Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD 8 Ultra crash in Vista 32bit
Carol [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 08, 2008 16:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Power DVD 8 Ultra crash in Vista 32bit when I play media file or DVD disk, crash when I click Configure or About too. I used the Trial befor without problem. Any body have same problem
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Carol,

Please submit all of your information (complete computer specs, procedure to get this error) to customer support so they can help you with the problem.

http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/support_index.html

Thanks

David
Michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 26, 2008 16:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Carol,

I get the exact same message! I sent tech support all the pertinent info and they sent me a lengthy solution that didn't work. I sent them a follow up but I haven't heard anything back yet. Funny they didn't take any time removing money from my bank account when I bought the non-working product but I had to wait 2 days to get the first unhelpful reply. I am at the point of wanting my money back to see if there is another program out there for bluray on my PC!
Carol [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 08, 2008 16:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Still crash after install newest update patch. Can not use PowerDVD 8 Ultra after bought, its funny
Justin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 08, 2008 14:18 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having a similar problem with 7.3 ultra (OEM) and the demo of 8. Playback of anything, the configure and about screens all cause it to stop working and close with the same error.

I'm on Vista Home Basic (32bit) with an ATI HD3650 GPU.
Justin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 08, 2008 14:18 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
The problem was due to a bad Realtek audio driver for my onboard sound, which I wasn't even using anymore. I have to give Cyberlinks support a lot of credit for troubleshooting this. I didn't expect this good of support for OEM software.
paul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 21, 2008 23:01 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
hurray, Another problem with vista and those rip of pikies at micfrosoft. I am so sorry that i didnt buy a sony laptop or a mac. Having just spent a lot of money on an alienware laptop and making the huge mistake of getting poxy vista on it. I am spending most of my time attending to conflicts errors and misalignments. Cyber link (is it owned by Dopey Dell?) is the latest. Your joking if Id buy the full version, no way sunshine. It doesnt work with vista, I havenet seen any useful information from cyber link as how to make it work. except for dropping a four pound lumphammer on Bill Gates gormless scull. I am sorry for not buying a sony. I have had four trouble free years with their laptop and associated software. It works every time and just gets better. Cuberlink is a fraud. I see nothing but a grainy picture, a load of hot air, like the fan out of this laptop. To all out there, buy Sony, you will not be disappointed,
paul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 21, 2008 23:01 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Ps Newbie? whats that supposed to mean? A newly hacked off customer, led up the garden path buy yet another software company? I dare say that Cyberlink employees have gothic tatoos on veal like skin, and call each other dude . Plesae sort out your software problem and drop the patronising juvenile lingo twoddle, correct the Vista conflict or ,offer sound advice such as , buy a mac or buy a sony.but for the love of all things holy dont buy Vista
Anthony [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 03, 2008 19:46 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Having the same problem. I deleted the rtHD???.exe file ....anything else that needs to be done?... it still crashes