Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning unsuccessful error code e80070057
philm5d [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 01, 2013 17:13 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
.... followed by "the parameter incorrect". I receive this error message when trying to burn either to blu ray disc or to folder. Previously I burnt my first blu ray disc (Pioneer brand) without any "apparent" problems from this project but it turned out that the disc froze half way through when played in the bluray player so I was trying another brand of disc (TDK).

Now I cannot get anywhere without the error message. OS is Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit). PowerDirector 11 version 11.0.0.3026
I am not very PC savvy but I am desperate for help to save the hours I have put into editing this project. I did download and install the latest patch so I assume I'm up to date but this has made no difference.

Any help appreciated.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Lets start with diagnostics of your computer.

Part A and Part B (Click Link below)
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24771.page
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

philm5d [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Lets start with diagnostics of your computer.

Part A and Part B (Click Link below)
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24771.page

Thank you for responding here's the best I can do inc. attachments:

1. Which operating system do you use, W8, W7, Vista, XP? Windows 7 Home premium 64
2. Which version of PD, See Part A below 11 Ultimate
3. Which SR number (available in the "About" box of PD and is NOT the CD-Key!) Please see Original Post
4. What kind of video source material used (codec / container), extension? We often ask for a 5 to 10 second sample , please provide one as an attachment. Select "Post Reply > Attachments"
Files are .mts (AVCHD?), sorry that's all I know

5. A detailed step by step description of the problem. See Part D below.
Please see original post
6. What anti-virus solution is installed on your PC?
AVAST free Edn
7. What codec packs installed if any?
Sorry don't know - I did once install a codec for viewing Nikon RAW files
8. What other video editing programs are installed - just in case there is a software conflict?
None
9. What burning software is installed on your PC?
Nero
10. What type of blank disk was used, if you have a burning create issue (give the error code if any)?
TDK BD-R, however I cannot burn to hard drive either, same error message - see original post for error code.

11. What background processes / programs are running (especially important for problems with the burning) on your system? Ctrl+Alt+Delete will bring up Task manager and it'll list all applications running.

NONE

12. Provide the dxdiag log file as an attachment, see [bPart B below. This is essential information and should be provide when you need help from members.[/b]

Attached

13. Supply a screenshot of the Edit Workspace, full screen image to show us what you're doing and the image also gives us vital data. See Part E & F below.

Attached
 Filename
Philm5dDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
256 time(s)
[Thumb - Untitled-1.jpg]
 Filename
Untitled-1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
178 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
101 time(s)
 Filename
Philm5d 2 DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
257 time(s)
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
philm5d:

I had a look at your dxdiag file. Your CPU, an i3, is going to struggle with HD editing. Also, you appear to have two internal, on-board Intel graphics chips, but both only have 64 MB of dedicated VRAM. Moreover, your video drivers date from January 2011. You should go to the Intel site and download the latest, non-beta, drivers. Below is the link for PD11 Deluxe requirements, the least resource-hungry of the PD family.

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-deluxe/specs_en_CA.html

HD video editing is the toughest thing you can ask a computer to do. I think your computer is just falling over because it is running out of resources trying to render/burn such a large BD disk.

Some folks here with more limited computer platforms break their projects up into separate parts, produce each part separately, and then assemble the produced parts in a final project. This approach, though more time-consuming, reduces the resource load on your computer and you might be able to get the BD burned successfully.

Hope this is of some help. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, looked at your Dxdiag.txt file (64 bit), I see no problems with your computer system. The only thing I saw was the Intel HD graphics driver may not be the latest.

That would not cause disk burning errors.

Looking at your screen shot of the burning module, your error occurred while trying to create the Menu System for the Disk (less that 21% progress)

You have customized the menu which may be where the incorrect parameter came from.

Try either a default menu or the No Menu option and Burn a folder only, uncheck burn disk.
By burning a folder only, you do not waste disks. (BluRay disks--Ouch)
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

philm5d [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Ok, looked at your Dxdiag.txt file (64 bit), I see no problems with your computer system. The only thing I saw was the Intel HD graphics driver may not be the latest.

That would not cause disk burning errors.

Looking at your screen shot of the burning module, your error occurred while trying to create the Menu System for the Disk (less that 21% progress)

You have customized the menu which may be where the incorrect parameter came from.

Try either a default menu or the No Menu option and Burn a folder only, uncheck burn disk.
By burning a folder only, you do not waste disks. (BluRay disks--Ouch)

Sir, I can't thank you enough. On my original disc which I managed to burn successfully, the chapter text had merged together so all I did was separate the text boxes a little. So why this resulted in the burning error is a mystery (at least to me!). Makes me wonder why the clever people who design the software can't come up with warning messages such as " you have messed about with the menu text, so I'm not going to burn your disc", rather than these cryptic error messages which mean nothing to your average Joe, or Phil.
As I type the blu ray disc seems to be burning OK. I'll be even more delighted if the playback problem has gone too!

Hopefully all will be well - watch this space - but meanwhile heartfelt thanks! Kind regards, Phil.
Carl312
[Post New]
The menu system in Powerdirector has for years needed a overhaul or updating.

It is the weakest area of Powerdirector.

Cyberlink does need to program in better error messages and better error detection.

philm5d [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: The menu system in Powerdirector has for years needed a overhaul or updating.

It is the weakest area of Powerdirector.

Cyberlink does need to program in better error messages and better error detection.

Hi Carl I was going to post another thread about a subsequent problem I've had but thought I'd try here first in case you can pick up on it.

Before all the problems, I originally managed to burn the project to a Pioneer Blu Ray disc,this was in mpeg 2 format 1920x1080 50i. Lovely playback quality until the disc froze up in playing about half way through , also the menu text was too big and overlapped.
This led me to messing with the menu text which messed up the burning process and that is where you came in!!!
I used the proper means to adjust the menu text size and followed your advice - trouble was the project grew to 27Gb (for some reason), thus being too big for 25Gb discs.
Back to the drawing board. I used the SVRT button which suggested burning in H264 AVC format which I did. I burned a copy to a folder on the hard drive and then used ImgBurn program to burn a TDK blu ray disc.

So far so good, however the quality of playback is not as good as the very first disc. Static scenes are every bit as good but any movement be it camera or subject is ever so slightly jittery (enough to be irritating) Subject movement also leaves what looks like scan line trails for a fraction of a second.

So here we are again. All I am wanting is quality as good as I get playing the camera direct through the TV.
As a matter of interest my project is 1hr 40 long, however the software seems to think that it's actually just over 2 hours long. The timeline video/audio stops at 1.40 but the rest is made up of blank unused timeline. In the CREATE DISK page that disc production summary bottom left reads 27.6 Gb for the project or toggles to a project length readout of 2 hours.04 mins.
Any help much appreciated.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
philm5d,
if your video appears longer than it's supposed to be, you MIGHT have a little file, or piece of a file, wa-a-a-a-y down your timelines.
Stretch your timeline out all the way, and see if you can find a tidbit of something you should have deleted. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT