Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Magic Tools Inoperative
Jack [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 21, 2008 02:14 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hi - Magic Tools Utilisation Problem

After successfully using Powerdirector V6 trial, I bought and downloaded PD V7. But none of the Magic Tools works. For instance, it is impossible to use the Auto Clean to change the colour of a video clip in the Edit mode as all the slider controls (brightness, contrast etc.) are greyed out.

Suspecting a corrupted download, I downloaded the 661,539MB file again and installing the file on a different computer gave the same problem.

Magic Tools worked excellently and most impressively on the trial PD V6.

Is there something that I'm overlooking? Or is there a difference between V6 and V7 in the operation of the Magic Tools. Or is the problem caused by corrupt downloaded files.

I have asked Cyberlink who has emailed that it will get back to me...

Can anyone help, please?

Jack
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jack,

What you're viewing is NOT normal and isn't what most of us have experienced.

1. Please read this posting:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3026.page
2. I want you to do some basic stuff - uninstall PD. I'm concerned you might have overwritten the trial but then you mentioned the other installation on a PC getting the same results. Do the uninstall and then post what results you have please. I'll likely ask for some specific information.
READ the following and carry out the tasks please.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART A, PART C, PART D

PART D is to get you to present information for others to duplicate the process.

Dafydd
Jack [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd for your advice. I appreciate your help and I'll follow your directions and get back to you.

Jack
Jack [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd

I ran PD7 on a third computer with the same result i.e no Magic Tools operable. I then carried out the first of the steps you suggested as follows:
I restored an Acronis image to put my main computer back to its pre-PD state. I then installed PD7 with identical results i.e. no Magic Tools operation.I ran the ...-posts/list/3026.page test - rt clicked a video clip and selected Edit video; color. As before the slide controls of Brightness, contrast etc were greyed (dimmed) out and inoperable.

Answer to Part A of ...-posts/list/2405.page:
Licensed to Jack N......
PowerDirector DeLuxe 7.00.1628a
SR Number VDE071008-01

As it's very late in Sydney now, I'll carry out tasks B, C & D tomorrow.

Once again many thanks for your help and interest in my problem

Jack
Jack [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd
I've completed the tasks you suggested. The problem persists.

I'm having trouble posting three attachments to the forum. They are: a text file describing the results (2KB), a DxDiag file (53KB) and a screen shot file (105KB). I'll post the two smaller files and the jpeg file separately.

Cheers

Jack
 Filename
Magic Tools Problem with PowerDirector De Luxe V 7.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Summary of tasks and their results of PD7 Magic Tool problem
 Filesize
1 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
293 time(s)
 Filename
JackNDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Characteristics of computer running PD V7
 Filesize
53 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
493 time(s)
Jack [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi

I'm having trouble posting the screen capture image that shows the Magic Tool problem I'm having with PowerDirector Version 7.

Will someone tell me how to post a jpeg attachment? Thanks.

Cheers

Jack
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Jack,

I think you've a corrupted PD7 version and need to download it again - an updated build version will help.

Attachments: Jpg has to be less than 100kb. I would convert it to a gif and see if that reduces it. Or lower the image quality and size a smidge.

I've put together a PD user group in your time-zone* who skype each other - let me know if you want to participate - PM me.

Dafydd

*Australia and New Zealand

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 22. 2008 03:55

Jack [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd

Yes. All the evidence points to corrupted downloads. I'll uninstall PD7 and clean up the registry before downloading the file again. Cyberlink determine the source of the download and its version so I guess I get what their people say I get.

I've resized the jpeg file which is attached.

Cheers

Jack
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
jpg... has gone walkabout in Oz??

Dafydd
Jack [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd

I'll try once again with a cropped screen shot with a file size of 43 KB

Cheers

Jack
[Thumb - JackNPD7MagicProblem3.jpg]
 Filename
JackNPD7MagicProblem3.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Cropped Screen shot showing greyed out controla
 Filesize
43 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
245 time(s)
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jack,

You have certainly had some issues, make sure you download build 1714, if its still build 1628a, ask Cyberlink for a link to the updated version, they will provide it to you.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Jack [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Robert

The information on the download link site provided by Cyberlink tonight is identical to the previous one but no information has been provided on the build.
Is it possible to check the build before I download the file? - it's a big download and at my ADSL download speed of 512 Kbps, a long one.
I've downloaded it twice already and I don't want to make it four times by downloading build 1628a again and then having to get build 1714.
How do I contact Cyberlink? - I emailed them 3 days ago and all I've had is routine acknowledgement - no answer to my problems. I've had great assistance from Dafydd but silence from Cyberlink.

Cheers

Jack
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jack,

I am speaking to Dafydd at the moment and he says check your mail, he has sent you the correct link

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Jack [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi

Update

Dafydd has just provided me with the link for downloading build 1714.

Thanks, Dafydd, I really appreciate all your help

Cheers

Jack

'If at first you don't succeed ..."
Georg (VI)
Senior Contributor Location: Korschenbroich / Deutschland Joined: Mar 18, 2007 09:27 Messages: 1309 Offline
[Post New]
I take a look at your 3. Screenshot. You must activate the color adjustment. Click with you mouspointer to the grey box before the text "color adjustment". Viele Gruesse Georg
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Jack.... I'm back again,

Please make sure you follow the uninstall instructions laid out in the link I gave earlier BEFORE you install PD7 1714. Make sure you clear out the previous PD registry keys - and double check this has been done with a couple of re-boots and check before re-installing PD7 1714

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 22. 2008 09:52

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jack, I've just looked at the image you uploaded...Ummmm.

There isn't anything wrong with the magic clean functions.

Just activate - tick the box and then move one of the sliders. see attached image.

Dafydd
[Thumb - sdukpdb136.jpg]
 Filename
sdukpdb136.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Magic Clean - activated.
 Filesize
72 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
179 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 22. 2008 10:01

Jack [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Georg

That is the answer to my problem So simple yet I missed it completely. Anyway, my thanks to you for the solution.
Also my thanks to Dafydd who has been so helpful and to Robert. Also to the Cyberlink forum - it's good to know that assistance is so readily available and so readily given.

Cheers

Jack