Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't Activate Power Media Player Bundle (App Store) iOS
kwilks3 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 08, 2014 12:11 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I'll post this in here because I've been going round and round with support, but I feel like I'm being blown off. I'm getting very generic cut and paste answers that are not even relevant to the questions I asked Cyberlink Support.

The Power Media Player Bundle on the App Store can not be activated to remove the ads. It clearly states in the description of the app that you must input you 8 digit serial to remove the ads from the app, only the app never asks for the serial, nor is there anywhere to input it within the app.

Check out the apps description highlighted in red(sorry large picture, so I made it a thumbnail):

This is what I get to look at every couple minutes or so:

Cyberlink, fix your app please!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 16. 2014 20:18

markw [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 14, 2014 12:27 Messages: 74 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry you have to go through this but there is actually a way. Try the tip below.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16805.page#84341 Windows 7, i3, 4GB RAM.
kwilks3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, but that link is for PowerDvD. This is in regards to the app available on the App Store.
ruggerosimone [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 16, 2014 14:58 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
same problem here. you are not alone!
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Did you buy the app or did you buy a version where the app was free with a purchased product?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 17. 2014 08:46

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
ruggerosimone [Avatar]
[Post New]
Free whit media suite ultimate
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Free whit media suite ultimate

Did you open Power DVD and get the number to register the app?

Note: This version of Power Media Player is designed for PowerDVD Live and PowerDVD Ultra users and needs to be activated to remove advertisements. The activation key is released with the purchase of the latest PowerDVD Live and PowerDVD Ultra software.

Note the version you have has just been released and perhaps there is a problem with the registration. I know the old version worked fine. I'll try it later today.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 17. 2014 08:52

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
ruggerosimone [Avatar]
[Post New]
It is referred ti PMP of Windows version, in the iPhone version there isn't activation field where write code
stevek
[Post New]
Quote: It is referred ti PMP of Windows version, in the iPhone version there isn't activation field where write code

OOPs, I just realized that I had the app updated (automatically) and I missed it. I did not need to reactivate it. Did you have a version on your

I-device before this? Did you look at the help files on your iPhone? .
kwilks3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just recently bought PowerDVD 13 Ultra. The name of the app was changed just before I made my purchase and installed the current version of the app. I've gone over all the FAQ's on the site. I've contacted Cyberlink support several times via email and phone, and all they did was send me the same links even though I told them I had already gone over all of them. There is nothing in the "help" section on the app about activating it. My experience with support has been very disappointing. I had different options as far as buying software to do what I needed it to prior to this, and I'm regretting buying this one as it stands now. I can honestly say that I would not recommend it to anyone I know.

As it stands, the app works, but I get pop-ups every minute or two watching a video. It's really annoying considering that I have purchased the program, I have the code, but can do nothing with the code.
ruggerosimone [Avatar]
[Post New]
👍 i've bought too media suite ultimate 11 whit five obsolete program. Incredible. I try whit custom care for a friendly solution for upgeade ti the last version of products. I hope!
stevek
[Post New]
Quote: 👍 i've bought too media suite ultimate 11 whit five obsolete program. Incredible. I try whit custom care for a friendly solution for upgeade ti the last version of products. I hope!

Return it within 30 days. The programs are not obsolete; they just do not have the latest version - it was clearly stated which versions were included.

Please do not use a SMART phone to posty here. It is not very smart. I really don't understand what your post has to do with the portable version on an Iphone? .
stevek
[Post New]
Quote: I just recently bought PowerDVD 13 Ultra. The name of the app was changed just before I made my purchase and installed the current version of the app. I've gone over all the FAQ's on the site. I've contacted Cyberlink support several times via email and phone, and all they did was send me the same links even though I told them I had already gone over all of them. There is nothing in the "help" section on the app about activating it. My experience with support has been very disappointing. I had different options as far as buying software to do what I needed it to prior to this, and I'm regretting buying this one as it stands now. I can honestly say that I would not recommend it to anyone I know.

As it stands, the app works, but I get pop-ups every minute or two watching a video. It's really annoying considering that I have purchased the program, I have the code, but can do nothing with the code.

So you are saying that you bought the software just to get the "free" mobile application?

Sorry, I do not have an I-device. I just downloaded the free version to my Android device that didn't have it before. It installed quickly. When I opened it, I went to register it by selecting the "gear" icon. The first option in the list was to activate the free version. I put in the 8 digit code and it activated it. So far I have not received any advs. You may want to try to delete the app entirely and then reinstall it. As soon as you open it, go to the "gear" icon and select the first option to activate it. .
kwilks3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:

So you are saying that you bought the software just to get the "free" mobile application?
No, I needed a program to play Blu-Rays, but the DLNA server and mobile app were options I was looking for, and ultimately the reason I went with this software instead of a few others

Quote: Sorry, I do not have an I-device. I just downloaded the free version to my Android device that didn't have it before. It installed quickly. When I opened it, I went to register it by selecting the "gear" icon. The first option in the list was to activate the free version. I put in the 8 digit code and it activated it. So far I have not received any advs. You may want to try to delete the app entirely and then reinstall it. As soon as you open it, go to the "gear" icon and select the first option to activate it.
I wish this was the case for me. When I push the gear icon, there is no options to input a code.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 17. 2014 14:48

stevek
[Post New]
So what have you got to lose to uninstall and thern reinstall the free version and before you do anything, activate it?

Sorry I can't be of more help. .
kwilks3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I appreciate the help, but I have done this. The "free version" is part of the deal, but I'm given a code to input to get rid of the ads, and there's were the problem starts, there is nowhere to input the code. The app needs to be fixed. Cyberlink keeps jerking me around saying to do exactly what you said, but I've told them over and over, that option doesn't exist in this version of the app. They need to patch it.
stevek
[Post New]
If you chose NOT to activate it (for whatever reason) or just didn;t see the activation when it was first installed you may not be able to retroactively activate it.

That is why I suggested for you to remove it and reinstall it. I looked and my version number is different that your (not surprisingly) and I had one more option in the about screen -video".

I guess that you will just have to wait until someone with an i-device comes along to help. Which i-device do you have and what ios? The next person might need it.

kwilks3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks,
iOS 7.1.0, iPhone 5s

I was aware of the activation process. PowerDVD 13 told me about the app. I followed the directions to a T, but was never asked about an activation code to input.
ruggerosimone [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: 👍 i've bought too media suite ultimate 11 whit five obsolete program. Incredible. I try whit custom care for a friendly solution for upgeade ti the last version of products. I hope!

Return it within 30 days. The programs are not obsolete; they just do not have the latest version - it was clearly stated which versions were included.

Please do not use a SMART phone to posty here. It is not very smart. I really don't understand what your post has to do with the portable version on an Iphone?

sorry for use obsolete...my english is very bad.. why i cant use my smartphone in this forum? where is written for example that power media player is de express version? i have contacted support about mu problem, in this forum i have expressed an opinion of disappointment. that is all. is not possible? sorry if i have been inappropriate.
stevek
[Post New]
Quote:

sorry for use obsolete...my english is very bad.. why i cant use my smartphone in this forum? where is written for example that power media player is de express version? i have contacted support about mu problem, in this forum i have expressed an opinion of disappointment. that is all. is not possible? sorry if i have been inappropriate.

The combination of the language issue and the typographical errors using the smartphone make your posts very difficult to understand. I still don;t understand the comment about "de express version". Please clarify.

Yes, you can express your dissatisfaction with the purchase but please do not hijack (steal) someone else's thread. Please create your own. As you know, we are users just like you so we do not have any ability to change, modify or suggest to Cyberlink what to do.

You said smart phone so I gather that is not an apple device therefore your post has diverted the thread from its original intent.

Have you considered using a translator to help with the English postings? Perhaps that will get you more directed information. We are willing and anxious to help if we can but you must go more than half way to provide the information.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 18. 2014 11:09