Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No Video on timeline (Power Director 6)
TaRon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 24, 2008 17:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I cannot view my videos on my timeline. It will show in the Media Section. However, it works on XP but not Vista.
Rick [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Cuba via Miami now Living in L.A. Joined: Mar 07, 2008 17:03 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Video clips (or any element for that matter) in your library don't actually show up in the timeline until you place them there. Are you saying that after placing a video clip in the timeline you can't see it? To preview a clip in the timeline all you have to do is click on it once and then click Play in the preview window. Shouldn't matter to PD6 if you're using Vista or XP.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
TaRon,

I've already sent you an email in response to your PM.

1. What build of PowerDirector are you using?
Go to: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Read: PART A & D
Use these guides to help us understand your situation.
2. What camera are you using?

Dafydd
TaRon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 24, 2008 17:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am using PowerDirector 6. I think the problem is with my particular laptop (Dell). I am not able to view a preview of any media in the timeline. However, On two other laptops, My Compaq (XP) is working fine and my Toshiba (Vista) is working properly. I've changed the screen resolution on my Dell laptop, updated the VGA Driver, and re-installed PD6. Did I leave anything out? I am using a AMD Turion Processor for the Dell. Could that be a factor? The others are AMD Anthlon 64. I'm not usinfa camera. These are regular video files. Even the preinstalled Aquarium video will not show up in the preview when I run it in the timeline. Only the sound.
Rick [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Cuba via Miami now Living in L.A. Joined: Mar 07, 2008 17:03 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
OK, now we're getting somewhere. Almost all laptop computers have integrated video cards (part of the motherboard) and share system RAM. When playing a video within a program like Windows Media Player the video is output directly, but in a program like PD6 video playback is often placed on an overlay. Unfortunately, some integrated video cards do not do overlays well or at all. Vista has some very extreme graphics requirements, many of which are turned off on a laptop that doesn't meet the preformance standards required. This may be why the preview video does not work. You need to contact the computer manufacturer and find out what settings you may be able to change in order to get video to work properly. It may be a simple BIOS setting or something in the OS that needs to be changed. And it may turn out that trying to do video editing on a laptop will be an exercise in frustration.