Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 11 Burned DVD will not play at TV station
BroDon316
Member Location: Landenberg, PA Joined: Jun 23, 2013 09:55 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rob,

That is true. So with the 3 DVDs I just sent in, they are on two different disc types. DVD-R, Taiyo Yuden Premium and Memorex. The Memorex were the same ones that the TV station loaded fine a few months ago.

I expect to hear something Monday or Tuesday next week. PD 11 Ult Suite PD11.2812,
ASUS G750JW: Win 8 64-bit OS; Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ processor, 2.4GHz (with Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz); 8GB DDR3; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M 2GB graphic; HD 5400 rpm 1TB. USB 3.0 1-4TB.
Tina9999
Newbie Location: Northern CA Joined: Oct 12, 2012 23:38 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
BroDon316 - did you ever resolve this issue? I produce 28-58 min videos of live bands for public access tv stations and got little to no help from most of the engineers/programmers. It's been 2 years and I'm still figuring things out mostly on my own. I was told dvds have to be DVD-R, most require MPEG-2. However when I started burning directly from the PD11 program, without taking all the extra time for Producing, all stations were able to read them, and I saved about 4-6 hrs. I did find out should be NTSC 60i since interlaced is better for tv. 16:9 perspective shows up better, and then you can keep it the same for Youtube. I tried other programs to burn dvds but most seem to require menus, which, as you know are not allowed for tv. So I am sticking with the auto program in PD11. Please let me know if you learned anything else, please? Thanks! Tina9999 CyberPower Inc Windows 7
Intel (R) Core (tm) i7-4770K cpu @ 3.50 ghz
64 bit op sys - 32.0 GB RAM
BroDon316
Member Location: Landenberg, PA Joined: Jun 23, 2013 09:55 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tina,

I have not heard back, so I am a bit disapointed in the lack of response. I am not sure if asking them if they got them would make issues worse or they are already now so bad it will not hurt. Definitely touchy people to deal with. I'll check in with them next week.

My DVDs are -R and PD11 says MPEG-2 in setting up for the burn. I use a burn rate of 4.0 or less.

I agree with your approach, as long as the source clips are 60i and PD11 set to NTSC. Throw some 24p in there and I think you will have to produce to a NTSC 60i file first to burn the DVDs from.

That note above about using the Smart Fit feature is what got me going down a rabbit path, and I never would have had a forced education process. Cyberlink said they will add it to their fix list. PD 11 Ult Suite PD11.2812,
ASUS G750JW: Win 8 64-bit OS; Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ processor, 2.4GHz (with Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz); 8GB DDR3; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M 2GB graphic; HD 5400 rpm 1TB. USB 3.0 1-4TB.