Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director Activation
Renee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 22, 2008 19:28 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I have PD7 Trial and have purchased activation. The download is completed...several times now...but the specific file does not come with it...I have disable windows defender, I have no Gizmo or like adware scanner, and use AVG for spy ware....I have disable everything I can including the firewall..I have talked to support....

I have no issues or problems downloading other products...what am I missing?

I enter the key code and it says brows back to the file downloaded and saved...I have also just tried running rather than saving..and it says it cannot be unpacked...
Renee
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Renee,

Um you have lost me, what are you trying to do.

Are you trying to activate the trial version? it can't be done

When you purchased PD7, you would have been sent an activation key and a link to download the full version, you must download the full version.

Or, are you having difficulty in downloading the full version?

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Renee [Avatar]
[Post New]
hmmm I have pressed Purchase at the opening of the trial version paid for it, received a key and an additional download...so was that additional download the full version? if not how do I download the full version?

RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
When you purchased PD7, you would have been sent an email with the key and download link, this link is for the full version. the full version is 646MB .

If you have downloaded the full version and are having difficulty installing,
uninstall the trial version, follow the instructions given in Part C of the following link, then install the full version

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 23. 2008 00:20

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Renee [Avatar]
[Post New]
Okay, I will do that. I downloaded a new copy yesterday...pressed run...it couldn't unpack it. So I will start over and let you know starting with removing the trial version and reinstalling. Renee
Renee [Avatar]
[Post New]
removed original trial version...
downloaded it again
downlaoded the full version
tried to activate with the key...going to the full version to do so...and it says the PDR7_Trial_Pack File is not found....am I looking in the wrong place?
Renee [Avatar]
[Post New]
still no luck
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Renee,

Robert's instruction are correct.
1. Uninstall the trial
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
PART C
2. You will have received an email with download information - please follow the instructions

The next stage would be for you to contact Customer Support.
http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/support_index.html

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Dennis [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2008 16:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the exact same problem. I have contacted support, and got two pages of instructions that essentially had the same recommendations as posted here. I looked for those files, and they were not there. Apparently, the uninstall had taken care of that. I was given a link to download the product again, but it is apparently going to take 6-8 hours to complete the download, where I only had to wait about an hour the first time. According to the recommendations, I cannot run any other IE applications during that time, and that's not an option for that length of time. I will have to start it when I leave work. I tried downloading from the original location again, but it told me I was only allowed 5 attempts. I am wasting way too much of my time just trying to get this program loaded. Is there any other solution to try?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: According to the recommendations, I cannot run any other IE applications during that time, and that's not an option for that length of time.

That info only applies when you do an actual installation NOT during a download.

Dafydd
Dennis [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2008 16:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the info. The instructions they sent me clearly states:

"Kindly do not run any Internet applications while downloading PowerDVD installation file". (I assume they meant PowerDirector.)

The original executable was named:

CyberLink_PowerDirector7_1915_VDE071008-01_080718.exe

and the link they sent me is:

http://isales.gocyberlink.com/download/CS_Dept/PowerDirector/PDR7_1915_VDE071008-01.exe

Are these the same files, and is there another souce from which I can download?

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
A download occupies bandwidth - all they are trying to do is secure you the maximum download speed - they are also trying to ensure no corruption takes place if you run an additional program or another download.

I tend to carry on working on my PC and surf the next.... up to you what you want to do.

As for the "080718" I think it's the date of creation of the file.
08 = 2008
07 = July
18 = day
or the date you made the original purchase.

When I date files the acceptable format to me is year/month/day for a PC. It means that files sort logically in date (numerical...PC...) order and can be found.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 07. 2008 14:52

Stephen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 07, 2008 17:30 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Cyberlink seems to have issues with their resellers and activation keys. I've been trying to get a key for 24 hours. CL blames Digital River but every link at DR goes back to Cyberlink. No replies from support. This is the worst experience with paying to DL software. It would be easier to use a pirated copy DL from Bit Torrent.
sally [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 08, 2008 04:21 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
am relieved to find I am not alone........................

this is my problem

took the upgrade link from my power director express 5.0
purchased download
sucessful down load

unable to install

error message reads

UNABLE TO INSTALL UPGRADE
YOUR SYSTEM MUST HAVE POWERDIRECTOR 4.0 RETAIL VERSION OR ABOVE INSTALLED, INSTALLATION WILL ABORT.

the upgrade is for the basic pack that came with my JVC ....... have now gone way past furious frustration to utter disbelief........ scanning through this forum has been an education.

Perhaps CYBERLINK EXECUTIVES should have a look for themselves as they are developing a rather questionable reputation from where I am sitting.

ANYONE any suggestions............??????????????????????????????????

Sally in deepest Devon......UK

Ashly Elbert [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 04, 2008 09:29 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Sally

Please contact the CyberLink support and they will provide you solution to this issue. They will provide you complete steps to uninstall the previous version after which you will be able to install the software without any issues.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 08. 2008 10:11

Rayj2011 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 29, 2008 12:37 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]

Always pay the extra and get the CD...........
foreyes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 05, 2008 04:34 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for your help guys.. newbie here (yes another one) ... lol
with same problem as 'Dennis' agrees with 'Stephen' and 'Sally' here is 'my' story

tried and liked pd'ancient'.. can't remember the version .. so old .. thought I'd upgrade to version 7... tried the trial .. loved it...

BOUGHT pd7!!! downloaded.. and discovered same problem as 'Dennis' that is - had reg key, but looking for a file... undescribed... could not open the file... error code reads " The filename you specified is not in the Activation Pack, please browse to the correct one and try again." .. (the CORRECT one being???)..got in touch with support... who gave me a link to another 'full' file not needing a 'pak'-
PDR7_1915_VDEO71008-01.exe ( I provided support with screen prints by the way).. I tried to download this file no less than 7 times... finally got it in whole... 635,089kb

tried to install it (on WinXp) and get this message:"The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file, verify its integrity, and try again. ok "

Well ... I tried again,... and again... and again... and again... two days later I got in touch with support again... and this is what I said:

Well after 2 days of trying and 8 attempts I finally get this PowerDirector
7.0 (build: 1915) file whole - the connection kept timing out.
At one stage I thought of trying to download it via IE, which also dropped out. I paused my anti-virus and made sure I had nothing running whilst downloading. My connection is ADSL2 and it is the first week of the month -
I cannot see why the download was so slow.

Now trying to install the file and thought it wise to uninstall all
previous version first, my computer gives me an error code that this file is corrupted!

I will try one more time if that doesn't work I will have to look for
alternative programs as well as give my friends and family the 'no go'
message for Cyberlink Power Director!

In the meantime I expect to get what I paid for, would a hard copy of your program be more reliable? If you mean "We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you have been caused."
would you please send me a disc copy of the program free of charge?

My patience is running very thin

I believe they are sending me a disc... haven't received it yet... am very close to ringing Credit Card and pulling out... its a shame I really like that earlier version (I think it was version 2!! ) except you couldn't put an audio track on it, and I wanted to move forward.

Sorry - this is a long 'short' reply... just wanted to thank you guys for helping and also to let you know that yes, there are many more people with the SAME problems... I will keep reading this post and keep you up to date -- for now .-- I'd rather forget about Cyberlink!!!!!