Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using PD7 to Upload Video to YouTube
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 19, 2008 12:38 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
With Power Director 7 DeLuxe, what do I need to do to make my video YouTube-compatible?

I’m an amateur in these things, so be patient.

YouTube suggestions: the video should be under 10 minutes in length; mine is 6 minutes. They say they accept most video file formats, including wmv. They recommend MPEG4 format at 640x480 resolution (tho they also mention 320x240), with MP3 audio (64k mono). My video is different so I need to change it to meet YouTube requirements; that’s why I bought Power Director 7. My video was shot in mini-DV format; YouTube says they accept such material.

With Power Director, I press the Produce button and get the Production Wizard. It seems I can create a Streaming File that will give me a file for streaming over the internet. It gives me a quantity of choices, none of which match the YouTube requirements. When I press the YouTube button, the Production Wizard gives me more choices: the format WMV, Real Video and Quick Time Movie. It does not tell me which I should use to upload to YouTube. None of them seem to match the YouTube requirements, either.

I have tried to upload my 6-minute video to YouTube a number of times; each time it was rejected because it was not compatible with YouTube. I bought Power Director 7 because the advertising said I could easily upload my videos to YouTube with it. Hardly. I’ve struggled with this for days. Please help.

T I A, peterquince2200

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Take a look at one of the following guides (test) - it will help you

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART K
YouTube uploading:

Dafydd
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 19, 2008 12:38 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your help.
Pekka [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 21, 2008 15:05 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
IN DEEP TROUBLE... Went though the steps back and forth pretty much twice and patience is wearing down. Ultra v7 doedn't mention "authorize" word anywhere on the screen as said. However it uploads the filick ok and claim everything was uploaded ok. My YouTube account is in perfect condition but I just cant upload this first production of mine. Footage is all shot by me and even tiny test track wont upload. I'm suppose to upload first local production On Sunday night and all my time is wasted to solve this matter! 4 full days on solving issue is a lot.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

Here's the latest info I have on this matter:

YouTube changed the upload format AND CyberLink contacted Youtube about this issue and Youtube change the server back. Your video should now successfully upload onto Youtube via PDR.

Dafydd

Pekka [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 21, 2008 15:05 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
matter got fixed. In Business. Thx.
roger608 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Florida, USA Joined: Apr 21, 2009 16:15 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Been having the same problem with PD7. It will create mp4 file then proceed to "upload" it to my account but video never appears in my YouTube account. On the other hand, I can upload the same file directly to my YouTube account and all is fine. PD7 is sending the file into cyberspace but who knows where?

Ideas, solutions??
Thanks AMD FX8350 8 CORE, 16GB, Win 10 Home Prem 64-bit, GTX 1050 2GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB Hitachi SATA 2, PD16
Tony [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2009 15:04 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Exactly the same issue Roger. It uploads (slowly) but nothing appears in the My Videos section on YouTube. Can anyone help us???
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Resurrecting an old post on this forum does not mean you will be answered. It is far better to post as a new topic and reference (url link) back to an old post. In that way the information can be compared by a forum member who will answer you as best they can.

As well as the above some basic information on what version and build of PowerDirector is essential. A forum member would then look, assess and perhaps point you in the right direction.

The above comments will be added as a guide to Newbies.

As you've
1. posted on an old topic which by the look of the answers given was resolved.
2. reading the question you've posted makes me immediately wonder what build of PD7 you have.
3. I appear to have to guess at a possible solution without the relevant information.
4. I suggest you check out the software patch updates. http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-update.do

Did that help?

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 09. 2009 16:54