Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Activating Power Director 7 Ultra
Jacques Wagner [Avatar]
Newbie Location: South Africa Joined: Jun 28, 2008 00:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I'm from South Africa, I just downloaded the trial version and decided I want the full version. However on completion of my purchase, it said I need to activate the program by pointing to a Trial Version .Exe file. The link to this file will be sent in a mail, I did not receive a mail. Can someone please tell me how or where to download said Trial Activation Patch.

Thanks

Jacques

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 28. 2008 00:56

It's Better To Have And Not Need, Than To Need And Not Have
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Uninstall the trial build - there isn't an "activation patch".

See info guide below. You're not the first to have this issue.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART C

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 28. 2008 03:06

Tim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 02, 2008 03:07 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
If that doesn't work, do what I did. Uninstall the "trial" version, then reinstall the full version.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: If that doesn't work, do what I did. Uninstall the "trial" version, then reinstall the full version.

Tim. Please read my post again and follow the information trail... you'll see the answer I gave was explicit.

I could also have instructed PART P

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 03. 2008 03:27

Tim [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry - not sure why but I misread your post - I thought you suggested a patch. My bad.

Since I had uninstalled the trial and reinstalled the "pay for" version prior to seeing this posting, I did not perform the registry edits. Do you envision this being a problem?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 03. 2008 14:33

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tim,
The standard uninstall usually works fine BUT ...... there is always a need to consider a full uninstall and the method to achieve this when additional problems and functionality happen. Knowing how to correct a situation when you hit that screaming hair pulling moment can help.

Dafydd
Tim [Avatar]
[Post New]
Great - thanks for the advice! Hopefully I will not reach the hair pulling moment...sounds painful.