Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDR12.EXE Has Stopped Working Error [RESOLVED]
moisesmcardona [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Oct 23, 2012 11:48 Messages: 167 Offline
[Post New]
Exactly that is my issue. When I press either one of the 3 buttons the crash occurs.

Cyberlink replied my ticket and they want the dump information and software-related info... I'll send it and see what they say Main Machine: Jetway NF9G-QM77, Intel i7-3610QM, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB, 128gb SSD, Windows 10 Pro
Secondary Machine: Lenovo Y510p, Intel i7-4700MQ 2.4Ghz, 2x nVidia GT750M, 500GB SSHD, Windows 10 Education
visit http://moisescardona.video
[Post New]
I've got a feeling they'll send it to their R&D department just like mine. At least I know I'm not the only one with the problem. Hope this gets resolved soon.
moisesmcardona [Avatar]
[Post New]
I sent all the information they requested except the dump because the PDR12.exe process is not listed in the task manager due to the crashing... Main Machine: Jetway NF9G-QM77, Intel i7-3610QM, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB, 128gb SSD, Windows 10 Pro
Secondary Machine: Lenovo Y510p, Intel i7-4700MQ 2.4Ghz, 2x nVidia GT750M, 500GB SSHD, Windows 10 Education
JohnAlfa [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 17, 2012 08:19 Messages: 59 Offline
[Post New]
I have no input. Joining this thread so that I get an email when there are responses.

I want to update but I don't want the problems!!!!
[Post New]
I haven't heard anything back yet from customer support after they bumped it up to their R&D department. It's somewhat discouraging that they're not paying more attention to open tickets immediately after a new release.

As. soon as I hear something I'll update this thread.
moisesmcardona [Avatar]
[Post New]
Totally agree with you. CyberLink should be more active. In the reply to my ticket I wrote about this topic and that they need to see it urgently since other users are experiencing the same problem, but they have not replied the ticket. Main Machine: Jetway NF9G-QM77, Intel i7-3610QM, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB, 128gb SSD, Windows 10 Pro
Albert [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 08, 2013 17:34 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Albert_from_France :
On my new ASUS N750JV ( i7-4700HQ nvidia GT750M )
1- I installed PowerDirector 12 (trial version) : OK
2- I launched PDR12.exe : fail with message "PDR12.exe has stopped working"
3- I changed the properties to "run as administrator"
4- The launch of PDR12.exe OK and I can edit a project.
5- But when I clic on "Produce" to generate a film, then it fails with the same error : "PDR12.exe has stopped working"
6- The previous release V8 is still running correctly.

I am hopeful, just wait and see.

[Post New]
Obviously there is something seriously wrong with the package of files they released. What I don't understand is that some people are having no problems at all while others, such as myself, can't get anywhere.

This is the first time I have ever had a problem with PowerDirector and I've been using it for over 3 years now. I'm still hopeful it will be an easy, if not speedy, fix for Cyberlink and they will re-release the 'fixed' package.

Ever an optimist.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 09. 2013 18:03

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have found that if you use another graphic program (in my case Photo Paint X3), then open PD11 or PD12 I get stoppages. But if I re open it it is fine. Also which may be just coincidence if you don't get the "blue update arrow next to Power Director upper right" to be available it runs for awhile (depending what I am doing) it stops. I don't know if this is a coincidence or what. Not really sure.
If I start PD11/!2 Ultimate before my Paint program everything is fine.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
moisesmcardona [Avatar]
[Post New]
your tip is not working
I really think this is a bug with 4th gen Intel processors... Main Machine: Jetway NF9G-QM77, Intel i7-3610QM, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB, 128gb SSD, Windows 10 Pro
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
There is a link in my signature to my youTube channel if you go there and see if you can download the '4K Production maybe" and see if that works. It is just a short clip.
Jim
p.s. Not sure if this will help as I run windows 7 Premium 64Bit with i72600 processor@3.4GH and have 12Gb memory

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 09. 2013 22:52

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
[Post New]
STILL no response from Cyberlink. My opinion of the company is deteriorating with every passing hour.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi HighRise955, moisesmcardona and everyone else on this thread.

I have had a quick reply from CyberLink.

The root cause of the problem has been found.

In previous versions there was a problem regarding the detection of VGA* info for HW* acceleration, a new mechanism was introduced to work around the driver issue for PDR12.

Unfortunately the mechanism does not work with particular hardware combinations and OS (90% are Windows 8 ). A patch will be released within 7 days. Users who have the issue should contact Customer Support. I think those with the issue will get the patch first (not clear in what I've been informed). The patch will be published on the website after that.

The Trial builds will be refreshed/replaced next week.

* Video Graphics card/Hardware Acceleration

Dafydd
Forum Moderator (with this hat on)

Edit: moved the * info (wrongly positioned).

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 10. 2013 04:38

[Post New]
Dafydd,

Thanks a lot for the info and all your help in this matter. It is greatly appreciated!

Looking forward to the patch. I'll keep my eyes open for it. Thanks again for all your help.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Dafydd,

Thanks a lot for the info and all your help in this matter. It is greatly appreciated!

Looking forward to the patch. I'll keep my eyes open for it. Thanks again for all your help.

Hi HighRise955,
I fully understood "where you were coming from" with this issue.

Just to clarify: Those who contact Customer Support to report the problem will be provided the patch first and before it is published on the website (CyberLink's "Software Updates" page).

Dafydd
Forum Moderator (hat got a bit squiffy in the wind)
[Post New]
So can I assume my open ticket on the matter counts as 'contact'?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: So can I assume my open ticket on the matter counts as 'contact'?

Hi HighRise955,
I believe so, I'm checking.
Dafydd
Forum Moderator (looking geeky with this hat on sideways!)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi HighRise955,
Yes you will be contacted. There is no guarantee it'll fix all crash issues (different reasons for a crash etc). Expect to be contacted (by CS) within the next few days.
Dafydd
Forum Moderator
[Post New]
Thanks again Dafydd. I'll let you know how it goes.
moisesmcardona [Avatar]
[Post New]
Mine is also at "Open" status. Does the same applies for me? Main Machine: Jetway NF9G-QM77, Intel i7-3610QM, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB, 128gb SSD, Windows 10 Pro
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Mine is also at "Open" status. Does the same applies for me?

Hi moisesmcardona,
I certainly hope so and that applies to others with the same issue. Please let me (and the forum) know when you have the patch and have applied it.
Dafydd
Forum Moderator)