Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Putting text into dialog templates
medlgl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 07, 2013 14:40 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I have been trying to figure out how to place a text box in a dialog template, but with zippo success! Is there a way to it? I haven't been able to locate a text box activator of any kind within the dialog template module. Interestingly, I can't fathom the purpose of a dialog template without there being a way to load it with text.

Anyone's assistance is definitely appreciated.

Sincerely,

medlgl
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
There is an old Design tips for the Powerdirector Menu system. Some of this is out of date.

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/product-tutorial/enu/powerdirector/7/menudesigntips.jsp

Perhaps you can get enough information.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I don't have images to show you exactly but here is written explanation
With the video in top time line, there is on the left of library window Icons select the Icon with 3 period and a Subtitle screen opens.
Now on the screen there a line of text either click on that to edit, or from the screen where library was double click in the area where next is and add your text. you can customize the font color etc, and the position on the screen.
There is two types one chose which one you wish (one is written to disk, the other is stored on the disk) it will explain better than I.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
bushpilotmexico [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Penticton, BC Joined: Feb 23, 2018 13:43 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have been trying to figure out how to place a text box in a dialog template, but with zippo success! Is there a way to it? I haven't been able to locate a text box activator of any kind within the dialog template module. Interestingly, I can't fathom the purpose of a dialog template without there being a way to load it with text.

Sincerely,

medlgl

I have the same problem....I go to PIP and select a dialog box and insert it into my photo. Now I highlight, select "designer" but no option for text appears.

How do I put text into the dialog box?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have been trying to figure out how to place a text box in a dialog template, but with zippo success! Is there a way to it? I haven't been able to locate a text box activator of any kind within the dialog template module. Interestingly, I can't fathom the purpose of a dialog template without there being a way to load it with text.

Sincerely,

medlgl

I have the same problem....I go to PIP and select a dialog box and insert it into my photo. Now I highlight, select "designer" but no option for text appears.

Got to Title Room ( F7) and select the 'Default Title'. Place the Default Title on a track below (higher Track Number) The PIP. open Title Designer and edit the Text in the box.

(Click in the box to edit the text ) Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

bushpilotmexico [Avatar]
[Post New]

Sincerely,

medlgl

Got to Title Room ( F7) and select the 'Default Title'. Place the Default Title on a track below (higher Track Number) The PIP. open Title Designer and edit the Text in the box.

(Click in the box to edit the text )

I appreciate your reply and did as you suggested. I am using the dialog bubble that looks like a cloud. I am looking at my photo on the preview screen and have adjusted the PIP so that it appears to be exiting a mouth. I open the default title and now on my photo I see the title box. First, it's no where inside the confines of the dialog bubble and I want about 4 lines of converstion to place therein.
How is it possible to have the text box appear within the bubble?
Carl312
[Post New]

Sincerely,

medlgl

I appreciate your reply and did as you suggested. I am using the dialog bubble that looks like a cloud. I am looking at my photo on the preview screen and have adjusted the PIP so that it appears to be exiting a mouth. I open the default title and now on my photo I see the title box. First, it's no where inside the confines of the dialog bubble and I want about 4 lines of converstion to place therein.
You can move the position of the Default Title, put your mouse cursor on the dashed line around the text, when you see the double arrow, press the left mouse button and drag the box to where you want it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 23. 2018 21:18

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

bushpilotmexico [Avatar]
[Post New]

Sincerely,

medlgl

You can move the position of the Default Title, put your mouse cursor on the dashed line around the text, when you see the double arrow, press the left mouse button and drag the box to where you want it.

I actually struggled this afternoon and yes did mange to place a text into the bubble exactly as you suggest. Now since I worked on a jpg I would liike to save it as a jpg but "Produce" doesn't give me that option. It appears I can only save it as a WMV file?
bushpilotmexico [Avatar]
[Post New]

Sincerely,

medlgl

I actually struggled this afternoon and yes did mange to place a text into the bubble exactly as you suggest. Now since I worked on a jpg I would liike to save it as a jpg but "Produce" doesn't give me that option. It appears I can only save it as a WMV file?

I figured it out I simply had to use the camera to take a "Snap Shot' thank you kindly for all your help.
bushpilotmexico [Avatar]
[Post New]

Sincerely,

medlgl

I figured it out I simply had to use the camera to take a "Snap Shot' thank you kindly for all your help.

One other little problem that i can't figure out. When I typed my text and moved it into the dialog bubble it appeared double spaced even though the line spacing was set at '0' so basically I couldn't cram all I wanted to say into the bubble and had to edit my text. Any suggestions would be appreciated.