Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 Keeps closing down
Michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2008 14:59 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
Can anyone help me,I seem to have a problem that when i am using the program the program closes down.I get a message saying windows is closing this program as there is a problem.this happens at various stages but always happens.

here is a copy of the Problem signature if it helps

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: PDR.exe
Application Version: 7.0.0.1628
Application Timestamp: 4815ab97
Fault Module Name: PDR.exe
Fault Module Version: 7.0.0.1628
Fault Module Timestamp: 4815ab97
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000b3db5
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.2
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: ddd4
Additional Information 2: 417e35773eba32d1520469ecb8fb26a5
Additional Information 3: 2096
Additional Information 4: 6d8c8bbc943691816c50786f9a0d4d23

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 750612787

I do run Vista,but it does the same on my XP computer.

Thanking you

Michael
James [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 04, 2008 00:42 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
The same thing seems to be happening to me too.

I also am using XP.

How do I find the error report on my computer, such as the one you posted? Is that a Vista report? I did find windows xp error log. (posted below). Is that it?

Faulting application pdr.exe, version 7.0.0.1714, faulting module mfc71u.dll, version 7.10.3077.0, fault address 0x00024f91.

Faulting application pdr.exe, version 7.0.0.1714, faulting module pdr.exe, version 7.0.0.1714, fault address 0x0000ff25.

Faulting application pdr.exe, version 7.0.0.1714, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x000122ba.

I've had several of each of the above errors.

Jim Jim Clark
Michael [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi James
Yes I got this report from my Vista machine,The problem is very anoying as I have made one dvd with no problem but now I get this closing down problem all the time.

Michael
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Michael and james,

Michael, you actually only mentioned in your second post as to what you were doing to have this event happen.
James, you just agreed you had a an error message.

Both of you have to start to consider the reader - there isn't a magic book which indicates what precisely an error message means so you have to start explaining your actions more. I could jump in and just guess of course with "it's because you didn't feed the birds this morning"... okay I know that's a bit "off birdtable" (off base) but I'm sure you're getting the gist of this. Information and the presentation of it is the key to getting a solution.

Please read the guides at:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART D, E, F.

Now also please contact customer support and give them all the information: http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/support_index.html

One guess I would suggest is you've got a corrupt install or download of the program.

Remember, the key to a reader understanding is information AND images help a lot.

Dafydd
Michael [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi
Thank you for all your help regarding this matter, As it seems you need to be a computer wizard to try and resolve this matter and hours/days/weeks of free time I think I will find another program.

Thanks

Michael
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok Michael,

You don't need to be a PC geek, just logical in the presentation of information.

Please contact CyberLink Customer support - they will help you.

Dafydd
James [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 04, 2008 00:42 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd,

I *am* actually a computer geek of sorts. Had a consulting business for a while.

I always go through logical debugging steps before frustration sets in. I've reinstalled and tried to duplicate this issue for hours.

It is not as if I'm doing a specific thing then when the shutdown occurs. Those types problems are faily easy to identify and correct. It seems to shutdown when I'm switching between scenes rapidly, editing, and then on to another. It's as if the program can't keep up and shuts down.

I seriously doubt that a ready fix exists. I suspect that this new version is a little buggy, but with enough press via this forum and emails to support, a rebuild will be forthcomming. I'm not changing to another program, PD6/PD7 was my change from an even buggier program.

However, due to other problems with PD7, such as not importing subtitles from PD6 projects, will most likely send my back to PD6. The bugginess of PD7 is understadable, but the problem with subtitles is not. I hope that is fixed *very* soon.

I see your name a lot on this forum and appreciate the time you put in to help so many in need.

Jim Jim Clark
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Jim,

Your write up made a lot of sense. I'll pass on the gist of it directly to the group working on PD.

I've sent you a PM.

Thanks

Dafydd

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 07. 2008 13:25

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, I've already written to Jim and have an investigation underway regarding the subtitle issue PD6/PD7.

Both of you are using an earlier build of PD7.

Please contact Customer Support and request the latest build of PD7 v1829 http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/support_index.html

State a reason.... re your post will do.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 08. 2008 14:58

Wesley R. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2008 11:28 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
The following was submitted to Tech Support as a Question, but have not received a response.

Please make available to me PowerDirector 7 Ultra, Build v1829.

I currently have 7.00.1714 and continue to have problems with it. I have tried all of the Tech Support suggestions and the Forum suggestions.

Open issues:
1. On a 3 hour video, sound on later clips is out of sync with images. On a 2 hour video sound on later clips is also out of sync with images. Using Smart-Fit.
2. When I burn to either file folder or DVD, Windows encounters an error and needs to close.
3. If I add Chapters, then change a Title on a clip that is also a Chapter, then the burn never completes. It fails anywhere between 21% and 98% done, and either stops processing or I get a burn failure.
4. If I use Color, Lighting adjustment, I cannot burn to either a file folder or DVD.

Source files are 1920x1080 taken on a Canon HF10 video camera. Output is to DVD-RW with current firmware. OS is Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (SP3). 4 GB RAM, 100 GB hard drive free. Lite-On DVD-R DL firmware is updated to current 04 version. Have done the uninstall, delete registry entries, reinstall, does not correct problems.

I have contacted Tech Support three times, trying to get a resolution. The information above was submitted to Tech Support. It showed in My Inquires as Time Sent 2008/07/09 Time Answered 2008/07/09, but on July 10 when I clicked on the Question ID, it said that it could not find the file. On July 11, the Question ID is no longer showing in My Inquires. Previous Question ID were CS000530530. The last entry no longer shows on the page.

This software has been very frustrating to use, and Tech Support appears to sending generic responses, and not reviewing the history of my previous submissions.

I started using PowerDirector 7 Ultra because it was reviewed as the best software, but in my case, there appear to be multiple problems with it.

Wes
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Wes,

I have just read your post.

You have raised a number of points which interest me. I'd like to have the pds file of your project - the one that has the audio sync issue.

As for the other parts they certainly appear irritating and need to be fixed.

I will send you a PM for the pds. All the details will be passed onto CyberLink - heads of departments etc.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 11. 2008 10:24

Wesley R. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2008 11:28 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

Thank you for the prompt response. I will check for your PM.

Wes
Dickflyfisherman [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: May 29, 2008 09:34 Messages: 197 Offline
[Post New]
Would be nice if the forum and software folks at PD would compensate the vast customer base for testing their product.. I do love the software but it seems a little underhanded to supply a free trial program that runs without bugs on most home computers, then when you buy the full verzion all hell breaks lo0se.

Support has been helpful in the past but the customer must spend excessive time in explanation, then support spends about 2 seconds forwarding a canned response

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 21. 2009 12:57

Dickflyfisherman [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: May 29, 2008 09:34 Messages: 197 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Would be nice if the forum and software folks at PD would compensate the vast customer base for testing their product.. I do love the software but it seems a little underhanded to supply a free trial program that runs without bugs on most home computers, then when you buy the full verzion all hell breaks loose in the form of way too many issues and unexplained error codes. Is there an error code page available? at minimum when you do get the error code their could be a brief explanation as to why and a link to solutions, that ain't all that hard to program even for a dummy like me.
Compaq__ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 21, 2009 16:39 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I agree guys. I have been using the product for a few months and it crashes more often than I'd like. Also, now I've got the video out of sync with sound problem! I spend way too much time fixing problems caused by bugs in this software. They now released V8 with NEW features? I suggest they make sure the current version works before throwing out another version with even more bugs no doubt.

Rediculous