Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
POWERDIRECTOR 7, CREATE DISC FAILS TO GENERATE CHAPTER OR TEMPLATE
Clive [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 15, 2008 10:49 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
POWERDIRECTOR 7.00.1628
On one m/c but not another, if I drop say aquarium.mpg into video line and then click tab "create disc", it says Initializing, gets to 5% and then stops until report generated for Microsoft which I send off.
Removing roxio, anti virus, has had no effect, Clean reinstall has not effect. I suspect graphics issue because what should come up is the template selection.

I have gone around a loop with tech support. Accordingly, am interested in anyone who has had the issue and found a solution.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Contact Customer Support http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/support_index.html and ask for PD7 build version 1714, then repeat your test and post your results.

Dafydd
[Post New]
I'm experiencing the same problem even with version 7.1714 (as mentioned in the other reply). I receive an ‘Error signature’ that cites ModName: menutemplate.dll as the culprit. I wanted to check this area first for an answer because I dread to start the vicious loop with Tech Support. It's like trying to pull a tooth without anesthesia.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've sent IndyGirl some instructions to carry out as she has the latest build 1714.

Dafydd
[Post New]
Update - - - I just received a replacement dll file from our resident Senior Contributor and it seems to have fixed the problem. The menu template area now loads just fine. Thank you Dafydd!
Clive [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 15, 2008 10:49 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
As above contributor the dll fixes the same problem in the earlier release too. Problem solved, case closed. Thanks to Dafydd.
Sen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 27, 2008 22:47 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd,
Can I also have the dll file here? Will this solve my problem too?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Pm sent - I'd need your email address.

Dafydd