Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Custom Resolution (MOV) for Jozsef
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
A member (Jozsef - can't recall the user name) asked about a custom MOV profile. His question and my response were deleted, so I'm reposting for the benefit of the member.

Jozsef -

Some things about MOV profile cannot be customised, but frame rates can.

Attached is (a) a profile that should do the job for you and (b) the MediaInfo report from a produced video made in PD. Just copy the contents of the profile at the end of you Profile.ini (after the last &)

To make the profile, I selected the MOV FullHD profile and edited the highlighted items:

I think that's what I said before.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Jozsef MediaInfo.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
293 time(s)
 Filename
Jozsef MOV Profile.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
896 bytes
 Downloaded:
282 time(s)
[Thumb - Jozsef_Edit.png]
 Filename
Jozsef_Edit.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
11 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
428 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 13. 2013 04:16

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Csébi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 16, 2013 12:32 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony,
Thank you for your help but can't solve my problem. Your custom profile JozsefMOV is exactly the same to that I have created. But I still have tried yours. The result was the same, frame rate remained 25 and output was bad quality. In my PD11Ultra when on Produce page hit MOV fast rendering is not working.
My user name is Csébi sometimes i use instead accidentally my first name Jozsef
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
I agree with you about the quality of the produced file.

I just took a clip (straight off the camera) - MTS 1920x1080 @24MBps & produced it using the Joszef MOV profile I posted. Lots of pixelation in the render.

BUT - it does have the right frame rate. Media Info report attached.

What is the bitrate & framerate of your original clips?

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Jozsef MI.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
307 time(s)

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Tony,
Thank you for your help but can't solve my problem. Your custom profile JozsefMOV is exactly the same to that I have created. But I still have tried yours. The result was the same, frame rate remained 25 and output was bad quality. In my PD11Ultra when on Produce page hit MOV fast rendering is not working.
My user name is Csébi sometimes i use instead accidentally my first name Jozsef

Hi Csébi,
Please attach a 5 second sample of your mov file. Point, record and attach that file.
Select Post Reply/Attachment to attach a file or click link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/quote/0/161753.page

Having a sample file would help in creating a Profile.

Dafydd
Csébi [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,
see my sample file in the attachment
 Filename
example.mov
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
5405 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
311 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 22. 2013 15:50

ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Csébi -

It must have have been in your first (now deleted) post that I got the idea that the bitrate of your clips was 9500Kbps. MediaInfo shows it (on your sample clip) as 7057Kbps.

This will not resolve the quality issues, but there's an appropriate profile attached. Just paste it at the end of your Profile.ini (after the last &)

I produced your "example.mov" using the custom profile and the quality ia terrible. Side by side MediaInfo reports attached. Produced to MPEG-4 1280X720 23.976fps @ 9MBps, the quality was as good as the original. I have no explanation for that... but I know what I'd be doing.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Jozsef_MI reports.png]
 Filename
Jozsef_MI reports.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
31 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
79 time(s)
 Filename
Jozsef MOV 720p.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
906 bytes
 Downloaded:
294 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 23. 2013 00:05

Csébi [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tony,

after our short discussion i have concluded that:
1.Rewriting Profile.ini works on your PD11 but does not on my PD11, (frame rate remains 25fps)
2. In both case output is of very bad quality
3. My original .mov videos can not be produced with MOV in PD11
4. I have to produce MPEG-4 files (parameter setting in custom profiles is easy, output quality is practically the same)
5. Point 4 has the advantage of Fast rendering (either SVRT or hardware) while MOV does not have it
6. Your MediaInfo -s show lots of differences between original and produced files maybe here are the roots of bad quality production
7. MOV container must be very sophisticated
8. I am disappointed in PD11-s MOV features. I thougt (based on Cyberlink online information) that PD11Ultra will satisfactorily handle my mov videos.

Thank you
Cheers Jozsef
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Tony,

after our short discussion i have concluded that:
1.Rewriting Profile.ini works on your PD11 but does not on my PD11, (frame rate remains 25fps)
2. In both case output is of very bad quality
3. My original .mov videos can not be produced with MOV in PD11
4. I have to produce MPEG-4 files (parameter setting in custom profiles is easy, output quality is practically the same)
5. Point 4 has the advantage of Fast rendering (either SVRT or hardware) while MOV does not have it
6. Your MediaInfo -s show lots of differences between original and produced files maybe here are the roots of bad quality production
7. MOV container must be very sophisticated
8. I am disappointed in PD11-s MOV features. I thougt (based on Cyberlink online information) that PD11Ultra will satisfactorily handle my mov videos.

Thank you
Cheers Jozsef

Hi Csébi,
The MOV you have uses the mpeg4 codec and converting/rendering to an mpeg4 is the better solution. The extension mp4/mov is interchangeable in some circumstances and doing so to your file shows this attribute. The produced mp4 can also be changed to the mov container.

Using your Mov threw up a bug - I've seen this before using an SVRT created profile. Customizing the SVRT profile by analyzing the original file resolved the issue and SVRT kicked in correctly.

The pixelation quality of your output is a concern. Please provide additional information:
1. A diagnostic file of your computer,
2. screenshot of your project/any project in the Edit Workspace. The aim is to see your layout/contents please.
3. Preference/Produce selection options you've checked.
4. Preference/Hardware Acceleration options you've selected.
5. Preferences/Confirmation options checked.

At the moment the incidence of poor rendering looks to be a computer struggling and it's resulting in poorly produced files.

For more information on how to provide the information asked for please view the guides, Part A, B, E & F.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24771.page

Dafydd
ynotfish
[Post New]
When I rendered Jozsef's "example" clip, I was using the PC described in the attached DxDiag. The only thing in the timeline was Jozsef's 6 second clip. The PC was not struggling at all, but PD produced a poor quality MOV file. Also attached.

When I tried to produce using Intelligent SVRT, it threw up the same error posted here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29541.page - hence the custom profile.

Cheers - Tony

Filename
YNOT_64DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
46 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
273 time(s)
 Filename
YNOT_DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
297 time(s)
 Filename
Jozsef.mov
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
5521 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
280 time(s)

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: When I rendered Jozsef's "example" clip, I was using the PC described in the attached DxDiag. The only thing in the timeline was Jozsef's 6 second clip. The PC was not struggling at all, but PD produced a poor quality MOV file. Also attached.

When I tried to produce using Intelligent SVRT, it threw up the same error posted here https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29541.page - hence the custom profile.

Cheers - Tony

Interesting.
Using your profile for an MOV and other MOV profiles I created threw up a VLQT32KernelClient32 error repeatedly, I'll check QT and update it again.

The mp4 SVRT error is corrected by altering the audio SVRT selects, reducing it to 160kbps and closer to the actual file. SVRT selected 384kbps and that triggered the error message.

A better MOV is produced when the JPEG codec is selected. This is the codec used often when clips are purchased from/supplied to, online (video clips) download sites and would be my selection if rendering to MOV.

This isn't a computer issue - oops, my error.

Dafydd

[Thumb - SD-2013-02-167.png]
 Filename
SD-2013-02-167.png
[Disk]
 Description
JPEG Codec used for MOV production
 Filesize
27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
275 time(s)
 Filename
Csebi-NEW-Profile-ini.txt
[Disk]
 Description
MP4/SVRT - MOV/JPEG Codec Profiles
 Filesize
1 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
309 time(s)
[Thumb - SD-2013-02-164.png]
 Filename
SD-2013-02-164.png
[Disk]
 Description
MP4/SVRT Audio correction
 Filesize
68 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
275 time(s)

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at Aug 26. 2013 12:56

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Csébi ,
Have you managed to try out the New Profile suggestions yet?
Dafydd
ynotfish
[Post New]
Dafydd -

That's helpful information about modifying the audio bitrate suggested by the "Intelligent" SVRT profile. I hope I remember that!

Yes - changing the video compressor from H.264 to JPEG codec type works much better for Jozsef's clip. Could you please elaborate on that? The standard 1920x1080 MOV profile uses the H.264 codec type too.

You're right about JPEG being the common codec used at download sites. Wonder why that is?

Cheers - Tony
Csébi [Avatar]
[Post New]
hi dafydd
I have given up, I am not a video-software expert. I am confirmed that MOV production in PD11Ultra is very restricted, fast rendering is not working at all (neither SVRT, nor hardware) rewriting profile.ini was not successful (fps can not be changed). So I use MPEG-4 for production. It renders my mov files to mp4 satisfactorily, without loss in quality.
Thank you for your help

cheers Jozsef Csébi

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 28. 2013 08:47