\My Videos\Alaska\Bear.avi" should work, but it doesn't.

Is it possible to achieve what I want?

Thanks in advance

Robert
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
you may check below link:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/27715.page

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
RobertWA [Avatar]
[Post New]
Michael,

Thanks for the reply, but I got an error message saying that Windows cannot find PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe

What can I do now?

I don't appear to have PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe on my computer. Should it have been installed as part of thePowerDVD13 installation? A couple of things I read seemed to indicate that PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe was associated with earlier versions of PowerDVD and perhaps not Version 13? Is this correct? I also noticed that I have a file called PDVDLP.exe - is this relevant?

Thanks

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 18. 2014 02:12

RobertWA [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Michael,

I tried using PDVDLP.exe (is this the Version 13 equivalent of PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe?) as follows:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\PDVDLP.exe" "D:\Bears 1.avi"

This opens PowerDVD13 and plays the file. Now, is there a way to close PowerDVD13 when the avi file is finished?

Thanks

Robert
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
no there is no way to close - at least I don't know any way

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
RobertWA [Avatar]
[Post New]
Michael

Thanks

Robert